Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A question for Dayne: the 4 C's???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
King Malta wrote:
John Wren wrote:
derkd wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
Because his brother plays at a club that is 50 minutes up the road by car. And the last time I looked a sibling formed part of immediate family.

Would you not find it strange if he moved back to Queensland to be closer to family only not to play with the team that his brother plays for?

Are we seriously going to question the inner workings of the Beams family?

I respect all that, however, as a bit of a show of good will to Collingwood and the support and effort the club has put into him...you would think he would say "I would like to go to Brisbane if possible...however i take into respect the club needs to get the best possible return...therefore i am also open to playying with Gold Coast if push came to shove...it is more about getting home"

Not what has been said (or has been reported by his management) :

"We want to deal exclusively with Brisbane"

My point is more on Beams and his management team making it a bit easier for Collingwood trade team, while still respecting Beams wishes....because currently Brisbane are being twats about this whole thing...if we had a second suitor they might have a bit more to fight for.

if i were in brisbane's shoes i would be trying to drive down the price as much as possible.

Of course.

They'll try to drive it down and we'll try to drive it up. Eventually the two clubs will come to an agreement, hopefully it's more in our favour than theirs.

yes, obviously. my comment was in response to 'brisbane are being twats". they probably think collingwood are being twats. something will get sorted but there is much more water to go under the bridge.

Too right, will go deep into trade period I think
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

King Malta wrote:
John Wren wrote:
King Malta wrote:
John Wren wrote:
derkd wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
Because his brother plays at a club that is 50 minutes up the road by car. And the last time I looked a sibling formed part of immediate family.

Would you not find it strange if he moved back to Queensland to be closer to family only not to play with the team that his brother plays for?

Are we seriously going to question the inner workings of the Beams family?

I respect all that, however, as a bit of a show of good will to Collingwood and the support and effort the club has put into him...you would think he would say "I would like to go to Brisbane if possible...however i take into respect the club needs to get the best possible return...therefore i am also open to playying with Gold Coast if push came to shove...it is more about getting home"

Not what has been said (or has been reported by his management) :

"We want to deal exclusively with Brisbane"

My point is more on Beams and his management team making it a bit easier for Collingwood trade team, while still respecting Beams wishes....because currently Brisbane are being twats about this whole thing...if we had a second suitor they might have a bit more to fight for.

if i were in brisbane's shoes i would be trying to drive down the price as much as possible.

Of course.

They'll try to drive it down and we'll try to drive it up. Eventually the two clubs will come to an agreement, hopefully it's more in our favour than theirs.

yes, obviously. my comment was in response to 'brisbane are being twats". they probably think collingwood are being twats. something will get sorted but there is much more water to go under the bridge.

Too right, will go deep into trade period I think

I have no question it will get done, and i know it is all horse trading between Brisbane and Collingwood. My point was more if Gold Coast were in on the deal, we might see it would be easier to talk trade value.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: