Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Hawks - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
I preferred O'Brien.

Not sure why we traded him for this Lumumba.

Needs to make a position his own in 2015 with a move up forward being my suggestion.

We have no viable medium tall forward options and it might be just the thing to release the shackles on him and reignite his career.

Still our coach like many before him seem to lack the imagination to try these things for some unknown reason.

I reckon if he grows his hair he'd be a passable lookalike, and maybe get a bit of Samson about him,

Not a bad idea up forward, ring the club will ya? Why not.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:08 am

melliot wrote:
That has been the most torturous half season I've ever experienced. I'm gutted and flat tonight despite knowing what was coming.

Crap game plan. What our players do with the ball is only beaten by what we do when we we don't have it. It's horrible.

There is not one aspect of our game that is good.

We are so far back in the pack now.

Don't let injuries or young players in the team deceive our current position.

We are bottom 4. Not 11th or 12 or 8th. We are way worse than that.

Our poor footy started before the injuries. We won't make the 8 next year either. It will be more of the same and battling it out with the dogs and blues. Uninspiring play. I'm sorry I'm so down on my team, my club. But we can't get basic setups right, like kick outs. We can't win contested ball. We can't use skills well. In fact skills are poor. Nothing is good in our play.

Really hard to get excited about 2015.

IMO the team needs to show some aspects of being good at something next year. Something! Then build off that.

The dogs are known as contested ball team. We have nothing. No brand. Our team's brand doesn't exist. It's irrelevant now.

I feel your pain and that post deserves to be read more than once. You are spot on at every level. And don't get me started on our pathetic cheer squad shown up again by the Hawk squad. Can this club actually do ANYTHING right? Just ONE thing right on or off the field?

Eddie you have dropped the ball big time. David Koch has passed you by.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:11 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
HAL wrote:
Rick wrote:
A lot of "senior" players failed last night and for most part of the season.

Regardless of the injuries throughout the year, too much was left to the kids and from a supporters view (mine) most of the core senior group lowered their colours tremendously in output, protection and guidance.

That output, protection, guidance and creativity extends to the coach, match committee and board.

I hope that this off season brings some home truths, revitalised minds and bodies, fresh faces, fresh ideas, a few new tricks to a very predictable game plan.
How many?

a few...

Of the remaining guys from the 2010 side, only Pendlebury, Beams, Sidebottom and Cloke could hold their head up.

Some may argue that Maxwell, Ball, Swan should be included and that Cloke shouldn't.

Injuries and missed chunks of games excluded Maxwell, Ball and Swan in my opinion.

While Cloke's form depends heavily on the supply and lets face it our foot skills let the big guy down. A lack of creativity and flair from the coach didn't allow him any freedom to impose himself other than within the forward 50. His goal kicking with the new routine seemed to improve significantly.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:15 am

Buckley as coach. Two names come to mind for those who know.

John Aloisi and David Moyes.

You can hope all you want for next season but things aren't going to get better soon.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:21 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
I really enjoy this stage of development.

Masochist! Who are you trying to kid? We won a flag just four years ago with the youngest list in years. Only a dunderhead could have led us down this garden path. Evil or Very Mad

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:31 am

Rick wrote:
HAL wrote:
Rick wrote:

Regardless of the injuries throughout the year, too much was left to the kids and from a supporters view (mine) most of the core senior group lowered their colours tremendously in output, protection and guidance.

That output, protection, guidance and creativity extends to the coach, match committee and board.

I hope that this off season brings some home truths, revitalised minds and bodies, fresh faces, fresh ideas, a few new tricks to a very predictable game plan.
How many?

a few...

Of the remaining guys from the 2010 side, only Pendlebury, Beams, Sidebottom and Cloke could hold their head up.

Some may argue that Maxwell, Ball, Swan should be included and that Cloke shouldn't.

Injuries and missed chunks of games excluded Maxwell, Ball and Swan in my opinion.

While Cloke's form depends heavily on the supply and lets face it our foot skills let the big guy down. A lack of creativity and flair from the coach didn't allow him any freedom to impose himself other than within the forward 50. His goal kicking with the new routine seemed to improve significantly.

So, after you take out that 7 and Thomas, Jolly, Didak, Brown, Brown, Shaw, Wellingham, Dawes, Johnson, Reid, it doesn't leave many experienced players to blame, does it? Toovey, Goldie, Caff, H, Blair - just some elevated former rookies and 1 late draft pick. Aren't they exactly the sort of role players you'd think might be exposed if too much was required of them for too long?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:32 am

collie dog wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
I really enjoy this stage of development.

Masochist! Who are you trying to kid? We won a flag just four years ago with the youngest list in years. Only a dunderhead could have led us down this garden path. Evil or Very Mad

That may be true, but the drivers in that flag were not the youngsters. The drivers included Thomas, Didak, Jolly, Davis (though not in the final, I grant you) Ball and Swan. All of these progressively entered the twilight through age or injury in 2012-2014. The youngsters were the likes of Blair, Dawes, Macaffer, Goldsack, Sidebottom amd Beams. Only the last two have been A-graders, and of those only Beams is a matchwinner. The youngsters were not that great overall, and the established players have passed. The dynasty expectation was always an illusion born of Malthouse's tactical nous at that time, and the strength of that late-career group. Plus of course the majestic Pendlebury and the power of Cloke.

I have always said that the jury's out on Bucks, but this is fair case for the defence.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:41 am

What was the real crowd figure? No way there was 48000 there. The result we got was what many expected despite the spin from the club and media. This was a practice match for the Hawks. The seasons over and what a season full of ups and downs. The future in the short term looks bleak with a lot of experience departing.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:00 am

jackcass wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Thank god that's over.... bring on 2015!

So jackcass
What went wrong this year?
Looking forward to your analysis
sorry, your excuses!

Wasted on you, closed minds forever closed, I've already wasted more than enough of my time offering counter arguments to your inane crap. You offer no such discussion, just repetitive dribble.

Still waiting Jackcass.
Your mate Blair did well again.

Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:02 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Rick wrote:
HAL wrote:
Rick wrote:

How many?

a few...

So, after you take out that 7 and Thomas, Jolly, Didak, Brown, Brown, Shaw, Wellingham, Dawes, Johnson, Reid, it doesn't leave many experienced players to blame, does it? Toovey, Goldie, Caff, H, Blair - just some elevated former rookies and 1 late draft pick. Aren't they exactly the sort of role players you'd think might be exposed if too much was required of them for too long?

I take your point and your probably right. Regardless, I was disappointed with Toovey, Goldsack, Lumumba and Blairs season. I had forgotten about Macaffer and I think he had a pretty solid season. His tagging style changed after the Cotchin job because of all the attention. Although he's been around a while, Macaffer is still pretty green in terms of games played (73).

You could throw in Clinton Young who ran hot and cold.

I only chose 2010 because of any debutants that year they should have played 5 seasons and reached almost 100 games by now and be leaders of the club.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:03 am

Culprit wrote:
What was the real crowd figure? No way there was 48000 there. The result we got was what many expected despite the spin from the club and media. This was a practice match for the Hawks. The seasons over and what a season full of ups and downs. The future in the short term looks bleak with a lot of experience departing.

Hawthorn could have sent their Box Hill side over to beat us last night, so we learned nothing as far as the future is concerned. In fact I reckon East Burwood would have knocked us off last night as well. Once the effort of the press wore off because of the tiredness of our players, we looked like a country junior side. Wink

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:05 am

Forget the scoreboard. I thought the performance was very encouraging. Gault and Ramsay both played well. Our two ruckmen are developing ahead of schedule. Lot to look forward to next year once we get our mids back and all the injuries we have had are behind us. The one thing I don't want to see again is our recruiting average second or third tier mature age recruits. Thankful for the effort Armstrong put in the previous two weeks, but from last night's effort, he's not up to it (soft, outside player). White can join him back at Sydney (average contested mark, no body strength, can't hold his feet, erratic kick for goal, runs hot and cold). Hine is a genius. Provided we put our faith in the youth coming through we should return to the eight in 2015.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:13 am

Armstrong a soft outside player? Who'd have thunk it after watching him in the VFL all season?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:26 am

The recruiting at the end of 2012 and 2013 was intended to bring in some experience without compromising our draft positioning. It achieved the latter but it was a big fail on the former. None of those experienced players has improved the side. They have all been depth or role players at best. In the scheme of things, it probably doesn't matter much. A little more out of some of them might have given us an extra win or two but Collingwood was never going to win the flag last year or this year. In that context, it's probably more a marketing failure than a recruiting failure - it might affect membership numbers but it was only a stop-gap measure on field. The real question will be how far Grundy, Broom, Kennedy, Ramsay, Adams, Karnezis, Shazza, Langdon, Marsh and Freeman can go. That's the 10 players we've really recruited for the long haul in the last 2 off seasons.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:00 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
The recruiting at the end of 2012 and 2013 was intended to bring in some experience without compromising our draft positioning. It achieved the latter but it was a big fail on the former. None of those experienced players has improved the side. They have all been depth or role players at best. In the scheme of things, it probably doesn't matter much. A little more out of some of them might have given us an extra win or two but Collingwood was never going to win the flag last year or this year. In that context, it's probably more a marketing failure than a recruiting failure - it might affect membership numbers but it was only a stop-gap measure on field. The real question will be how far Grundy, Broom, Kennedy, Ramsay, Adams, Karnezis, Shazza, Langdon, Marsh and Freeman can go. That's the 10 players we've really recruited for the long haul in the last 2 off seasons.

I'm still struggling to understand why Karnezis didn't get a game or two this year?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: