Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

[Opinion] Bucks want his Side

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
You know over the last couple of seasons I do sometimes wonder if a small thought niggling away in the back of Bucks mind is one that doesn't want to see him win a flag only for people to credit Malthouse with a large part of it because he did it with a list Mick mostly built.

Not that I'm suggesting for a moment he would deliberately set out to not win a flag in 2012, or use it as an excuse for our slide down the ladder but I do wonder if it's only human nature for a person as competitive as Bucks, one who has reached the heights he did in his chosen field to want to be seen as succeeding because of there hard work and talent and not because they were gifted a goose that lays a golden egg.

That would not surprise me at all.

That Bucks did not want to be like Barry Switzer of the Dallas Cowboys

If Buckley could have picked up a Premiership in his first year he would have done so. Buckley is stringent on doing things the way they should be done. He is intense and focused and driven by principle. There is no way he would throw a Premiership.

At the same time he is pragmatic enough when he thinks that a team is past it to be ruthless in trying to get the team to the top as soon as possible even if it brings some careers to a premature end.
flyingpies 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:51 pm
Post subject: New Buckley Side for 2015 and Beyond, if theirs anyone leftReply with quote

B: Buckley, Buckley, Buckley
HB: Buckley, Buckley, Buckley
C: Buckley, Buckley, Buckley
HF: Buckley, Buckley, Buckley
F: Buckley, Buckley, Buckley

Foll: Buckley, Buckley, Buckley

Inter: Buckley, Buckley & Buckley
Sub: McGuire
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:19 pm
Post subject: Re: New Buckley Side for 2015 and Beyond, if theirs anyone lReply with quote

flyingpies wrote:

Ireland's national side?

Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:20 pm
Post subject: Re: New Buckley Side for 2015 and Beyond, if theirs anyone lReply with quote

flyingpies wrote:

Imagine that. A Collingwood side that would never miss a target by foot.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:24 pm

flyingpies wrote:

Nah can't pick Eddie, it's not the indigenous round

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Was looking for the Beams thread but couldn't see it so this will have to do.

Mike Sheahan stated on 3aw today that he believes Beams would leave for Brisbane if he had the opportunity.

Wow. Just wow.

If true then we either must seriously have something wrong down at our club now under Bucks or Beams has been offered a fortune.

Most likely both.

Collingwood simply don't lose players of the quality of Beams, a player arguably in our best 3.

If he seeks a trade this season then we're officially a club in crisis.

If he leaves at the end of next year it wont be much better.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:14 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Mike Sheahan stated on 3aw today that he believes Beams would leave for Brisbane if he had the opportunity.

Wow. Just wow.

If true then we either must seriously have something wrong down at our club now under Bucks or Beams has been offered a fortune.

Most likely both.

Collingwood simply don't lose players of the quality of Beams, a player arguably in our best 3.

Swoop - we're a club in crisis.. everyone knows it except the most diehard of diehard Pies supporters. Buckley better get it right this year coming... and we better not lose anymore talent, specially of the likes of Beams, we can ill afford it.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:28 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Wow. Just wow.

Most likely both.

Well then with all this talk it could be BYE BYE Beams

Robbie 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:00 pm
Post subject: 2011 still hurtsReply with quote

Like so many Magpie supporters, I was looking forward to the 2011 season and there was a lot to like although the year ended in disaster. Geelong towelled us in the final home and away game, and the increase in speed was starting to show in the fitness of many of our players. The emphasis from Mick seemed to be increasing the scoring opportunities and this meant everyone had to run harder to be the highest scoring team regardless of fitness levels.

Geelong didn't have to run the same distances as we did because they took the shortest route down the middle after forcing our boys to run from one side to the other through precision kicking. Mick had not been able to counter Geelong all year, and with our fitness levels falling the result was beyond us. I thought the 2011 squad certainly had the desire and ability to go back to back although Geelong just had the wood on us all year regardless of the first meeting that year. I was proud of the Pies beating the Hawks in the prelim. because that was pure guts that won it.

When we really needed a new way to handle the Cats, Mick just didn't seem to have one and I imagine that was why many of us believed we needed a new way, and Mick just didn't have one. I understand both DTM and Collie are not fans of Bucks however if they cannot support this great team of Collingwood with Bucks as the coach, then maybe it's time you left Nicks until things change. I suspect the change will be a fitter and faster team winning finals and now that the Grand Final is to be played in October, Bucks' Pies will be Premiers and I hope you will be able to enjoy it.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:46 pm
Post subject: Re: 2011 still hurtsReply with quote

Robbie wrote:
Like so many Magpie supporters, I was looking forward to the 2011 season and there was a lot to like although the year ended in disaster. Geelong towelled us in the final home and away game, and the increase in speed was starting to show in the fitness of many of our players. The emphasis from Mick seemed to be increasing the scoring opportunities and this meant everyone had to run harder to be the highest scoring team regardless of fitness levels.

Geelong didn't have to run the same distances as we did because they took the shortest route down the middle after forcing our boys to run from one side to the other through precision kicking. Mick had not been able to counter Geelong all year, and with our fitness levels falling the result was beyond us. I thought the 2011 squad certainly had the desire and ability to go back to back although Geelong just had the wood on us all year regardless of the first meeting that year. I was proud of the Pies beating the Hawks in the prelim. because that was pure guts that won it.

When we really needed a new way to handle the Cats, Mick just didn't seem to have one and I imagine that was why many of us believed we needed a new way, and Mick just didn't have one. I understand both DTM and Collie are not fans of Bucks however if they cannot support this great team of Collingwood with Bucks as the coach, then maybe it's time you left Nicks until things change. I suspect the change will be a fitter and faster team winning finals and now that the Grand Final is to be played in October, Bucks' Pies will be Premiers and I hope you will be able to enjoy it.

I never said I hated what Bucks was Doing.

I am just saying he wants to do it his way and not MM way

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:38 am

ANNODAM wrote:
^ One more year & the jury will be out...

You mean it's not already? Shocked

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:31 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Wow. Just wow.

Most likely both.

How on earth would Mike Sheahan of all people know if Beams was thinking of leaving ?It's all just speculation on his part.People in the media just seem to think that if a player is going to be offered X amount of dollars from another club,then they'll automatically take up that offer without considering anything else.When Collingwood's involved there's also a lot of wishful thinking involved in their speculation.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:32 pm

I know a lot of people and pets named Mike.
1eye 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:08 pm

swoop42 wrote:

Wow. Just wow.

Most likely both.

Who is your avatar ? Nice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: