Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17,#11 Dayne Beams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I am bitterly disappointed in this situation but agree we have to play hard ball. As hard as we can but still help Beams get to where he wants to go.

I hope it is really for family reasons.

Also, some of the posts on here are downright horrible. Not just to Beams but against people inside Collingwood. Too quick to blame anybody (particularly Buckley) without knowing any facts at all about what happens inside the club.

I am sure on the home page of this forum it says "Home of the Magpie Faithful".

There are quite a few on this forum who certainly don't fit that saying at all.

I for one believe the club will do the best deal possible for all concerned.

I also believe our young guys coming through will only get better and better. Sure, we may not be up to a flag tilt next year,(nothing is impossible though) but I am sure I read or heard somewhere that we are aiming to peak alongside clubs with an age bracket similar to GWS and Gold Coast.

Side by Side and it's us against them.

I suggest we all (true supporters anyway) remember that.

Go Pies!!

Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:58 am

swoop42 wrote:
Damien wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Wow. Just wow.

We're officially a club in crisis now.

Swoop one guy wants to go home and we are in crisis? Get a grip man. And bring back that chick from good game as your avatar. She was doin it for me!

Throw in Shaw, Thomas and Lumumba and you're getting closer.

Outside of Franklin who has Hawthorn lost?

Geelong?

Sydney?

Happy players within a harmonious playing group don't leave powerful clubs like Collingwood.

Well until now.

4 Hawthorn players from their 2012 grand final side played elsewhere in 2014. Ellis, Savage,Young and Franklin, add Campbell Brown and you have 5 exits.
4 Geelong players from their 2011 premiership side palyed elsewhere in 2014. Podsiadly,Chapman,Hunt and West.You can arguably add Ablett and Mumford making it 6 exits
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:00 am

If we get pick 4 for him.. are we then obliged to use it for Darcy Moore (rather than pick Cool?

My suggestion is lose him to Bris for pick 4. Trade picks 4 and 8 to the Crows for Danger. Use 2nd round pick (highest we have) for Moore. Can this work?

----------
------------
Yarra Falls End 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:07 am

No father/son bidding done before any trades allowed.

Only thing we have learnt tonight is that Brisbane won't be bidding at pick 4.

If scum or dogs bid, we take Moore at 8 which is locked in. We can then obtain pick 4 via trade.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:08 am

^No the father son bidding process takes place before the trade period so we may not have pick 8 to deal with.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:12 am

Yarra Falls End wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Damien wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Wow. Just wow.

We're officially a club in crisis now.

Swoop one guy wants to go home and we are in crisis? Get a grip man. And bring back that chick from good game as your avatar. She was doin it for me!

Throw in Shaw, Thomas and Lumumba and you're getting closer.

Outside of Franklin who has Hawthorn lost?

Geelong?

Sydney?

Happy players within a harmonious playing group don't leave powerful clubs like Collingwood.

Well until now.

4 Hawthorn players from their 2012 grand final side played elsewhere in 2014. Ellis, Savage,Young and Franklin, add Campbell Brown and you have 5 exits.
4 Geelong players from their 2011 premiership side palyed elsewhere in 2014. Podsiadly,Chapman,Hunt and West.You can arguably add Ablett and Mumford making it 6 exits

Of course players leave. Mostly it's the fringe players though. All the guys we've lost (should we lose H and D) have been definite first teamers and still at their peak in terms of age.

From Geelong: none of Pods, Chap, Hunt or West count. Ablett and Mumford do.

From Hawthorn you can count Franklin, Young and maybe Brown though he had off field issues if I remember.

The landscape is changing due to free agency, but to lose 6 guys in three years is still unusual.

swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:20 am

Apparently the Gold Coast have selections 7 and 14 in this years draft.

I wonder if Beams and our second rounder (should it not be required for Moore) would be enough to secure both those picks.

What's better pick 4 for Beams or picks 7 and 14 for Beams/pick 25?

P.S-It should be remembered that pick 4 and so on will most likely become pick 5 etc due to the likely Frawley compensation.

A bugger as 4 players in Petracca, McCartin, Brayshaw and Wright are seen as the standouts and most likely top 4.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:31 am

swoop42 wrote:
Apparently the Gold Coast have selections 7 and 14 in this years draft.

I wonder if Beams and our second rounder (should it not be required for Moore) would be enough to secure both those picks.

What's better pick 4 for Beams or picks 7 and 14 for Beams/pick 25?

P.S-It should be remembered that pick 4 and so on will most likely become pick 5 etc due to the likely Frawley compensation.

A bugger as 4 players in Petracca, McCartin, Brayshaw and Wright are seen as the standouts and most likely top 4.

Talk that Melbourne won't be getting pick 3 for Frawley. There is leeway in the system to downgrade a pick if it's too far over the player's value.

Beams is definitely worth pick 7 and 14. Whether we think it's good enough will depend on how highly we rate the players that would likely be available.

I'd prefer an early pick and a player. I think the suggestion of pick 4 and Mayes from Brisbane is a reasonable one. But if Beams doesn't favour either Brisbane or the Suns there are plenty of potential options.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:34 am

Not much sympathy here for his poor ill dad, what if he has a very serious illness you bunch of "perceptive fellow" twats. ?? How the hell would you feel If It was your dad, show some compassion you pricks. I hope he stays, but family and blood come first, we can bleed Brisbane dry for him anyway.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:57 am

If anything his father seems to be on the improve.

Besides if it was just about family I'm sure he'd go and play for Brisbane for a pittance and not the rumoured 5 year $4,000,000 deal on offer.

LOL.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:55 am

Ok folks time for a reality check.

Firstly I am stunned by the absolute panning some posters are giving Dayne. This is no con job to drive his price up or take a very lucrative offer from another club. This is a young man who lives away from a father who he is extremely close to and finding out that his fathers health is now in a dire place. I challenge anyone on here to not do something similar if they had the chance to be close to a parent who is facing the same situation.
I am disgusted by some of these comments and those who have posted them should really take a deep breathe and realize some things in life are bigger than football.
Let me put the facts together for you all which I have garnered by speaking to some mutual friends last night.
His dad has been sick for some time (all his mates have known that) but no one not even Dayne knew the extent of his illness until very recently.
His father had choosen to keep the gravity of his illness from his kids (and mates)
Recently the diagnosis became a lot worse than he first expected and thus the circumstances changed drastically.
Dayne's mother actually flew to Melbourne to deliver Dayne the news in person and to be there for him.
Now I haven't been able to speak to his dad by phone ( I am planning on going to the gold coast this weekend to see him in person now I have found out more)

Dayne found out the gravity of the situation last week and firstly rang Eddie to tell him. I am told Eddie told him to take some time and get his head together and get back to the club when he has been through everything that has happened. Apparently Dayne rang Eddie within an hour of finding out the news.
Dayne has fulfilled his obligations to the club in attending the Brownlow and has been working with his mother, brother and sister on what they feel is in the best interests of there father and his family (remembering his father has been divorced from his mother for nearly 20yrs)
Dayne is extremely close to his father and it was his father who was a fair country player himself that developed Dayne's love of the game and the basic skills.
Now I've been informed Dayne has been absolutely gutted by the turn of events and is torn between being there for his father and having to make a decision to leave a club who has been great to him since his career began.
Dayne and his family have been weighing up all there options after getting a full understanding of the situation his father is facing and he has been trying to make a decision.
A couple days ago Dayne met Eddie, Pert and Bucks privately (withoutnhis management just with his mother) to update them on the situation.
Eddie has been fantastic to Dayne and his family since Dayne arrived and again has with this new situation. Now this is a kid torn between the love of his father and the love of his club.
I am told his father isn't willing to relocate to Melbourne to continue his treatment as he wants to be close to his mates (plus he would be leaving Claye so it would be trading one son for another) so it has limited the options available to Dayne.
At 10pm last night I spoke to a mutual mate of ours who happens to be the father of one of Dayne's best mates and he said Dayne had been in contact with them and said the club is working on ways to make it easy for him to be able get home weekly or more often if required as a possible solution to Dayne's dilemma.
My understanding is Eddie again has been fantastic and basically told Dayne his father is the most important factor is this and the club would do everything in its capabilities to assist Dayne through this.
Now Dayne and the club are working together to see if they can find a way of Dayne staying in Melbourne and being a magpie but also him being able to spend time with his father who currently isn't sure of how much time he has left.
Tough choices need to be made from both sides of the fence. I can understand the club wanting to be fairly compensated for a elite player that's the business they are in and rightly so. I can also very much understand Dayne's side as well knowing him and his family for nearly 20yrs it's a absolute shocking situation for them to be in.
Everyone can debate what is a fair compensation for Dayne IF he leaves (and this is far from decided yet give Eddie a chance to work his magic here folks. If there is one thing our president can do is work magic) before we start making outlandish statements about a player who has given a lot to the club in his time here.
If anyone out there is stupid enough to believe this is a decision about $$ then they are so far removed from the facts it's unbelievable. If this was a financial decision Dayne could have lined his pockets at the end of 2012 and taken a lot more $$ gone to the Suns then but he decided to stay with the club on less (and I'm told it was a lot less as well over $100-$150k a season) so its not the money guys. He knows full well if he stayed at collingwood he would be rewarded financially as well.
Going forward lets all take a deep breathe and let Dayne and the club try to sort through this situation.
Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:20 am

People need to chill with the "he beat cancer" line.

If he had cancer this year, then he has cancer. Regardless of the latest scan.

If true, then of course his son wants to go home.

Prudent to wait for all the facts.

Big T 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:22 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Ok folks time for a reality check.

Firstly I am stunned by the absolute panning some posters are giving Dayne. This is no con job to drive his price up or take a very lucrative offer from another club. This is a young man who lives away from a father who he is extremely close to and finding out that his fathers health is now in a dire place. I challenge anyone on here to not do something similar if they had the chance to be close to a parent who is facing the same situation.
I am disgusted by some of these comments and those who have posted them should really take a deep breathe and realize some things in life are bigger than football.
Let me put the facts together for you all which I have garnered by speaking to some mutual friends last night.
His dad has been sick for some time (all his mates have known that) but no one not even Dayne knew the extent of his illness until very recently.
His father had choosen to keep the gravity of his illness from his kids (and mates)
Recently the diagnosis became a lot worse than he first expected and thus the circumstances changed drastically.
Dayne's mother actually flew to Melbourne to deliver Dayne the news in person and to be there for him.
Now I haven't been able to speak to his dad by phone ( I am planning on going to the gold coast this weekend to see him in person now I have found out more)

Dayne found out the gravity of the situation last week and firstly rang Eddie to tell him. I am told Eddie told him to take some time and get his head together and get back to the club when he has been through everything that has happened. Apparently Dayne rang Eddie within an hour of finding out the news.
Dayne has fulfilled his obligations to the club in attending the Brownlow and has been working with his mother, brother and sister on what they feel is in the best interests of there father and his family (remembering his father has been divorced from his mother for nearly 20yrs)
Dayne is extremely close to his father and it was his father who was a fair country player himself that developed Dayne's love of the game and the basic skills.
Now I've been informed Dayne has been absolutely gutted by the turn of events and is torn between being there for his father and having to make a decision to leave a club who has been great to him since his career began.
Dayne and his family have been weighing up all there options after getting a full understanding of the situation his father is facing and he has been trying to make a decision.
A couple days ago Dayne met Eddie, Pert and Bucks privately (withoutnhis management just with his mother) to update them on the situation.
Eddie has been fantastic to Dayne and his family since Dayne arrived and again has with this new situation. Now this is a kid torn between the love of his father and the love of his club.
I am told his father isn't willing to relocate to Melbourne to continue his treatment as he wants to be close to his mates (plus he would be leaving Claye so it would be trading one son for another) so it has limited the options available to Dayne.
At 10pm last night I spoke to a mutual mate of ours who happens to be the father of one of Dayne's best mates and he said Dayne had been in contact with them and said the club is working on ways to make it easy for him to be able get home weekly or more often if required as a possible solution to Dayne's dilemma.
My understanding is Eddie again has been fantastic and basically told Dayne his father is the most important factor is this and the club would do everything in its capabilities to assist Dayne through this.
Now Dayne and the club are working together to see if they can find a way of Dayne staying in Melbourne and being a magpie but also him being able to spend time with his father who currently isn't sure of how much time he has left.
Tough choices need to be made from both sides of the fence. I can understand the club wanting to be fairly compensated for a elite player that's the business they are in and rightly so. I can also very much understand Dayne's side as well knowing him and his family for nearly 20yrs it's a absolute shocking situation for them to be in.
Everyone can debate what is a fair compensation for Dayne IF he leaves (and this is far from decided yet give Eddie a chance to work his magic here folks. If there is one thing our president can do is work magic) before we start making outlandish statements about a player who has given a lot to the club in his time here.
If anyone out there is stupid enough to believe this is a decision about $$ then they are so far removed from the facts it's unbelievable. If this was a financial decision Dayne could have lined his pockets at the end of 2012 and taken a lot more $$ gone to the Suns then but he decided to stay with the club on less (and I'm told it was a lot less as well over $100-$150k a season) so its not the money guys. He knows full well if he stayed at collingwood he would be rewarded financially as well.
Going forward lets all take a deep breathe and let Dayne and the club try to sort through this situation.

+1 Top class reply. I don't think anyone else needs to question Dayne's motives now. My wife has terminal cancer. It is never ending pain for everyone. Dayne should move home.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:25 am

Beautifully put Mr Qldmagpies67.

Having lost both my father ( april2013) and my mother (july2014) to cancer, I have nothing but the utmost sympathy for Dayne Beams and his family. There are few things worse in life than knowing your parents are slipping away.

Whilst it is a professional sport, I believe in compassion for fellow human beings and Dayne should be given as much time out to spend with his family as is allowed.

I have no doubt that Collingwood will do everything, bar a trade,to accommodate Dayne in his time of sadness.

My blessings and prayers to the Beams family.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:38 am

^ great in depth posts, hope some of our earlier posters read through these twice, cherish our parents while we still have them life is too short, and footy is only a small part of that (even if we love it). Whatever Dayne decides to do he will always remain one of my favourite players!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 186, 187, 188  Next
Page 16 of 188   

Jump to: