Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#47,#11 Jarryd Blair

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
Bucks clearly loves Blair. I got up and asked Bucks about our forward line deficiencies and questioned his assessment that we have weapons. I basically told him that I "disagree with you" outside of Cloke and Elliott. I told him that we seem to have a makeshift forward line, even when at full strength. He talked up Blair, and I responded with "the problem is he's our lead-up forward and he's 5 foot 6." Bucks responded to this that it evidenced his 'workrate'. So, what I got out of that was that Bucks believes Blair is imperative to our 'structure'. Straight from the horse's mouth. I told Bucks that Broomhead's front and centre goal vs GWS was the only time a Collingwood player has crumbed front and centre in 5 years, further proving that our forwwardline is bereft of actual natural forwards, and that Broomhead looks a likely type. I asked Hine at the end about Broomhead, and he said he will be a FORWARD. Also said that Broomhead had signed for 2 years. He said the reason Karnezis didn't play was due to fitness. May have got up for the last game, but not worth it. They've been managing him towards 2015. Also, Kennedy is unfit and can’t run out a game, hence why he doesn't play seniors regularly.

We know Bucks loves Blair.
Played every game.
Still, the scoreboard said it all.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:14 pm

roar wrote:
Yeah, I read somewhere that Buckley's planned forward line was Cloke, Reid, White, Goldsack, Blair and Elliott. If that's true then I am pretty worried about Bucks' approach of playing 2 defensive forwards in Blair and Goldy. I also think he over-estimated White's value.

I agree with that. I'm also concerned that, of those 6, only 2 consistently kick straight over distance (Reid and Elliott). I hoped he was talking about what he'd wanted for 2014, given the present state of development of the playing list, rather than what he wants next year and the year after.
magirl Aries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:38 pm

thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Seriously, we all know that Blair has significant limitations. We also know that the principal aim of the recruiting over the last two years has been to bring high-quality draft talent into the Club. In another thread yesterday, I identified 10 kids who've been recruited in that time. A number of them we haven't even seen on the park, yet. The problem is that the talented kids have to reach the point where the standard of their game compels their inclusion ahead of Blair. So far, I think we've all identified the problem (ie, Blair won't be in the next premiership team) but the solution has not yet announced himself.

Thus, earlier in the season, there were repeated calls for Kyle Martin to be given Blair's spot. Most of those calls subsided after Kyle played a little in the seniors. Perhaps he wasn't given enough of a chance but it appears from this distance that the Club doesn't think he has what it takes, either. WY

Over time, as the team improves generally, this will take care of itself. If the team doesn't improve enough, we have a much wider problem. Blair is a courageous, hard-working, desperate little fellow who bleeds black and white. Ultimately, that isn't enough - but I am constantly saddened to see him being blamed for the fact that the Club has no-one ready, yet, to take his place.

The club obviously thinks martin is a dud.
The trouble is blair is a dud
So try someone else.

So you keep saying but to date your yet to offer 1 realistic alternate option.

Well finally a reasonable question.
Kennedy on Friday night would have been good
And before that mooney could of have had a crack.
Kenezis in the last couple of weeks may have been worth it

Kennedy - apparently being managed this season follow surgery to both his legs in the off season.
Mooney - has struggled all season at VFL level.
Karnezis - no preseason following OP and had progress stalled by hamstring injuries.

So in a team struggling without the availability of senior players through injury, already asking too much of 10-12 U50 game players each week, you want to replace 1 of the few remaining senior players in the team who contributes every week with players lacking either form or fitness.

Hopefully all 3 of those players come on in 2015, I have no doubt Kennedy will, Karnezis may, Mooney could if he survives on the list. They just aren't realistic alternatives.

You just don't get it.
JT ran around in the vfl for half the year
He could play blairs role.
Blair was picked for every game every week.
But to me and numerous other supporters he is a
complete dud.
In the stands he is bagged by numerous collingwood
supporters not just the "perceptive fellow" on nicks.
I go to the vfl most weeks (see my vfl match day reports)
and I see collingwood vfl players such as ferguson (170cm)
do things that blair cannot do.
I am depressed seeing our club picking
blair in our top 22 every week.
I am not going to argue about his role, it is a waste of time

What a charming encouraging set of supporters you and those surrounding you in the stand must be.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:44 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Bucks clearly loves Blair. I got up and asked Bucks about our forward line deficiencies and questioned his assessment that we have weapons. I basically told him that I "disagree with you" outside of Cloke and Elliott. I told him that we seem to have a makeshift forward line, even when at full strength. He talked up Blair, and I responded with "the problem is he's our lead-up forward and he's 5 foot 6." Bucks responded to this that it evidenced his 'workrate'. So, what I got out of that was that Bucks believes Blair is imperative to our 'structure'. Straight from the horse's mouth. I told Bucks that Broomhead's front and centre goal vs GWS was the only time a Collingwood player has crumbed front and centre in 5 years, further proving that our forwwardline is bereft of actual natural forwards, and that Broomhead looks a likely type. I asked Hine at the end about Broomhead, and he said he will be a FORWARD. Also said that Broomhead had signed for 2 years. He said the reason Karnezis didn't play was due to fitness. May have got up for the last game, but not worth it. They've been managing him towards 2015. Also, Kennedy is unfit and can’t run out a game, hence why he doesn't play seniors regularly.

Yet they played Fasolo who looked like the most unfit player running around in the AFL in Rnd 23.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:07 pm

magirl wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Seriously, we all know that Blair has significant limitations. We also know that the principal aim of the recruiting over the last two years has been to bring high-quality draft talent into the Club. In another thread yesterday, I identified 10 kids who've been recruited in that time. A number of them we haven't even seen on the park, yet. The problem is that the talented kids have to reach the point where the standard of their game compels their inclusion ahead of Blair. So far, I think we've all identified the problem (ie, Blair won't be in the next premiership team) but the solution has not yet announced himself.

Thus, earlier in the season, there were repeated calls for Kyle Martin to be given Blair's spot. Most of those calls subsided after Kyle played a little in the seniors. Perhaps he wasn't given enough of a chance but it appears from this distance that the Club doesn't think he has what it takes, either. WY

Over time, as the team improves generally, this will take care of itself. If the team doesn't improve enough, we have a much wider problem. Blair is a courageous, hard-working, desperate little fellow who bleeds black and white. Ultimately, that isn't enough - but I am constantly saddened to see him being blamed for the fact that the Club has no-one ready, yet, to take his place.

The club obviously thinks martin is a dud.
The trouble is blair is a dud
So try someone else.

So you keep saying but to date your yet to offer 1 realistic alternate option.

Well finally a reasonable question.
Kennedy on Friday night would have been good
And before that mooney could of have had a crack.
Kenezis in the last couple of weeks may have been worth it

Kennedy - apparently being managed this season follow surgery to both his legs in the off season.
Mooney - has struggled all season at VFL level.
Karnezis - no preseason following OP and had progress stalled by hamstring injuries.

So in a team struggling without the availability of senior players through injury, already asking too much of 10-12 U50 game players each week, you want to replace 1 of the few remaining senior players in the team who contributes every week with players lacking either form or fitness.

Hopefully all 3 of those players come on in 2015, I have no doubt Kennedy will, Karnezis may, Mooney could if he survives on the list. They just aren't realistic alternatives.

You just don't get it.
JT ran around in the vfl for half the year
He could play blairs role.
Blair was picked for every game every week.
But to me and numerous other supporters he is a
complete dud.
In the stands he is bagged by numerous collingwood
supporters not just the "perceptive fellow" on nicks.
I go to the vfl most weeks (see my vfl match day reports)
and I see collingwood vfl players such as ferguson (170cm)
do things that blair cannot do.
I am depressed seeing our club picking
blair in our top 22 every week.
I am not going to argue about his role, it is a waste of time

What a charming encouraging set of supporters you and those surrounding you in the stand must be.

Probably more charming than you
Hey, im only reporting the facts.
Enjoy your september magirl.
whats that?????
Pies aren't playing???
I wonder why?
H

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:13 pm

roar wrote:
Yeah, I read somewhere that Buckley's planned forward line was Cloke, Reid, White, Goldsack, Blair and Elliott. If that's true then I am pretty worried about Bucks' approach of playing 2 defensive forwards in Blair and Goldy. I also think he over-estimated White's value.

I saw this, I'm very scared for the future... seriously bad news.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:09 am
Post subject: Blair must goReply with quote

That is all
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:12 am

Gosh! A Blair thread! What a novelty!
Dangles 

Balmey Army

Probably not the best time to be criticizing our players.
inxs88 

Gee you'll get Jackcass' "blind Blair love affair" riled! Said to my father that was there ever a player tonight who every time he touched the ball something wrong happened subsequently. That aside we had a great win tonight so am going to bathe in the positives and not the negatives.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:13 am

I was really happy with the win too
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:15 am

I thought Tony Blair already went, when was he re-elected?

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:20 am

The Hobbit is backed by the New Zealand Government!
He was sighted with Froddo and Sam climbing Mt Doom.
Pity he can't play footy with the Elfs.
Still, he is always good for a post on Nicks where the
the Happy Sacks are always positive about the dull performance.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:29 am
Post subject: Re: BLAIR MUST GOReply with quote

jatsad wrote:
That is all

And I thought when it was his turn tonight he did!

Not sure it's thread worthy though.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:32 am

I'm basking in the win but Blair has proved that the only reason he gets a game is because he's Buckley's pet. Much the same as Sinclair.
Poor old PK continues to star in the VFL but can't get a look in. And don't give me this crap about he's too slow and not intense enough. He can get the ball and what's more kicks it better than most in the seniors.

Having said that, we got real glimpses of the future tonight. All the youngies played very well. Just need to clean up some decision making and concentration lapses then lookout next year. If they can grab Treloar or Aish or both to add some run and silky foot skills, then what a midfield that would be. Add a fit Freeman, if all works out, then there is also true depth.

Swan could then play as a dangerous forward. He would be far too smart and strong for most mid-sized defenders.

If Kreuzer wants to come over then we could possibly angle Witts in for a trade to GWS to help the Treloar trade. He's from NSW anyway so he may like the idea.

Then the team has strengths everywhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 16 of 43   

Jump to: