Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 521, 522, 523 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I try to keep my poker out of that kind of bucket too. Razz
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So where do you sleep? Confused

i assume this bedroom is the one David and Lola defiled?

I'll nip this in the bud.
I provided david a bed with 3 blankets, 2 doona's 2 electics heaters near the bed but Lola insisted it was going to be cold and the stove must be turned on.
In the morning, after the miss understanding about the bucket of coals the poker and the "right let's get this party started" attitude to heating things up they confessed it wasn't that cold really.
Last week my pipes hot and cold froze solid till about 11 a.m.
(Tammim t got to minus 8 at B.s place last week then again but she only has Tannuin to keep her warm.)

I going to watch tv in the lounge room, burn some "incense" and sit in front of the open fire and curl up under a quilt and hopefully take the chill off.

Noit all!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:13 pm

3.14159 wrote:
I bought a pool table for not much last week-end.
It's a modern 7 x 3.5 with full pocket drops to the head of the table.
The felt needs some work but I've done some upholstery so that shouldn't be an issue, where to put it is another matter.
I reckon I can take the king size bed from my bedroom (the mattress isn't back from the cleaners) and throw it on the hard rubbish todae and replace it with a single and a lid for the table so I can use it for a table when I'm not practicing/playing ....so brilliant!
It came with balls and cues and after I explained my strategy even the missus wasn't that upset!

I haven't played seriously for about 15 years (and never with glasses) and while I was no Minisota Fats or fast Eddy Falson I could more than hold my own on any table in any Melbourne pub.
(I played against and for Jimmy Barnes and Don Walker from Chisel for an afternoon at Macy's in Sth Yarra back in the Dae.
I'll tell that story one dae, (it's worth hearing)

If I can quote Paul Newman from the color of $$$
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpAkEnpRHC8
Cool

Love to read the jimmy Barnes story sometime! Well done on the pool table!
We've got a small table out under the pegola, nothing special, just a boring cheapie. Some of the old ones are so beautiful. I can't play for shit! And I don't in case I break a window! But the kids and their friends have fun with it.

How's the neighbour situation, you seem happier?

Cheers xx

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:06 am

deleted...
see my new signature...

My dae started badly (and for that I blame myself, but it brightened considerably about 20 mins ago with the missus finally getting in touch with me...
This missus started her holiday 2 days ago and took off for Melbourne to stay with the sister and catch-up with the Cowpokes (her term not mine) and other sister for 4 daze (or so).
I shouldn't be so happy about it but the moment the parents took off to visit the aunts and uncles and etc's, the 3 of them got into a raging argument about god's knows what and she was now stuck over the Yarra river (on the West-gate car Park) and will be home in an hour or too.

At last I'll have some-one to help me warm up her bed becuase it's bone-shakingly cold the last few nights.!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 pm

had to get a new PS3 a couple of weeks ago, the old original backward compatible girl shit her drawers. Sad

Got the old girl patched and I'll hang onto her, but grabbed a brand new one for now.

Picked up a game, Injustice, gods among us. Basically a Tekken rip off using DC comics characters and shit hot graphics.

Going through story mode when there's jack on the idiot box. Damn, me likey. Very Happy

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:38 am

...Huh?
I recognise English words in your post but I haven't got a clue what your on about!
It only makes sense if I assume a PS3 is the latest in Swedish inflatable dolls!Cool

3.perplexed...
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:51 am

PS3 = Playstation 3 a games console.

If you don't know what a games console is just think of a device that allows you to play Pong or Space Invaders only with a lot better graphics.

If you don't know what Pong or Space Invaders are then sorry you're told old and beyond my help.

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:25 pm

If I had a dollar for 20 cent coin I placed in the very first Space Invader/Asteroid machines (pong wasn't my thing, the graphics and the game were both crap) in the very first year they came to the Golden Bowl in Camberwell.
I reckon, add compound interest and a savvy investment in few of these early games and I'd be a millionaire several times over!...i reckon

We had games when I was younger but they generally centered around building and racing billy carts or a huge train and slot car set my olde man had got at an auction, or a game of Green Ghost or Mouse-trap if it was raining and/or my mum wanted some peace and quiet...

Play Stations, consuls, call of Justice League or what-ever is they do...Playing virtual games in virtual worlds against virtual people is just not my thing...

Unless we're talking on-line Chess in which case you'll have my full and undivided attention.
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:38 pm

3.14159 wrote:
If I had a dollar for 20 cent coin I placed in the very first Space Invader/Asteroid machines (pong wasn't my thing, the graphics and the game were both crap) in the very first year they came to the Golden Bowl in Camberwell.
I reckon, add compound interest and a savvy investment in few of these early games and I'd be a millionaire several times over!...i reckon

We had games when I was younger but they generally centered around building and racing billy carts or a huge train and slot car set my olde man had got at an auction, or a game of Green Ghost or Mouse-trap if it was raining and/or my mum wanted some peace and quiet...

Play Stations, consuls, call of Justice League or what-ever is they do...Playing virtual games in virtual worlds against virtual people is just not my thing...

Unless we're talking on-line Chess in which case you'll have my full and undivided attention.

Tony Rafferty says hello....
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:20 pm

3.14159 wrote:

I used to love the old table top games when they first came out in the early 80's. I once went to the Toc Caravan park with 40c on a Sunday about 11:30 with a mate and got my arse kicked when I was late home for lunch at 1:30. Set a new record on Dig Dug (variation of Pac man)

I don't play online, I just have fun against the console.

Here's a taste of the game I'm referring to. Great graphics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l27-3NJqpiA

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Oh, and I get my car back tomorrow. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I'm sick of driving a tonka toy.

And, got a quote from the council to replace the park side fence. 195cm high, 45 m long, plus a gate and demolition and removal of the old one, just over $2k. Shit I've saved at least that since the son's been shacked up with his GF and I haven't had to feed them or "loan" them coin.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:24 am

stui magpie wrote:
Oh, and I get my car back tomorrow. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I'm sick of driving a tonka toy.

And, got a quote from the council to replace the park side fence. 195cm high, 45 m long, plus a gate and demolition and removal of the old one, just over $2k. Shit I've saved at least that since the son's been shacked up with his GF and I haven't had to feed them or "loan" them coin.

ha, cool I bet you miss your car!! I would.

does the council pay half that fence? want to sell our old house, its boundary fence is on council land, and its falling down

I just smashed it in the gym, thanks to need for speed, and im wired at 11.19pm!! time for a Kentucky gold honey infused, (on special at coles $25, bought 2 bottles, may get more!) and life is looking really good!! cheers!!

Last edited by think positive on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:37 am

Yeah, council pays half of a standard fence.

i just rang them, said it was buggered, their bloke came and had a look at it and got the quote. The $2k is my share, bit more than half cos i want it higher and a gate in it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:08 am

stui magpie wrote:

i just rang them, said it was buggered, their bloke came and had a look at it and got the quote. The $2k is my share, bit more than half cos i want it higher and a gate in it.

Cool ta. Where does the gate go to?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:20 am

stui magpie wrote:

Yeah we're in a similar situation, I want it higher and with a gate.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 521, 522, 523 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 522 of 866   

Jump to: