Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The List Manager on Trade Radio

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lone Ranger wrote:
35forever wrote:
In 2012 we should have been BETTER than we were in 2011, and THAT is what we were told to expect, no one talked of re-builds, the footy media were shitting themselves, all the Collingwood haters were miserable! No one could see how we could fail to win more flags.

Regardless of what you think is the reason for our fall, you cant argue with this.
How quickly some forget just how powerful we were in 2011 with a young list expected to only get better.
We got hit hard by injuries in 2011 and were still flogging everyone.

We were so powerful in 2011 that we lost 3 times to the cats.

Bear in mind upto 2009, we were at best a prelim team with a 10 goal plus thrashing that year.

It was only with the recruitment of Jolly and Ball that we were able to take the next step in 2010 and 2011.

Come 2012, Ball lasted 2 1/2 games and Jolly lost the ability to jump and started to succumb to injuries ( so much so that by 2013 year end, he had been surpassed by a first year ruck man and a 35 year old journey man).

Our injuries were worse in 2012 and Bucks managed to get us to the prelim. Doubt that MM would have done better.

Bucks, to his credit, identified earlier than most of us that the list was not capable of going all the way and has started the rebuild 2 years earlier.
Whether Bucks is the person to take us to the promised land, I do not know. However we will be in a better position because of what he did.

Remember 2004 and 2005. This is where we are at.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:26 pm

35forever wrote:

We should be celebrating our record-breaking 5th flag right now and instead we're discussing which type of player to get with our early picks to make us competitive in 2018! Imagine how we'd be now with Pendles, Beamer, Daisy, Heater, Cloke Swan, Ball, Blair, Steelo, Harry O, Caff, Wellingham, Dawes, Reid, Elliot and Fasolo at their best? Add to that the kids Hine would've provided who would be working their arses off trying to break into that squad! This is the side that thumped Port by 70 odd in round one. At half time we were 13.3! We only kicked that score as a total three times this year, and we were kicking straight! A week later we flogged North by even more, we were unbackable for the flag, we won a dozen games by more than 50 points and two by over a hundred. This was just 3 years ago!!!!!

I've been over this with you before sunshine.

We wouldn't have won 5 in a row because we couldn't win 2 in a row even though our 2011 side was ..ahem "THE BEST SIDE EVER". And that's with old man Malthouse still coaching us.

We were flattered in 2011 because there were 3 very good sides (us, Geelong and Hawthorn) one decent side (West Coast) and the rest were ordinary to totally shithouse. The comp this year is much more even and you can no longer pencil in any easy wins as you once could with GCS and the Giants in their infancy.

Fact is Hawthorn is flat out better than we ever were. You could take the 2011 or 2010 side at their best and Hawthorn would beat it with ease. They've got Gunston, Breust, Roughead and until last year Franklin in their F50. We had Cloke and Dawes. They've got Lake, Gibson, Birchall and Hodge down back and we had Nathan Brown, Chris Tarrant, Maxwell and Lumumba. Plus they've got a coach who has won 3 flags in a decade. Malthouse has 3 in 30 years.

I'm appealing to your rational side here. Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. You know this five in a row stuff is illogical and highly, highly unlikely to ever occur and that no one buys it or believes you,yet you keep saying it. It really is pointless to keep saying it because your argument is unsustainable and impossible to prove either way.

I know we've had our differences but seriously I'm beginning to worry about you now. Surely you have other things in your life to occupy yourself with rather than torturing yourself over what might have been (in your own mind anyway), over and over and over and over again?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Flashman wrote:
35forever wrote:

We should be celebrating our record-breaking 5th flag right now and instead we're discussing which type of player to get with our early picks to make us competitive in 2018! Imagine how we'd be now with Pendles, Beamer, Daisy, Heater, Cloke Swan, Ball, Blair, Steelo, Harry O, Caff, Wellingham, Dawes, Reid, Elliot and Fasolo at their best? Add to that the kids Hine would've provided who would be working their arses off trying to break into that squad! This is the side that thumped Port by 70 odd in round one. At half time we were 13.3! We only kicked that score as a total three times this year, and we were kicking straight! A week later we flogged North by even more, we were unbackable for the flag, we won a dozen games by more than 50 points and two by over a hundred. This was just 3 years ago!!!!!

We wouldn't have won 5 in a row because we couldn't win 2 in a row even though our 2011 side was ..ahem "THE BEST SIDE EVER". And that's with old man Malthouse still coaching us.

We were flattered in 2011 because there were 3 very good sides (us, Geelong and Hawthorn) one decent side (West Coast) and the rest were ordinary to totally shithouse. The comp this year is much more even and you can no longer pencil in any easy wins as you once could with GCS and the Giants in their infancy.

Fact is Hawthorn is flat out better than we ever were. You could take the 2011 or 2010 side at their best and Hawthorn would beat it with ease. They've got Gunston, Breust, Roughead and until last year Franklin in their F50. We had Cloke and Dawes. They've got Lake, Gibson, Birchall and Hodge down back and we had Nathan Brown, Chris Tarrant, Maxwell and Lumumba. Plus they've got a coach who has won 3 flags in a decade. Malthouse has 3 in 30 years.

I'm appealing to your rational side here. Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. You know this five in a row stuff is illogical and highly, highly unlikely to ever occur and that no one buys it or believes you,yet you keep saying it. It really is pointless to keep saying it because your argument is unsustainable and impossible to prove either way.

I know we've had our differences but seriously I'm beginning to worry about you now. Surely you have other things in your life to occupy yourself with rather than torturing yourself over what might have been (in your own mind anyway), over and over and over and over again?

Gees that's a brilliant honest post

Museman 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Flashman wrote:
35forever wrote:

If 35 is one end of extreme here is the other.............

Ahh no they wouldn't.

I know this because they DIDN'T, the only player you mentioned that they didn't have at the time was Gunston.

You see the pressure put on Sydney on the weekend?

At it's best the 10/11 side did that to everyone!
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:08 pm

On preliminary final day 2010 we would have beaten anybody. We achieved footy nirvana that day. So I wouldn't say Hawks 2014 would beat us. It would be a helluva game Smile

The delusional one is now fantasizing about an alternative present in which we have all of the guys we moved on, AS WELL AS the young blokes we drafted with the picks we got for trading them, putting pressure on them for spots!

Of course this is how it should be. Imagine if we had Adams feeding it out to Daisy, who kicks to Dawes who of course spills the mark but it's all good coz Kennedy grabs the crumbs and handballs to Broomhead who goals!

Damn you Buckley why didn't you keep all our old players while preparing us for the future?

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:41 pm

[/quote]

We were so powerful in 2011 that we lost 3 times to the cats.

Bear in mind upto 2009, we were at best a prelim team with a 10 goal plus thrashing that year.

It was only with the recruitment of Jolly and Ball that we were able to take the next step in 2010 and 2011.

Come 2012, Ball lasted 2 1/2 games and Jolly lost the ability to jump and started to succumb to injuries ( so much so that by 2013 year end, he had been surpassed by a first year ruck man and a 35 year old journey man).

Our injuries were worse in 2012 and Bucks managed to get us to the prelim. Doubt that MM would have done better.

Bucks, to his credit, identified earlier than most of us that the list was not capable of going all the way and has started the rebuild 2 years earlier.
Whether Bucks is the person to take us to the promised land, I do not know. However we will be in a better position because of what he did.
.[/quote]

All this is spot on IMHO.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Museman wrote:
Flashman wrote:
35forever wrote:

Ahh no they wouldn't.

I know this because they DIDN'T, the only player you mentioned that they didn't have at the time was Gunston.

Hawthorn were a long way off in 2010 but still managed a win over us. They improved out of sight in 2011 but you're talking out of your arse if you think they were close to the finished product we've seen the past 3 seasons.

Also Roughead missed nearly all of 2011 as well.

Take Cloke out of our 2011 side and do you reckon we'd have still made the GF? Yeah sure we would have with Dawes and Leigh Brown stepping up Laughing

We were an excellent side no doubt about it but Hawthorn (as were Geelong 07-11) are an all-time side. Personally I think we were more like 1990 than anything (though more talented and successful) who also pinched a flag in the middle of the transition between two brilliant football sides (Hawthorn and West Coast).

By the way, I recall the 2012 Qualifying Final where we hit Hawthorn with everything, laying more tackles than we managed against them in the prelim the previous year but Hawthorn absorbed it, matched it and then run away from us with far superior ball use and run. Why? Because they'd learnt to deal with those tactics because they were a much better side as they've proven beyond doubt many times since.
Museman 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:25 pm

Flashman wrote:
Museman wrote:
Flashman wrote:
35forever wrote:

Ahh no they wouldn't.

Hawthorn were a long way off in 2010 but still managed a win over us. They improved out of sight in 2011 but you're talking out of your arse if you think they were close to the finished product we've seen the past 3 seasons.

Take Cloke out of our 2011 side and do you reckon we'd have still made the GF? Yeah sure we would have with Dawes and Leigh Brown stepping up Laughing

We were an excellent side no doubt about it but Hawthorn (as were Geelong 07-11) are an all-time side. Personally I think we were more like 1990 than anything (though more talented and successful) who also pinched a flag in the middle of the transition between two brilliant football sides (Hawthorn and West Coast).

By the way, I recall the 2012 Qualifying Final where we hit Hawthorn with everything, laying more tackles than we managed against them in the prelim the previous year but Hawthorn absorbed it, matched it and then run away from us with far superior ball use and run. Why? Because they'd learnt to deal with those tactics because they were a much better side as they've proven beyond doubt many times since.

You've pulled little ditty's from everywhere to try and back up your WAY over the top statement that I highlighted there....

Laughing wtf has 2012 and since got to do with 2010?? wtf does Roughead missing 2011 got to do with it??

Beat them with ease you said LMFAO.....

You should go on my ignore list because you clearly know SFA about football...

If you are going to include them beating us in 2010 by 3pts when we couldn't hit the side of a barn accuracy wise....you might wanna mention that we beat them senseless on the other occasion that year?

This all time side?

Had a little luck in 2008 you think?
Were lucky Fremantle had more than a little stage fright last year....
And umpire aided to even get there this year....

You've been seduced by success(no matter how the occurrence)...it's understandable people with little knowledge often are......

You could have just said..."maybe my with EASE statement was a little over the top" and we could have avoided this. Embarassed
Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:41 pm

Museman wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Museman wrote:
Flashman wrote:
35forever wrote:

Ahh no they wouldn't.

You've pulled little ditty's from everywhere to try and back up your WAY over the top statement that I highlighted there....

Laughing wtf has 2012 and since got to do with 2010?? wtf does Roughead missing 2011 got to do with it??

If you are going to include them beating us in 2010 by 3pts when we couldn't hit the side of a barn accuracy wise....you might wanna mention that we beat them senseless on the other occasion that year?

This all time side?

You've been seduced by success(no matter how the occurrence)...it's understandable people with little knowledge often are......

You could have just said..."maybe my with EASE statement was a little over the top" and we could have avoided this. Embarassed

Don't dream it, do it.

LOL at the "oh dear me, it's come to this" tone. That shit went out of fashion in online debating in about 2002 but you stick with it knackers you could spark its revival Laughing

As for the rest the best you can come up with is the umps favoured them, they were lucky and Freo choked. Good stuff that and really gets to the crux of the Hawthorn juggernaut.

Matter of fact I'll probably have to put you on ignore actually. You clearly see things about football that are beyond the scope of most normal human beings and I'm through having my mind blown on my down time like this Very Happy
Museman 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:04 pm

Flashman wrote:
Museman wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Museman wrote:
Flashman wrote:
35forever wrote:

Ahh no they wouldn't.

This all time side?

Don't dream it, do it.

LOL at the "oh dear me, it's come to this" tone. That shit went out of fashion in online debating in about 2002 but you stick with it knackers you could spark its revival Laughing

As for the rest the best you can come up with is the umps favoured them, they were lucky and Freo choked. Good stuff that and really gets to the crux of the Hawthorn juggernaut.

Matter of fact I'll probably have to put you on ignore actually. You clearly see things about football that are beyond the scope of most normal human beings and I'm through having my mind blown on my down time like this Very Happy

Not nice Shocked

I s'pose football knowledge would seem alien to you, but I assure it's perfectly normal.

Down time??? are you saying you were high when you made the "with ease" statement???

I might be able to accept that Cool
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Flashman wrote:
35forever wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Wink
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:14 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Flashman wrote:
35forever wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Wink

Yep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: