Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brent McCaffer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:49 pm
Post subject: Brent McCafferReply with quote

I'm still digesting his second knee and feel sorry for the bloke.
While he is unfashionable his commitment to the teams need can never be disputed.
The other day I saw him interviewed on AFL 360 and he was positive but the thing that stood out to me the most was when he said "I've experienced the process before and believe I know how to handle it" he then went on to say " I won't be alone I'll have young Matt Scharenberg along for the journey and hopefully I'll be able to support and encourage him through with my previous experience"
Is his injury actually a blessing in disguise for us to have him be ale to work so closely with Scharenberg who must be feeling very down at the moment knowing 2yrs of AFL has been taken away from him at the start of his career.
I'm sure the Caff will again do the team thing to get Matt through the other side with loads of positive reinforcement and encouragement.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I'm still digesting his second knee

Dude, he only hyperextended the joint. Did you really need to eat it? Shocked

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:01 pm

I remember the story on The Club about McCaffer and Krakouer going through their ACL rehab together, and how they pushed each others progress along.

Brent can certainly help Scharenberg for sure.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:52 pm

I like the Caff, he's a popular bloke amongst the players, works hard and leaves nothing behind in his efforts.

I wish him all the best, Scharenberg couldn't have a much better bloke to pair up with during rehab.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:59 pm

Shazza will be able to spend heaps of time on bench presses and curls. He'll end up with Tarrant guns, be a favourite with the ladies and have plenty of power for bodying up. Shame he loses the first 2 years of AFL but there are plenty left in him.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:22 am

What a lot of people dont know is how bad Caffs previous Knee injury was.
He had done both the ACL and PCL and required a radical surgery to fix.
There was a serious question about not playing on.

A few points have been made since his recent injury around it being a "straight ACL".
Caff himself has been more upbeat than youd expect given that he knows the rehab he has in front of him.
The statement he made around returning in 9 months for the end of the season is extremely possible considering his last experience.

Even still while he and the club would much rather that he didn't have to go through it again, the fact that we now have his strength of character and commitment guiding Scharenberg through this traumatic event is the epitome of making the best out of a bad situation.

Rehab is outside the group and can be lonely. For a young bloke from interstate it could be life changing and cause homesickness and even depression.

Caff will be a big part of how Shaz turns out in the long run and I'm thankful that he will be there for him.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:39 am

fate is a strange thing.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:11 pm

MJ23 wrote:

A few points have been made since his recent injury around it being a "straight ACL".
Caff himself has been more upbeat than youd expect given that he knows the rehab he has in front of him.
The statement he made around returning in 9 months for the end of the season is extremely possible considering his last experience.

Even still while he and the club would much rather that he didn't have to go through it again, the fact that we now have his strength of character and commitment guiding Scharenberg through this traumatic event is the epitome of making the best out of a bad situation.

Rehab is outside the group and can be lonely. For a young bloke from interstate it could be life changing and cause homesickness and even depression.

Caff will be a big part of how Shaz turns out in the long run and I'm thankful that he will be there for him.

Fantastic post.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:58 pm

OEP wrote:
MJ23 wrote:

Fantastic post.

Agree.

It is sad to see either player in this position but you would think the process a littler easier to take when you have a committed clubman next to you.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:45 pm

MJ23 wrote:

Well said. Caff and Scharenberg doing rehab together is a positive out of a couple of huge negatives.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:10 pm

Would love Caff to come back as a hit up small forward again. Played this role well just a few more snags required.
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:26 pm

BBHS wrote:
Would love Caff to come back as a hit up small forward again. Played this role well just a few more snags required.

Agree, although he could be used as a swingman, small forward when we need it, and a tagger when we play teams that desperately need a tag for a gun midfielder. I felt so sorry for him when he went down with his injury. Just couldn't believe it. Some people just have the most rotten luck. Ditto for Reid and Brownie.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:31 pm

For the love of God it's Macaffer.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:59 pm

McCaffer as a tagger is only so-so
MacCaffer as a forward is much better
Let's hope Bucks doesn't try another role for McKaffer.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:41 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
McCaffer as a tagger is only so-so
MacCaffer as a forward is much better
Let's hope Bucks doesn't try another role for McKaffer.

He's gone dude, doubt he'll play much more than 1/2 dozen more games for us in the future now, due to that injury (so no fault of his own). Things will have changed a LOT by the time he's back able to play at 100%

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: