Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jake Nails it - It will be a long time in the wilderness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you want to get rid of the coach because of an historical problem with the fitness regime, in circumstances where the coach identified and dealt with the problem by sacking the old fitness staff and bringing in new ones. Excellent, I'm fully on board with that.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:09 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
So, you want to get rid of the coach because of an historical problem with the fitness regime, in circumstances where the coach identified and dealt with the problem by sacking the old fitness staff and bringing in new ones. Excellent, I'm fully on board with that.

No I believe he wants to get rid of the coach because over his 3 years at the helm he has shown... nothing zero zip zilch nada.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:37 pm

You can believe whatever you wish. I was just reading his paragraph commencing "To sum up ..." on the basis that it meant what it said.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:13 am

Bucksbuild wrote:
Between the negative posters who are more virulent than any opposition trolls I've ever seen and the ludicrous musical chairs of moved threads I can see why numbers here are dwindling

As a new poster it doesn't really seem a nice place to come and talk about the club you love, there just always seems to be someone ready to shit on the coach players president boot studder

The mods seem more interested in keeping every thread in it's perfect little place than defending the spirit of healthy exchange

A spirit of restriction and negativity seems to prevail here, even actively fostered

I'm sure some of you will be moved to tell me to FO if you don't like it.. and frankly I'm going to take you up on that and join the exodus

Actually, it's a bulletin board where opinions fly both ways. As long as you let the ad hominem stuff pass by outside off stump, and accept that even the most negative poster probably cares about the club, it's no worse than the community outside, except the community outside is filled with people who are negative and barrack for shite teams. Chillax and stay. I like your avatar.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:44 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
You can believe whatever you wish. I was just reading his paragraph commencing "To sum up ..." on the basis that it meant what it said.

It ain't rocket science! If Buckley is prepared to look at the last 3 years and say "I bear some of the responsibility" and "I will look to do things differently going forward, starting with cutting the number of lies the club & I tell publicly" then I would be happy to get behind him. Dumping the fitness staff and replacing them would be a start but not without recognising that the fitness staff were very much under his direction. Besides, here we are a couple of days later and he's already took another WHOPPER! "Things between H & Collingwood are perfectly fine BUT he should probably leave! That is a FLAT-OUT, BALD-FACED, PORKY!
Gee, won't that be good for morale! No, I don't see any chance for Buckley, as Wolfie said, he's had 3 years and showed nothing, and injuries can't be blamed for his complete lack of leadership. If anything it's an opportunity to show real leadership, keeping the boys from dropping their heads, and showing some innovation by switching things around and bringing in world-class experts to change things up. Regardless of the results there was real opportunity for a good coach to show his wares, and he showed NOTHING.

Why the HELL would we want to give him another season to waste? The only reason I've heard is because people HOPE that he might somehow turn things around, and it's fine to hope, but only if there's a reason! Did he show great resolve at the end? Did he make clever positional changes? Did he do ANYTHING to make us believe he is improving? Anything at ALL?

You all know the answer, stop bringing up peripheral issues and attacking me personally (regardless of the enjoyment I get from it), if you want to keep him, give us a reason! Tell us what you saw that makes you so hopeful?!

Come on! Lets hear it!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:51 pm

Do you actually barrack for Collingwood?
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:39 am

Hey! That’s clever Rude! Question my commitment!
Mate Do YOU barrack for Collingwood? If so why are you prepared to watch the greatest sporting club in this nation given over to the ambition and hubris of one man? Remember all that stuff at Copeland 2013 about no one being bigger than the club? Which club? Buckingwood?

What REASON can you give for continuing the way we've been going? What flashes of coaching brilliance have you spotted that the rest of us missed?
Like so many here you're prepared to HOPE, Stop hiding behind the injury story. Buckley has had endless opportunities to show leadership and failed at every single turn. The best he can claim is some glib responses to dumb media questions. Is that good enough for you?
You know DAMN well who I barrack for, I've defended players and coaches non-stop for 8 years right here while everyone else was bashing. NOW I see a problem and am prepared to bear the slings & arrows of the wilfully blind to try to make them see. No other Collingwood coach in the modern era has had a fourth year to turn things around, except Tony Shaw. How did that work out?

So answer the question, why? Why keep him? You're damn right I barrack for Collingwood, I would put my love of the club up against that of anyone here, so now it's your turn. If you're happy to risk another spoon that's fine. I'm NOT.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:02 am

Pies4shaw wrote:

Any time you'd like to respond to the substance of my criticism of this particular aspect of your obvious hatred for Buckley, you should feel free to have a go.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:10 pm

35forever wrote:
Mate Do YOU barrack for Collingwood? If so why are you prepared to watch the greatest sporting club in this nation given over to the ambition and hubris of one man? Remember all that stuff at Copeland 2013 about no one being bigger than the club? Which club? Buckingwood?

What REASON can you give for continuing the way we've been going? What flashes of coaching brilliance have you spotted that the rest of us missed?
Like so many here you're prepared to HOPE, Stop hiding behind the injury story. Buckley has had endless opportunities to show leadership and failed at every single turn. The best he can claim is some glib responses to dumb media questions. Is that good enough for you?
You know DAMN well who I barrack for, I've defended players and coaches non-stop for 8 years right here while everyone else was bashing. NOW I see a problem and am prepared to bear the slings & arrows of the wilfully blind to try to make them see. No other Collingwood coach in the modern era has had a fourth year to turn things around, except Tony Shaw. How did that work out?

So answer the question, why? Why keep him? You're damn right I barrack for Collingwood, I would put my love of the club up against that of anyone here, so now it's your turn. If you're happy to risk another spoon that's fine. I'm NOT.

ITS cos you turn every thread, every post, into an anti Bucks rant, and give scant attention to the massive injuries hes had to endure, for last two years, and a bunch of kids still learning the caper. No, it aint rocket science, its called blooding youth, and a rebuild, after disposing of guys well past it, like dids and jolly, and loose cannons like Heater, dollar daisy gone for big bucks, maxy and ball done and dusted, bodies gone, its called rebuilding the team,a nd it takes TIME, like it did for the Cats and the Hawks. Look at the saints now, our 2010 GF opponent, a wooden spoon, sacking coaches again, and they are rooted. OH, but YOU give em a free pass and out, I bet. Look, give Bucks an injury free list, our kids coming on next season, THEN I will judge him, if we have this and we still don't improve, then yes, its time to perhaps look at Sanderson as his replacement, as next year is Bucks final contract season. But, I guess for someone like you, with gross impatience, that just cant happen eh, so we await your next Bucks rant, with unbated breath and no expectations.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Confused Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
35forever wrote:

ITS cos you turn every thread, every post, into an anti Bucks rant, and give scant attention to the massive injuries hes had to endure, for last two years, and a bunch of kids still learning the caper. No, it aint rocket science, its called blooding youth, and a rebuild, after disposing of guys well past it, like dids and jolly, and loose cannons like Heater, dollar daisy gone for big bucks, maxy and ball done and dusted, bodies gone, its called rebuilding the team,a nd it takes TIME, like it did for the Cats and the Hawks. Look at the saints now, our 2010 GF opponent, a wooden spoon, sacking coaches again, and they are rooted. OH, but YOU give em a free pass and out, I bet. Look, give Bucks an injury free list, our kids coming on next season, THEN I will judge him, if we have this and we still don't improve, then yes, its time to perhaps look at Sanderson as his replacement, as next year is Bucks final contract season. But, I guess for someone like you, with gross impatience, that just cant happen eh, so we await your next Bucks rant, with unbated breath and no expectations.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Confused Confused

Please no.

Museman 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:44 pm

Who farken cares where Stkilda finishes, if that's the lofty heights we aspire too then hell lets just rack the cue for 20 years we're still miles out in front.

We can relax and enjoy, no finals, no flag, no game plan....

But hey we're better than Stblunder. Cool
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Looking at the two prelim finals it is obvious
that our game plan is crap. We lack run, carry,
spread, speed, strength and kicking power.
It comes thru loud and clear in our slow, zoning type plan
It is why a number of us think Buckley doesn't
have a clue.
One other thing - Buckley stated early this year
in answer to a question as to why he thought he was a good coach.
He stated that he had the game plan and game day strategy
to beat any afl club.
Reality check 101- Hawthorn!
Buckley would make a good politician.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:41 pm

35forever wrote:

Mate, I've got no problem with you or anyone else on Nicks questioning the coaching or the direction of our club. Healthy criticism, particularly if it's constructive, is a good thing. After all, having finished 11th after sitting 4th after round 12, serious questions need to be asked. There is nothing more unhealthy than 'group think', where everyone automatically endorses what our leaders do and say.

My only query on your posting, is that it's always negative. You seem to relish finding fault and predicting doom and gloom. Seriously, I really wonder if you get any enjoyment out of the game at all. And for what it's worth, I was not being sarcastic in asking if you genuinely barracked for the Pies, because the tone of your posts suggest you genuinely dislike our club. Lately I've begun to wonder if you're really a Carlton supporter.

If I've misunderstood your intentions, then I apologise, but perhaps you need to try to be a bit more constructive in your comments.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:02 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
35forever wrote:

Mate, I've got no problem with you or anyone else on Nicks questioning the coaching or the direction of our club. Healthy criticism, particularly if it's constructive, is a good thing. After all, having finished 11th after sitting 4th after round 12, serious questions need to be asked. There is nothing more unhealthy than 'group think', where everyone automatically endorses what our leaders do and say.

My only query on your posting, is that it's always negative. You seem to relish finding fault and predicting doom and gloom. Seriously, I really wonder if you get any enjoyment out of the game at all. And for what it's worth, I was not being sarcastic in asking if you genuinely barracked for the Pies, because the tone of your posts suggest you genuinely dislike our club. Lately I've begun to wonder if you're really a Carlton supporter.

If I've misunderstood your intentions, then I apologise, but perhaps you need to try to be a bit more constructive in your comments.

I agree RudeBoy.

35forever is pretty full on with his criticisms, and his essay length ramblings are pretty hard to take... even for some of us who are on the '"perceptive fellow" train' all the way - but we shouldn't doubt his loyalty to the club, we're all Collingwood people here. I think it may be as hard for some of the others who mistake our loyalty for the club, in comparison to our criticism of its hierarchy and their blind faith towards our former 'club champion'.

Personally I almost died when they extended Buckley's last tenure, and that was 2 years ago... imagine what I think now... if they did it again without a vast improvement, I would seriously question their intentions and intelligence.

So even though 35forever is very frustrating, imagine how frustrated he must feel towards the club both he, and you love. Whatever happens next year, let us hope its definitive enough one way or the other that real action can be taken and we all get on board together once again towards our next tilt at a flag.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:47 pm

I assume the club know what they are doing, if they have faith in Buckley then we have to sit back and watch what happens. People can call for Buckley's sacking until they are blue in the face, but at the end of the day Buckley is the coach and I am sure if finals are not reached next season he won't be anymore.

Buckley has made mistakes, but I guess in a way a lot of the decisions that were made were really forced upon him in the end. I think the main mistake was not grabbing some added experience to help the younger players we have, but I also can see where it can be hard.

Next season is do or die no doubt, I reckon after figuring out some problems things will be better fitness wise, recruitment wise I think we just need a couple of more experienced bodies out there and should be back playing finals.

It's not all doom and gloom we have a decent young list, just now gotta develop it more.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: