Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Over the negativity & hate on bucks!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving players on - C
Media - B
Picking up players - C
Gameplan - D
Gameday - E
Luck - E

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:15 pm

[quote="The Boy Who Cried Wolf"]Moving players on - C
Media - B
Picking up players - C
Gameplan - D
Gameday - E
Luck - E[/quote
Media could be A
The rest I agree.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Moving players on - C
Media - A
Picking up players - C
Gameplan - B
Gameday - B
Luck - E
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:04 pm

Moving players on - F
no other club in AFL history has pissed off so many recent premiership players complete management disaster

Media - A
outstanding

Picking up 2nd hand players - E
pretty much a long list without significant success

New Recruit (incl. Adams) Procurement - B+
injuries haven't helped but the future still looks highly promising in terms of talent
Hine is the best pure football asset we have, and it looks like Bucks has a relationship with him, given Hine is still there and appears highly motivated.

Gameplan - C
jury still out given the turnover and injury run

Gameday - C
has had some big scalps but some big flops

Luck - yes not much luck, but usually people make there own so not much time for those excuses as is the philosophy of any sporting club

Player Motivation (Culture) - F
maybe he can do it, but with the stain of 10+ premiership players with negative things to say, it could take 6 more years for him to truly have a culture capable of being what it could have been.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:54 pm

^^ Jolly, Didak, and Davis have expressed their bitterness but don't recall any ex GF player saying anything about the club. Who are the other 7+ players?
themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:06 pm

jackcass wrote:
^^ Jolly, Didak, and Davis have expressed their bitterness but don't recall any ex GF player saying anything about the club. Who are the other 7+ players?

I suspect you can add Heath Shaw.

Anyway, Jolly, Didak & Davis were finished. On the other hand Thomas, Shaw, Dawes & Wellingham would still make our 22.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:09 pm

themonk wrote:
I suspect you can add Heath Shaw.

Anyway, Jolly, Didak & Davis were finished. On the other hand Thomas, Shaw, Dawes & Wellingham would still make our 22.

I'd expect only Shaw and Thomas to feature regularly.

Wellingham maybe more games than Dawes, otherwise I think there's not too much concern there on that list.

Davis had at least one more season, offered smaller more respectfully declined and was offered the same by two other clubs and declined again his choice to play in the WAFL for more money.

Sad though I thought he was finding his feet finally, but I guess that's what happens.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:15 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
We'll just have to agree to disagree about Davis' worth to the team. I would merely pause to observe, respectfully, that offering him a new contract for about $12.50 and a stale sandwich was one of Buckley's first acts as coach. There was a clear message in that - and Davis got it.

He was offered $200,000.

He thought he was worth more on the open market.

The market told him he was a flaky 31 year old who was regularly pantsed in big games.

So through his own brilliant negotiating, he ended up playing in the WAFL for....wait for it LESS. About $50Ks apparently.

Whoever was advising him dudded him out big time.

To put it into perspective, Tony Liberatore (a Brownlow Medallist) effectively played the last 5 years of his AFL career on minimum wage.

Leon cost himself at least two years of top flight footy on a hell of a lot more money than the fish n chip money he ended up getting in the WAFL.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr
cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:15 am

Double Post - deleted

Martin Luther King Jr
cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:29 am

CarringbushCigar wrote:

maybe he can do it, but with the stain of 10+ premiership players with negative things to say, it could take 6 more years for him to truly have a culture capable of being what it could have been.

Well, apparently he can.

Has the players playing for him and playing better than the sum of their parts.

We are definitely on the way up.

6 years? Nope. Here and now.

Every single one of those players that were moved on had to go.

Only the loss of Beams was in any way regrettable from a footballing perspective (Dawes is a great guy), but with De Goey at 18yo showing he has the right stuff going head to head with Hodge and Jack Crisp - everyone's favourite surprise packet - displaying a hardness and big game temperament, that to be fair Beams never really possessed, has me thinking even that trade worked out brilliantly for us.

The whole footy world is shifting nervously at the prospect of what we are building.

The 2010 premiership teams bets chance of another flag was 2011 - and they didn't pull it off for a myriad of reasons. Malthouse could have stayed a decade longer, but there was no more flags to be won out of that list AS THEY WERE.

Buckley and co have produced a miracle.

Finey was talking about it on SEN last night...Clarko admitted as much in his presser last night too.

For you Buckley haters, it must be like someone pissing into your Corn Flakes.

In the spirit of Side by Side Magpie solidarity - suffer!

Martin Luther King Jr
E 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:55 am

cooldewd wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:

Well, apparently he can.

Has the players playing for him and playing better than the sum of their parts.

We are definitely on the way up.

6 years? Nope. Here and now.

Every single one of those players that were moved on had to go.

Only the loss of Beams was in any way regrettable from a footballing perspective (Dawes is a great guy), but with De Goey at 18yo showing he has the right stuff going head to head with Hodge and Jack Crisp - everyone's favourite surprise packet - displaying a hardness and big game temperament, that to be fair Beams never really possessed, has me thinking even that trade worked out brilliantly for us.

The whole footy world is shifting nervously at the prospect of what we are building.

The 2010 premiership teams bets chance of another flag was 2011 - and they didn't pull it off for a myriad of reasons. Malthouse could have stayed a decade longer, but there was no more flags to be won out of that list AS THEY WERE.

Buckley and co have produced a miracle.

Finey was talking about it on SEN last night...Clarko admitted as much in his presser last night too.

For you Buckley haters, it must be like someone pissing into your Corn Flakes.

In the spirit of Side by Side Magpie solidarity - suffer!

Like!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:06 am

cooldewd wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
We'll just have to agree to disagree about Davis' worth to the team. I would merely pause to observe, respectfully, that offering him a new contract for about $12.50 and a stale sandwich was one of Buckley's first acts as coach. There was a clear message in that - and Davis got it.

He was offered $200,000.

The market told him he was a flaky 31 year old who was regularly pantsed in big games.

So through his own brilliant negotiating, he ended up playing in the WAFL for....wait for it LESS. About $50Ks apparently.

To put it into perspective, Tony Liberatore (a Brownlow Medallist) effectively played the last 5 years of his AFL career on minimum wage.

Leon cost himself at least two years of top flight footy on a hell of a lot more money than the fish n chip money he ended up getting in the WAFL.

I think you may have misunderstood my hyperbole - I was then (and remain) fully supportive of Buckley's decision to offer Davis a much-reduced contract. I was responding to this:

Museman wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Getting Clarke back was plainly a mistake. Letting Davis go wasn't.

Yeah you know what you're talking about Confused

Top 6 for possessions in the best performed collingwood year in recent memory....

A 33, 23, 20 finals series in that year and as skilled as any player on our list....

yuh...why would you retain that......

fook me swinging, some people....
cooldewd Sagittarius

DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:41 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
cooldewd wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

He was offered $200,000.

I think you may have misunderstood my hyperbole - I was then (and remain) fully supportive of Buckley's decision to offer Davis a much-reduced contract. I was responding to this:

Museman wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Getting Clarke back was plainly a mistake. Letting Davis go wasn't.

Yeah you know what you're talking about Confused

Top 6 for possessions in the best performed collingwood year in recent memory....

A 33, 23, 20 finals series in that year and as skilled as any player on our list....

yuh...why would you retain that......

fook me swinging, some people....

I humbly apologize if I misread your intentions.

Martin Luther King Jr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: