Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Comms who support clubs annoyance!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't really like any commentators (Denis aside). However, if you find them so offeensive why not mute the sound? .....or turn on the radio? and really they are just caling the match...if we play so badly...they just call it as they see it.

out of interest what is your solution?

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:19 pm

not seeking a solution, it's just a trend that has evolved over time and I guess the game is a tad worse for it. If I was paid $200,000 a year by Fox Footy and wanted to be the best of the best, revered and respected for my body of work, my own football team allegiance would be a closely guarded secret!!!
innocent_criminal 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Mostly dont care to be honest... it matters more when we are losing and less when we are winning....

However, Dunstall's constant negativity grinds on the nerves & Bruce's diatribe is getting so old now.

One thing that irks me is Denis' west aussie insecurity that usually results in a 'kicks it over to the boy from East Fremantle' - would be pretty boring if the parochial origins commentary were added to every footballer.

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:00 pm

Big T wrote:
I agree. I never knew who the greats - Peter Landy, sandy Roberts, Harry Beitzel, etc barracked for. They were well balanced, excitable, great.

The same went for Clinton Grybas (RIP) I never knew who he barracked for when he commentated.
I loved his commentary, after he passed away someone told me he actually barracked for COLL.

No idea if that's true or not though...

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
MOTR 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:52 am

Gerard Healy pisses me off no end. Always trying to justify a dodgy free against the pies, or complain against one given the other way. I find Denis' clever sayings more trite than amusing. Although his librarian call makes up for some of the overly contrived dross we've had to put up with over the years. Bruce has become just an annoying parody of himself.

On the plus side I quite enjoy the genuine enthusiasm that Huddo and Eddie bring to a call.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Damien wrote:
When you think about it good old Louie was the best. A pies legend who bleeds black n white, yet never barracked and called so many heart breaking grand finals where he would have been absolutely churning in his guts (1980 springs to mind, as he watched KB run rings around Stan Magro) yet was always a pro.

Onya Lou. His sidekick Peter Landy was a Hawks man by the way but they were a great combo for so long. Get out the tapes youngsters and be in awe.

I agree 100%. You can add both Jack Dyer and Bobby Davis to that list of true professionals as well. They bled for their clubs (were legends for them), but on game day they were just about the footy.

I think the style of commentary these days is more problematic than bias. The callers these days just seem to waffle and talk over the play inanely. That might have been helped by the fact the type of footy played, positional and one on one contests all over the ground, made the game so much more interesting as a spectacle than most of the ruck and maul games played today. The Swans are the absolute worst at this style.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:53 pm

Bruce is more camp than the scouting movement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: