Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Getting rid of our first pick

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meddler80 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:05 pm
Post subject: Getting rid of our first pickReply with quote

If we traded our first round pick, and another team said they would offer their first rounder for Moore, would we be able to secure him with our second round pick under father son?

Assuming yes, what are peoples thought on the value/trade potential of our first round pick?

I'm liking the idea of packaging HL and that pick for a GOOD key forward and possibly other players/pick swaps (another second round pick or a decent older ruck). Sick of being smashed in the ruck, wits will never make it and Grundy is a few years off.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not possible. Bidding for F/S selections takes place before the trade period. Instead, we have to hope that no club bids for Moore before our first pick.
Meddler80 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:17 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Not possible. Bidding for F/S selections takes place before the trade period. Instead, we have to hope that no club bids for Moore before our first pick.

Ahh...my bad! Thanks for that
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Quote:
Friday October 3, by 2pm - NAB AFL father/son bidding nominations; Academy bidding nominations lodged with AFL

Monday October 6, 10am - Father/son and Academy players bidding meeting; NAB AFL Trade Period begins

Jamie is only 19 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:22 pm

My understanding is that we could trade/swap pick 8 for say picks 17 and 18 or something like that and then be able to pick up Moore with pick 17 and then someone else with 18 in the event another team nominates Moore in the first rnd.

This way we in effect gain pick 18 for nothing .

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Jamie is only 19 wrote:
My understanding is that we could trade/swap pick 8 for say picks 17 and 18 or something like that and then be able to pick up Moore with pick 17 and then someone else with 18 in the event another team nominates Moore in the first rnd.

Wrong - Guys, father son bidding is complete before trade week starts.
We nominate Moore as a father/son selection if we wish.
The other clubs then get to bid on him.
If a team that finished lower than us bid their first pick, then we have to use our first pick to win his signature. If the only team that makes a first round bid is a team that finished higher than us on the ladder, then we only have to use a second round pick.

So in effect the only teams that can force us to use a first round pick are, St Kilda, Melbourne, GWS, Brisbane, Bulldogs, Carlton & Gold Coast. If any of these teams nominate Moore as a first round pick then we have to use our first pick (Cool to trump them. If they don't nominate him as first round then we can use a lower pick. I don't like our chances of getting him cheap though.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:15 pm

woftam wrote:
Jamie is only 19 wrote:

If a team that finished lower than us bid their first pick, then we have to use our first pick to win his signature. If the only team that makes a first round bid is a team that finished higher than us on the ladder, then we only have to use a second round pick.

So in effect the only teams that can force us to use a first round pick are, St Kilda, Melbourne, GWS, Brisbane, Bulldogs, Carlton & Gold Coast. If any of these teams nominate Moore as a first round pick then we have to use our first pick (Cool to trump them. If they don't nominate him as first round then we can use a lower pick. I don't like our chances of getting him cheap though.

If they bid on him, I assume they are then committed to picking him with their first pick?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:16 pm

woftam wrote:

There's your problem.

In fact all those teams need a tall like Moore.

We'll be using pick 8 on him for sure.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:17 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
woftam wrote:
Jamie is only 19 wrote:

If they bid on him, I assume they are then committed to picking him with their first pick?

Yes they are committed to pick him if they bid. They cannot back out of it if we decide not to trump them.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:19 pm

woftam wrote:
woftam wrote:
Jamie is only 19 wrote:

Yes they are committed to pick him if they bid. They cannot back out of it if we decide not to trump them.

Then for mine it all comes down to Mick; can't see any other club risking it.

How bitter is the old bastard? October 4th will reveal all......

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:40 pm

woftam wrote:
woftam wrote:
Jamie is only 19 wrote:

Then for mine it all comes down to Mick; can't see any other club risking it.

How bitter is the old bastard? October 4th will reveal all......

The lions st Kilda Carlton dogs and Melbourne all need tall forwards. GWS and the suns are fine with what they have. It's all defendant on whether any other are prepared to offer picks before our pick 8 for him. They all get to nominate before us so we will know the result before we bid.
With his hip injuries it's unlikely he will go prior to that.
I think st Kilda will try to make a deal with pick 1 with GWS for either Cameron or Boyd in coming seasons. The others will be looking closely at other options as they will want to try to get 2 options for KKP providing one doesn't make it.
We may be very lucky and be able to get him with our second round under those circumstances.
If we don't have to use our first round pick I would like to see us chase a 6ft 2" on baller in the Bontenpelli mold personally. Someone who has that new size factor every club seems to be getting other than us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: