Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Timmy of Thomastown gets it after Carey praises Buckley.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt this author has many pseudonyms.

Many.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:10 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Defender wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Crap, just crap

Injuries went a long way to costing us 2011 flag

Beams missed most of last year under Butters

where does the Beams looks like he wants out crap come from ????

AND what deficiencies did Buckley ever have ????

Timmy isn't blaming the fitness staff, he's blaming Buckley directly for the injuries, most of us know why Butters left.

yeah got that hence the 2011 ref when Malthouse was in charge and injuries also cost us

Our 2011 injury list doesn't compare to our 2014 injury list, it's pretty a much a fact Buckley and Butters had differing opinions, Butters left because of Buckleys training techniques and Buckley probably thought Butters was to soft on the players anyway, which seems to fit in with Buckley hiring a known heavy endurance trainer in Davoran.

IMO Buckley simply hired who ever agreed with his opinion of hard work and them some theory, and it has blown up in all our faces, you simply can't put down our injuries this year to bad luck, the problem is Buckley, and he has surrounded himself with a bunch of yes men, any of whom know that challenging him means contract termination, Buckley is a known micro manager who wants everything done his way.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:36 pm

John Wren wrote:
chris buttifant? never heard of him. timmy would do well at this bulletin board. more factually incorrect nonsense. maybe he is spindog in disguise.

Perhaps this is why Collingwood didn't fight to keep Chris at the club, no one knew who he was, he didn't do anything.

I hope David can get him a job at the Blues.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:51 pm

Not sure why some are suggesting Buttifant left because of Buckley.

That theory has never been reported in the football media to my knowledge or supported by neutral posters on here without an agenda against the coach.

Personally I think it's bullshit, Buttifant simply left to go and work with his close friend in Malthouse and I'm sure after a decade or so at our club was looking for a fresh challenge in a new environment.

Besides given peoples concerns about our supposed inability to run out games of football in recent times most wished Buttifant well but weren't shattered over his departure.

The assumption that Buckley wants everything done his way could equally be said of Malthouse i would have thought and if anything Mick strikes me as your more old school coach of my way or the highway.

By the way if you managed to hear the Malthouse presser from last week I think it was he talked about the crippling injuries affecting the scum so it would seem that Buttifant still has problems of his own to manage.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:01 pm

BBHS wrote:
Timmy hit the nail straight into his head.

I thought it was a bloody good response anyway mate. Very Happy
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:16 pm

I understand the injuries angst but Freeman did not do the same hammy 3 times. So crap to that remark.

Has Timmy watched all the training sessions from last year & this year to now say that we are training too hard? My bet is no. So another crap unsubtantiated remark.

Schazza had gotten over his foot injuries because our guys diagnosed & fixed them due to the experience they got with Josh Thomas. They had very similar issues. The ACL was just bad bloody luck. Nothing more.

So while I agree that our injury tally is severe & needs to be studied meticulously. Timmy is pretty much full of it, but he has predictable backers on this board.

I don't understand training whinges or whinges about certain assistant coaches when we don't know any of the facts.
My only gripe at the moment is with our game plan. I see the ball in the hands of our opposition too much without us pressuring to get it back.
The zone we play isn't working.
The other stuff I'm not privvy to, so I have no idea what is reality.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Don't worry 12mo is nothing, we'll know soon enough.

Good riddance to 2014 season I say, it's definitely one to forget!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:47 pm

Defender wrote:
it's pretty much a fact

...that's pretty much how you operate...says it all really Laughing
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:56 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Don't worry 12mo is nothing, we'll know soon enough.

Good riddance to 2014 season I say, it's definitely one to forget!

Make that 2015 as well. Some people on Nick's will be offering profuse apologies around this time next year when we find ourselves further away from that illusive flag.

Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Timmy from South Park speaks more sense.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:29 pm

woftam wrote:
BBHS wrote:

I thought it was a bloody good response anyway mate. Very Happy

ha ha Cheers
Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Beast wrote:
Please note this is someone masquerading as TFT, his views are actually completely opposite to what is written in that comment.

Yep. TFT is way more level headed than whoever that guy is.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:10 pm
Post subject: Re: Timmy of Thomastown gets it after Carey praises Buckley.Reply with quote

collie dog wrote:
In today's Age Wayne Carey gives a ringing endorsement of the Pies' season. But you should read the comments under the article from Collingwood supporters.

Timmy from Thomastown hits so many nails on the head in this one I thought people just had to read it.

Quote:
What needs thorough examination is the issue of recurring injuries within the current group and recruitment of players with histories of major injury issues, Scharenberg, picked ahead of Aish amongst other gun first year players came to us with a major foot issue, needing rehabilitation even before he arrived. He now has a potentially career ruining ACL tear before he has played senior football. Nathan Freeman has done the same hamstring 3 times in his first season, has yet to make a senior appearance, yet already carries a chronic injury. Ben Reid? ruined by too many premature comebacks.
Former long-time fitness head Chris Buttifant left the club after questioning the harsh training regime imposed by the current coach and look at what has happened since
We train too hard, without any variation. We play this way as well, absolutely dependant on 100% physical ferocity 100% of each and every game. We never seem to play anything resembling tempo footy through a game, never giving our players any respite, leading to terrible skills and ultimately, injuries. We seem to believe in working harder, not smarter.
The coach overcame his deficiencies by working harder than anybody else around him and became an almost-champion; his error is in his certainty that this is the prescription for all who would become elite.
He has retired Luke Ball and now it appears that Dayne Beams wants out as well. We had 7 injury-forced changes last weekend and yet he dropped Ben Kennedy. I have lost faith in Buckley and by extension McGuire, Eade and the whole senior coaching panel. I hope that they are not so deeply embedded within this that they cannot see these realities, but ego generally trumps honesty, so I am not terribly optimistic that anything will improve next year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/making-sense-of-collingwoods-season-in-hell-20140828-109jt4.html#ixzz3Biqw5TtW

So you find someone who, like you, is just a random idiot posting on the internet. A random idiot that shares your views (and could very well actually be you). Then you quote that random person as if it carries extra weight for being a comment on a newspaper website. What does it all boil down to though? Well, nothing, it's meaningless, you could've just quoted Defender and saved yourself a trip.

The fact that you had to completely ignore the glowing review of Buckley's efforts so that you could eek out something negative to vomit up onto the site speaks volumes. Especially quoting a flog who describes Buckley the player as 'an almost-champion'.

Last edited by Redlight on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:15 pm

BBHS wrote:

LOL

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Defender wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Crap, just crap

Injuries went a long way to costing us 2011 flag

Beams missed most of last year under Butters

where does the Beams looks like he wants out crap come from ????

AND what deficiencies did Buckley ever have ????

Timmy isn't blaming the fitness staff, he's blaming Buckley directly for the injuries, most of us know why Butters left.

And how the **** would timmy know?

Who is Timmy? Is Timmy a "perceptive fellow" like you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: