Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Alex Fasolo

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

worth hanging on to when up and about really can give us something, agreed that goal he missed on friday was terrible. But he is one bloke with some geniune class we lack , but has to work alot harder.

www.facebook/the hybernators
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:44 pm

neil wrote:
Not sure of his contract but needs to get fit and have a good preseason and then a great 2015
Hopefully as a part of the 2015 grand finalists.

2015 grand finalists? Are we trading him to Freo then? Razz
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:56 pm

Lazy footballer. I really had high hopes for him coming back this year. I don't mind his ego but made a point to watch him chase in the forward and backline and is one of the reasons we got out numbered when players spread.

I don't want him to be traded but I feel he will be top of the list as I cant imagine Bucks would have appreciated his efforts.

Hopefully gets a chance to turn it around in 2015.

Anyone know his contract status?
JC Hartley Cancer

16 premierships now in the history books. Let's be the first club to 17 premierships.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:33 am

5150, he is contracted until 2016.
hazza11 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:22 am
Post subject: Re: Alex FasoloReply with quote

King Monkey wrote:
I can't really understand why some people want to get rid of him.
Sure he's a bit of a cocky little bugger, but it's a bit harmless and you don't get any "massive big head wank3r" stories coming out like some others have in the past.

On the field - the guy was injured for the whole of last year and has had complications with that same injury this year.
He's been learning a new position, and understandably has made some errors, but he's played some good games in that role down back too.

But he's a natural forward with something you can't teach or train for; he has nous, he knows where the goals are.
As much as you need role players in the modern game, they're there to allow blokes with talent to do what they do.

I've been waiting for Fas to have a bit of break out because he can kick and can play well "AT TIMES", but he gets lost too much down back and towards the end of the year when we threw him forward again he didn't do enough! I have read he is contracted until 2016, a year too long for mine. He needs a big pre season and play in a stable position in 2015, surely more as a small forward. I think Broomhead will play more wing as his kicking into our 50 is sublime.
I read elsewhere Bucks wants Fas to play more in the middle too, this does worry me. Shocking handballer and tackler IMO.
Jameoz23 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:54 pm

I think Faz should be used as trade bait, see if there is anyone from WA that wants to come home to Vic
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Fasolo is a natural forward, similar to Elliot in a lot of ways.

Fasolo has what the majority of our forwards don't - the natural ability to find the goals. The ability to turn nothing into something, turn the something into a goal.

We were fortunate to have this in spades the past 10 years (Didak, Davis, Medhurst, Thomas ect), it is something you can't teach and Fasolo's footy make up oozes the talent and nous.

Only time will tell what impact his experience down back will bring but unfortunately when he found his opportunity as forward we were depleted later in the year and he found himself severely out numbered and undersized.

Lets not forget, this bloke hasn't had a preseason in two seasons, has been experimented with and been asked to produce well above his weight. Fasolo at half forward, with Elliot, Cloke, White, Moore ect around him will prove very dangerous and a difficult match up.

FWIW, Karnezis is in the same boat. Another held back by consistent injury, but oozes talent.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:09 pm

Fasolo, fist up for the end of season reviews.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-09-09/player-review-no-1-alex-fasolo

Looking forward to seeing what this kid can do with a full pre season and a bit of maturity. Very much a fan.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:37 pm

This was a development year and the Faz he was put back in an attempt to improve his defensive skills. His own injury and injuries to others restricted the development in these areas. The guy has a lot of X factor and could be a real asset. I am more than happy to have him within our ranks.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:40 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Looking forward to seeing what this kid can do with a full pre season and a bit of maturity. Very much a fan.

Me too, make a good son in law, if he's not too short Wink

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:38 am

He is inconsistent and doesn't apply himself for 100 minutes. He is a lazy player who goes missing way too often when the pressure goes on. I consider him damn lucky to still be on our list.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:27 am

stui magpie wrote:

what is really interesting about this review is that it suggests that it was injury and not form that derailed him. I think sometimes when you are on the outside, you can be ignorant of certain things (like needing a screw taken out of your foot) and jump to conclusions such as inconsistent or, even better, fueding with Nathan Buckley or punching on with Tim Broomhead.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:27 am

ad4eva wrote:

Fasolo has what the majority of our forwards don't - the natural ability to find the goals. The ability to turn nothing into something, turn the something into a goal.

We were fortunate to have this in spades the past 10 years (Didak, Davis, Medhurst, Thomas ect), it is something you can't teach and Fasolo's footy make up oozes the talent and nous.

Only time will tell what impact his experience down back will bring but unfortunately when he found his opportunity as forward we were depleted later in the year and he found himself severely out numbered and undersized.

Lets not forget, this bloke hasn't had a preseason in two seasons, has been experimented with and been asked to produce well above his weight. Fasolo at half forward, with Elliot, Cloke, White, Moore ect around him will prove very dangerous and a difficult match up.

FWIW, Karnezis is in the same boat. Another held back by consistent injury, but oozes talent.

Finally, someone with a brain.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:27 am

ad4eva wrote:

Finally, someone with a brain.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:29 am

rocketronnie wrote:
He is inconsistent and doesn't apply himself for 100 minutes. He is a lazy player who goes missing way too often when the pressure goes on. I consider him damn lucky to still be on our list.

...and then you read posts like this. You don't remember what he produced vs North melbourne in defence this year or his first half vs St Kilda up forward before injuries derailed his season again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 7 of 20   

Jump to: