Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Light years away

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

melliot wrote:
Hawks have a lot of 30s. And they're their critical players. Hodge, Lake, Lewis, Burgoyne, Mitchell, Birchell, Sewell, & Hale. I think this will be their last hoorah. Their slide may not see them tip out of finals but slide out of contention.

Hilarious post, tipifies this board on a whole to a tee.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:35 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Things can change pretty fast, like two years ago. Port were an absolute baseketcase, now look at em. Yes the hawks were great, but they are an old side, and guys like hodge, Mitchell, lake, hale, lewis, etc wont improve from here, the only way for the now is down, like the ageing cats, time does catch up with you. In two years they wont be dominating like now, its inevitable, just hope our very young team can come on and be a real challenge down the track.

Those 'aging' cats were good for one more flag once their nominal peak was past. Players like Enright, Mackie, and Kelly proved very durable beyond their peak before the rot set in. Whether the rot is in at Hawthorn we won't know until next year. I think they will be challenging for a flag next year again, and possibly beyond that even. They have a good age range across the whole team but the crunch will come when Hodge and Mitchell go, whenever that is. Meanwhile reports of their imminent demise seem a tad premature.

Personally I didn't watch the game. Nothing worse than watching Hawthorn win something, anything. Its always a bitter pill. I 'ates them bastards!

Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Things can change very quickly as we seen with Pt Adelaide, a couple of father and sons here and there, 1 or 2 big recruits more mileage in younger legs and we are back in it again...
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:17 pm

rocketronnie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Things can change pretty fast, like two years ago. Port were an absolute baseketcase, now look at em. Yes the hawks were great, but they are an old side, and guys like hodge, Mitchell, lake, hale, lewis, etc wont improve from here, the only way for the now is down, like the ageing cats, time does catch up with you. In two years they wont be dominating like now, its inevitable, just hope our very young team can come on and be a real challenge down the track.

Those 'aging' cats were good for one more flag once their nominal peak was past. Players like Enright, Mackie, and Kelly proved very durable beyond their peak before the rot set in. Whether the rot is in at Hawthorn we won't know until next year. I think they will be challenging for a flag next year again, and possibly beyond that even. They have a good age range across the whole team but the crunch will come when Hodge and Mitchell go, whenever that is. Meanwhile reports of their imminent demise seem a tad premature.

Personally I didn't watch the game. Nothing worse than watching Hawthorn win something, anything. Its always a bitter pill. I 'ates them bastards!

I wouldn't be writing Hawthorn off, just yet. I would say, though, that there has been a degree of luck in the longevity of their 2001 recruits. Ball and Judd have fallen by the wayside while Hodge and Mitchell were vying between them for the Norm Smith yesterday. Yes, they're old and will eventually go over the edge - I have been hoping for this since 2012. But for the moment, they remain elite. There are not too many others from that draft who do. Bartel, Kelly, Steve Johnson, Dal Santo, Ablett, Lake and possibly Swan. On a positive note, the ranks thin markedly for the 2000 and 1999 drafts and, so far as I can see, there are no players from the 1998 draft who will play next year. So, like the Terminator, they will eventually stop.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:19 pm

That was before I was born.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: