Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sharks - Copping Bans

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:05 pm
Post subject: Sharks - Copping BansReply with quote

So up to 12 players from the Cronulla Sharks accepted ASADA 12 month bans. But back-dated to November last year. Including the NSW State of Origin captain.
Backdated. So what's the penalty. They've been playing all year. WADA appears to have OK'd the backdating.

Last edited by didick on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, for real? That's nuts.

I'm fine for players to go unpunished, of course. But I'd rather ASADA and sporting bodies were honest about it.

BHPIE 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:24 pm

As a sharks fan,.I think the players r just feed up and its worth the ban to end the bullshit even if they have no case to answer.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:31 pm
Post subject: Re: Sharks - Copping BansReply with quote

didick wrote:
So up to 12 players from the Cronulla Sharks accepted ASADA 12 month bans. But back-dated to November last year. Including the NSW State of Origin captain.
Backdated. So what's the penalty. They've been playing all year. WADA appears to have OK'd the backdating.

from the literature i have read wada has not approved or endorsed anything of the sort and can come over the top if they are not happy with asada's sanctions

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:27 pm

John Wren wrote:
didick wrote:

from the literature i have read wada has not approved or endorsed anything of the sort and can come over the top if they are not happy with asada's sanctions

Bans were not being accepted until approval or a guarantee was made that WADA would not challenge them

BHPIE wrote:
As a sharks fan,.I think the players r just feed up and its worth the ban to end the bullshit even if they have no case to answer.

Definitely this, don't need a 3rd season ruined by this shit
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:54 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
John Wren wrote:
didick wrote:

Bans were not being accepted until approval or a guarantee was made that WADA would not challenge them

BHPIE wrote:

Definitely this, don't need a 3rd season ruined by this shit

Happy to ruin ANY season for the Bummers....... Razz
MOTR 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Absolute joke. How can you backdate a suspension.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:25 pm

an effective 3 game ban for admitting guilt…..shocking!!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Backdated for time already served makes sense. Backdated because they were being investigated and there were delays makes no sense. It's a disgrace, as the current Australian swimmer tweeted, and a kick in the teeth for all those athletes serving longer bans, Saad among them.

It can really only be taken as an admission by ASADA that they didn't have a strong prospect of withstanding a concerted defense of the charges, so they offered up something so pathetic that it would be accepted. Makes a mockery of the whole process.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Fair deal I reckon, if it wasn't for the AFL being so insistent on ASADA giving them something before last years finals series then they may have finished the NRL investigation last year and it wouldn't have dragged on.

ASADA probably realised the NRL investigation was a lot simpler as it was a shorter period, the Essendon doping was so widespread and over the entire year it obviously requires a lot more resources
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:32 pm

As a avid league fan as well this is a utter disgrace. Plead guilty of using illegal/illicit substances and get a 3 match suspension.
This back dating is a load of poop ASADA are doing it simply to finalize it as it has dragged on so far it's a joke. The rumor in Brisbane town is ASADA only had 1 substance they found the sharks players had used that they could prove suspicions on 2 others. With the bummers ASADA believe they have 3 substances they can prove and 2 others they suspect had been used the big one being beta myosin
Funny thing is the year in question of the sharks Paul Gallen played 80 minutes in a state of origin in the front row with now break and set record numbers. Since then he hasn't done anything near that effort. So tell me really what ever he took didn't enhance his performance.
A disgrace lets hope the bummers get what's coming to them properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: