Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

footy dept $$$

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:53 pm
Post subject: footy dept $$$Reply with quote

In light of the crows n suns cooach sackings, does anyone know if the payouts r part of the dept spending cap?
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 pm
Post subject: Re: footy dept $$$Reply with quote

BHPIE wrote:
In light of the crows n suns cooach sackings, does anyone know if the payouts r part of the dept spending cap?

Asked myself this same question when the Crows sacked Sando.
Has to be surely! They would have been paid if they stayed so I can't see why it wouldn't be included unless a clause exists for termination. Even then it is still an expense.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:40 pm

winpies wrote:
BHPIE wrote:

Has to be surely! They would have been paid if they stayed so I can't see why it wouldn't be included unless a clause exists for termination. Even then it is still an expense.

payout would be included in this year's spending thus avoiding the tax.

i think eddie or someone similar pointed out that clubs are paying out millions for sacked coaches yet we get taxed for footy dept spending.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:08 pm

John Wren wrote:
winpies wrote:
BHPIE wrote:

payout would be included in this year's spending thus avoiding the tax.

i think eddie or someone similar pointed out that clubs are paying out millions for sacked coaches yet we get taxed for footy dept spending.

I think ideally the Crows and Suns would like the payout counted in this years spend but there was some Crows angst in the Sando situation that they may have to count in the contracted year. Last mentioned that they were waiting on direction from the AFL.

I'm extremely disappointed about these senseless dismissals in an environment where some of these clubs rely heavily on handouts. Fluck 'Em I say, make it count in the contracted year, might take some of the glee off equalisation and the faux tax.
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Think ya can add Essendon to that list also
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:29 pm

Thanks fellas, I agree ,why should we pay for being successful off field, this equalization crap is really king me off.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Rexy17 wrote:
Think ya can add Essendon to that list also

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:10 pm

I really hope Essendon can get Hird on a breach of Contract and avoid a payout. So sick of that arrogant prick.
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:08 pm

Hang on a mo, if the wages r counted in this yrs accounts, then surely they have exceeded this yrs cap ,other wise what's to stop us from offering a 10 yr contract to all our staff n then mix n match sackings ,if u know what I mean
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:27 pm

Wokko wrote:
I really hope Essendon can get Hird on a breach of Contract and avoid a payout. So sick of that arrogant prick.

Isn't it funny how shit works out.

Essendon finally gave Sheedy the flick and bought in another ex Ninthmond hack in knights. Then, when they don't immediately win premierships they sack him and go begging to the jug eared one to please please be their coach. Pretty please with peptides on top.

So ole jughead drops out of his million dollar a year gig to coach, and immediately utterly forks things up by adopting a medication regime that was, at absolute best, as dodgy as a Michelangelo painting of Kim kardashian.

Now, after getting paid $1m to swan around Paris for a year, he actually seems to think he has a reputation to save? Dude that ship sailed, sank and is now a divers haunt.

I hope he stays, if only because as long as he does, Essendon is futterly ucked.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Interesting that Hawthorn is prepared to pay this tax on Footy Dept spending because they don't want to compromise the great coaching unit they have. Makes sense. Surely we are rich enough to pay the tax rather than make cuts, or has Hawthorn surpassed us in that capacity as well. They'll have more members than us next year as well.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:05 am

collie dog wrote:
Interesting that Hawthorn is prepared to pay this tax on Footy Dept spending because they don't want to compromise the great coaching unit they have. Makes sense. Surely we are rich enough to pay the tax rather than make cuts, or has Hawthorn surpassed us in that capacity as well. They'll have more members than us next year as well.

I agree. We have the money and we should be spending whatever we need to in order to get an edge. If that means paying the tax, then pay it.

I don't see the victory in curtailing our own footy departments in order to make a futile point.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:56 am

collie dog wrote:

Good point. If we can afford the extra tax, why not just get the best people we can?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:57 am

BHPIE wrote:
Hang on a mo, if the wages r counted in this yrs accounts, then surely they have exceeded this yrs cap ,other wise what's to stop us from offering a 10 yr contract to all our staff n then mix n match sackings ,if u know what I mean

The faux footy department spend cap doesn't start till 2015, which is why these clubs want the expense this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: