Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How Hawthorn left Collingwood in the dust

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:53 pm
Post subject: How Hawthorn left Collingwood in the dustReply with quote

Pretty Much agree that we have gone for the Future and not now.

Also that we have dropped out of the 8 is that our Mature Age Recruits since 2011 have mostly been Flops

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/how-hawthorn-left-collingwood-in-the-dust-20140828-109o1g.html

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh a web page.
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:06 pm

HAL is having a great day
HAL 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:10 pm

I don't know if I have a day. I have a great .
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:07 pm

Good article. he lets Buckley off lightly though.

Our recruiting really has been a disgrace! And we have been Melbourne like in our faith in untried kids. Hawthorn has struck a balance (and so have Sydney).

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:31 am

Well we saw it last night. The great tragedy of this season for Collingwood's future is the fact we have sustained all these injuries and have to play makeshift sides. Hawthorn have had lots of injuries too but their depth is outstanding and they don't seem to have salary cap pressures.

It was a pity to have all the injuries because I believe our game plan would have been shown up anyway and then people would have been able to make a reasonable assessment of Buckley's coaching. But injuries or not next season no excuses will cut the mustard. Either Buckley turns things around or he must go! The Shaw years were not as disastrous for the club's longterm future.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:33 pm

collie dog wrote:
Well we saw it last night. The great tragedy of this season for Collingwood's future is the fact we have sustained all these injuries and have to play makeshift sides. Hawthorn have had lots of injuries too but their depth is outstanding and they don't seem to have salary cap pressures.

It was a pity to have all the injuries because I believe our game plan would have been shown up anyway and then people would have been able to make a reasonable assessment of Buckley's coaching. But injuries or not next season no excuses will cut the mustard. Either Buckley turns things around or he must go! The Shaw years were not as disastrous for the club's longterm future.

Hawks got over their injuries, had nearly their best side in last night, they didn't do three ACLs in one year, nowhere near as bad as us. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
collie dog wrote:

Hawks got over their injuries, had nearly their best side in last night, they didn't do three ACLs in one year, nowhere near as bad as us. Rolling Eyes

Alright here's a simply question then. A hypothetical. If you put Collingwood's best 22 on the park against Hawthorn's best 22 who would win? In your heart of hearts we would be lucky to get within 8 goals anyway, so what I am saying is the effort by the kids last night wasn't too bad. But let's call a spade a spade. our list has slipped to being barely better than 12th best in the AFL. About where we are on the ladder.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:21 pm

collie dog wrote:

Incorrect. When Hawthorn did have serious injury problems they fell well down the ladder after 2008. Remember that? It wasn't too much different to what we did this year. And no salary cap pressure? I guess you haven't heard of Franklin or the other lesser players that have left Hawthorn over the last few years.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:38 pm

collie dog wrote:
Good article. he lets Buckley off lightly though.

Our recruiting really has been a disgrace! And we have been Melbourne like in our faith in untried kids. Hawthorn has struck a balance (and so have Sydney).

Try starting a thread about Hine!
I did and got crucified.
In hine we trust (not)

HAL 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:43 pm

When? Try asking the Milk Mystic.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:38 pm

Didn't Hawthorn have a couple of piss poor years after winning a premiership?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:40 pm

^^Yeah, but they had injuries so the poor years are to be excused.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:08 pm

collie dog wrote:
...It was a pity to have all the injuries because I believe our game plan would have been shown up anyway and then people would have been able to make a reasonable assessment of Buckley's coaching. But injuries or not next season no excuses will cut the mustard. Either Buckley turns things around or he must go! The Shaw years were not as disastrous for the club's longterm future.

The statements you make are bordering on ludicrous.

Firstly it's a pity that we had so many injuries, not because it was bad for the club, but because it didn't enable you to bitch about some other outrage that you have no evidence for.

Then, we can't judge Buckley this year because of the injuries, but if we have a terrible injury problem next year Buckley will be at fault and has to go.

Then, the claim that Buckley has been disastrous for our 'long-term future'. WTF? Are you claiming some kind of supernatural powers now?
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Look, we did well with Jolly and Ball and won a flag with those moves. Lynch in hindsight (I thought at the time it was an excellent decision), Russell (never gunna work), cutting Ceglar (bloody ridiculous), in my opinion Armstrong, have been bad decisions. Young is looking to be another bad decision. White, jury is out.

Hawks have done amazingly well with their mature aged recruits, Lake, Hale, Ceglar, Burgoyne etc last night all playing vital roles.

But we must now have faith that Hine can rediscover his mojo with the older guys, and I believe he will be proven correct with the youngens. If Freeman, Scharenberg, Kennedy and Grundy come on, Broomhead already has, that is bloody exciting.

And there is a good chance they all will.

And after two years of questioning the lad, I think Witts is starting to look like a footballer. Again, very exciting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: