Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Alex Fasolo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

so he is still on the list and we are waiting to trade week to move him on
Bucksbuild 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Should be developed as a defender, far more damaging in that role and the only time he's ever gotten near 30 disposals

Any mug can average 10 possessions and 1 goal from the forward pocket, he's a waste there

JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Rexy17 wrote:
so he is still on the list and we are waiting to trade week to move him on

Go and eat a "Mars" bar, arsehole!

JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:41 pm

In the words of Dwayne Russell, he is Quality St.
Rexy17 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:07 am

Dwayne Russell and JC Hartley enough said
JC Hartley Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:52 am

Rexy17 wrote:
Dwayne Russell and JC Hartley enough said

I still deem Fas to be an important play-maker for us. That's his role, besides being my main man. However, I'd like to discover his non-preferred foot more often. That's the key value I have and had when I played.

1eye 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:29 am

Maybe I know nothing about footy,but a guy with a booming kick and can mark and good goal sense, needs to be a) played in the back line and b) traded- rightie o then- laughable really.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:09 pm

1eye wrote:
Maybe I know nothing about footy,but a guy with a booming kick and can mark and good goal sense, needs to be a) played in the back line and b) traded- rightie o then- laughable really.

I think some people are getting all worked up over nothing. Bucks has said publicly that he sees Fasolo's future as a forward, but he has been played in defense to develop that side of his game. The modern game requires all players to be accountable for their opponents. Also, this season our defensive stocks were obliterated by injuries so his skill was needed there.

Hopefully he gets a full uninterrupted pre-season under his belt and hits the ground running round one next year. He's a very talented player, but has not had much luck with injuries in his short career so far. He could well be our big improver next year.
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:30 pm
Post subject: Welcome to Collingwood / Farewell, #35,#1 Alex FasoloReply with quote

Could he be possible trade bait this year? , I am not sure where he sits in our plans moving forward. I know his value would not be massive but maybe he needs a fresh start. I just have a feeling he may be on the move. Thoughts?
blakis 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:39 pm

We are not losing the Faz he was one of our better players this year. He just needs his role to be more clearly defined as a crumbing forward.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:53 pm

I thought he improved the defensive side of his game this season and in the second half of the year was probably our most effectual forward.

Like Elliott he's need to improve again to ever reach the levels of a Breust or Wingard and one hopes at least one can next season.

We need to unearth one or two forwards outside of Cloke capable of kicking 50 goals in a season.

We need to keep him as our forward line is a weak point as it is.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:55 pm

blakis wrote:
We are not losing the Faz he was one of our better players this year. He just needs his role to be more clearly defined as a crumbing forward.

Agree. After his slap on the wrist in the middle of the season, he came back and played reasonable footy in starvation corner. He responded well to that kick in the ass, so he still has points in the bank for mine.
Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:57 pm

He was on my trade-list last year, but to his credit, he did improve his performance in 2015. Still goes missing against quality opposition in my opinion. Reading between the lines, the Club has no intention of trading him. After Elliott, he has been the face of Collingwood this year.
derkd 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:59 pm

blakis wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I think he has played some solid games this year. Problems is he fits into the "not quite anything" player mold. As a forward he is almost a third tall....but not quite. If he is a small well he battles with Elliot for that spot. He does not get the disposals avg only 14 per game for 2015 for the middle of the ground.

A very good depth player, but i get the feeling he is to talented to play as simply a depth player. Does he play on a wing? try him down back?

themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:02 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I thought he improved the defensive side of his game this season and in the second half of the year was probably our most effectual forward.

Like Elliott he's need to improve again to ever reach the levels of a Breust or Wingard and one hopes at least one can next season.

We need to unearth one or two forwards outside of Cloke capable of kicking 50 goals in a season.

We need to keep him as our forward line is a weak point as it is.

Spot on, if Fasolo kicked straight we may have played finals or at least beaten Hawthorn.

I know that may be a harsh call especially when comparing to Cloke, but Fasolo's accuracy is his strength.

We can only hope that Faz & Billy will one day support Cloke, Reid & Moore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 9 of 20   

Jump to: