Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 514, 515, 516 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I won the raffle for those who contribute to the sponsorship of a player from NBB.
Prize is an invite to the Presidents Room at the MCG for the Port game on Sunday. Free admission, Presidents address etc, free lunch, free drinks, free A level seat... Good grief I'll get to see how the other half live.
It's a long way from the boy who used to collect cans to stand on to get a view above the crowd in front of the score board at Vic Park.
I'm quite excited about winning and getting the gold class treatment, but my old school Pie genes still resonate with a level of cynicism. But WTF, I'm going and it will be an experience.
If you let me know any questions you would like me to put to Eddie that he will no doubt ignore anyway, please advise nevertheless.

Last edited by sixpoints on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:25 am

sixpoints wrote:
I won the raffle for those who contribute to the sponsorship of a player from NBB.
Prize is an invite to the Presidents Room at the MCG for the Port game on Sunday. Free admission, Presidents address etc, free lunch, free drinks, free A level seat... Good grief I'll get to see how the other half live.
It's a long way from the boy who used to collect cans to stand on to get a view above the crowd in front of the score board at Vic Park.
I'm quite excited about winning and getting the gold class treatment, but my old school Pie genes still resonate with a level of cynicism. But WTF, I'm going and it will be an experience.
If you let me know any questions you would like me to put to Eddie so can ignore, please advise.

As another member of Nick's sponsorship group I must say it's your duty if you get the chance to raise the issue of the loud-o-meter and let Ed know that hardcore Collingwood fans hate it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:15 am

sixpoints wrote:
If you let me know any questions you would like me to put to Eddie so can ignore, please advise.

Well done, enjoy xxx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:17 am

3.14159 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Posting on nicks is better than looking out the widescreen with junior driving

Ha ha ha ha.
I'm not so sure posting on Nick's is less nerve wracking than sitting next to Junior but if it works for you go with it.

Personally the missus says burying her head in her hands while I'm driving is better than actually contemptlating what could happen to her with me driving and actually watching traffic coming towards us with 3 behind the wheel,... but then again she has never posted on Nick's.
Xx

p.s Jo you'll love this ...
bugger it Im tired it'll take a while to write so I'll do it tomorrow, I've had a long day, I promise it is a cracker and it is about driving into Daylesford on slippery mountain road with about a dozen cars ( 1 or 3 ) getting angry behind a beaten up olde Holden Rodeo (Isusu made really) who apparently isn't in enough of a hurry for there liking.
It's a cracker
Have a read, it'll be here in a day or so...

Haha, she just gets a bit close for my liking, and after doing 280 odd hours with both my kids on L plates, old habits die hard! I'm still making a dent in the floor with my right foot!

Cheers xx

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:59 pm

sixpoints wrote:
If you let me know any questions you would like me to put to Eddie that he will no doubt ignore anyway, please advise nevertheless.

I won that 2 or 3 years ago. It's great! Enjoy. Smile

#SIDEBYSIDE
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:01 pm

What makes you think I would let him or her know a questions you?
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:10 pm

think positive wrote:

Haha, she just gets a bit close for my liking, and after doing 280 odd hours with both my kids on L plates, old habits die hard! I'm still making a dent in the floor with my right foot!
Cheers xx

Laughing
Look on the bright side, keep stamping floor and you'll have a Fred Flimtstone type brake to help slow Jnr down.

I said I'd mention a driving story ...

I was going into Daylesford a few dae ago to see my Hepburn council customer service place (you may have read about it on another thread). the wind was blowing very cold, intermitant rain bursts etc etc.
Anywae, 5 kilos before Daylesford the sinhle lane rooad starts dropping, climbing, twisting and it's steep. I trundled along applying the brajes hard on the down and accelaerate hard on the up's or my ute really struggles. (it looks a lot one your hubby owned, but slower and the radio isn't working).
I doing 50 and lining her up for the a stretch over sailors creek for the final 1k climb or so into Yuppiedale Central. I get the old girl up to about 60 (k's) )I'm trying to go faster than that but she's old. As I take the bend over the bridge to my horror there is a tractor slowly climbing the hill. I slow down (not diff if your not travelling that fast and pull in behind him and match his 20 k's.
Aneway, it's single lane double lines most of the way and the tractor tries to pull over to let me pass (I could habe if I went a foot or so over the lines) but I ignored him. 5 secs later a B-double logging truck comes roaring round the corner (40K's or so but I stick by my choice of agdjetive) I flinch but I'm tucked in hard behind this tractor so I feel ok. More cars pass and we get a better place for to overtake but it's still single lane double lines and he again moves over) and again I ignore him.
I hear a honk or 3 behind me and notice there are 8 or cars stuck behind us (some appear angry) so I unwind my window, extend my index and hold it well about my head for all to see.
A minute late we get to Yuppyford and 2 lanes appear.
I decide it's time to overtake so shift down and start speeding up.
As I pass the tractor he honk me , I look over and see his thumb extended and a smile on his face.
I was wrong though, 18 cars overtake us 1 or 2 return my index wave but I barely notice, I'm still think about that tractor driver and the smile on his face and knowing that did the what I wanted to do (drive safely) and bugger any one that has a problem with that!
I had lunch in new Burger bar (Yuppies not encouraged this 1) and I go visit council.
You know the rest.
allwaes Jo!

Pardon my spelling I not wearing my glasses. my tpeing is best guess pnly.
Xx
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:57 pm

3.14159 wrote:
my tpeing is best guess pnly.

Wonderful stuff. I'm thinking of using this as my signature. Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:30 pm

3.14159 wrote:
think positive wrote:

Cheers xx

Laughing
Look on the bright side, keep stamping floor and you'll have a Fred Flimtstone type brake to help slow Jnr down.

I said I'd mention a driving story ...

I was going into Daylesford a few dae ago to see my Hepburn council customer service place (you may have read about it on another thread). the wind was blowing very cold, intermitant rain bursts etc etc.
Anywae, 5 kilos before Daylesford the sinhle lane rooad starts dropping, climbing, twisting and it's steep. I trundled along applying the brajes hard on the down and accelaerate hard on the up's or my ute really struggles. (it looks a lot one your hubby owned, but slower and the radio isn't working).
I doing 50 and lining her up for the a stretch over sailors creek for the final 1k climb or so into Yuppiedale Central. I get the old girl up to about 60 (k's) )I'm trying to go faster than that but she's old. As I take the bend over the bridge to my horror there is a tractor slowly climbing the hill. I slow down (not diff if your not travelling that fast and pull in behind him and match his 20 k's.
Aneway, it's single lane double lines most of the way and the tractor tries to pull over to let me pass (I could habe if I went a foot or so over the lines) but I ignored him. 5 secs later a B-double logging truck comes roaring round the corner (40K's or so but I stick by my choice of agdjetive) I flinch but I'm tucked in hard behind this tractor so I feel ok. More cars pass and we get a better place for to overtake but it's still single lane double lines and he again moves over) and again I ignore him.
I hear a honk or 3 behind me and notice there are 8 or cars stuck behind us (some appear angry) so I unwind my window, extend my index and hold it well about my head for all to see.
A minute late we get to Yuppyford and 2 lanes appear.
I decide it's time to overtake so shift down and start speeding up.
As I pass the tractor he honk me , I look over and see his thumb extended and a smile on his face.
I was wrong though, 18 cars overtake us 1 or 2 return my index wave but I barely notice, I'm still think about that tractor driver and the smile on his face and knowing that did the what I wanted to do (drive safely) and bugger any one that has a problem with that!
I had lunch in new Burger bar (Yuppies not encouraged this 1) and I go visit council.
You know the rest.
allwaes Jo!

Pardon my spelling I not wearing my glasses. my tpeing is best guess pnly.
Xx

Haha yeah I don't care if I piss people off if they just want to drive like idiots.

Although I did notice the other day, I was driving my beloved bug home near the golf course, and someone honked and they screamed past, and I realized I was doing 60 in the 70 zone! Can't help it, when I'm driving my baby, I just like to cruise!

Parked in the underground carpark yesterday, because of the wind, I always park tucked in a corner, where only those with nice cars can be bothered walking too! I drive out the carpark, and the guy collecting trolleys decided she only wants Coles ones, and throws a target one aside, the wind grabs it and sends it hurtling towards my front bumper, and there was nothing I could do. I jumped out, to see the trolley sideswipe a car, and head for a really nice BMW, so before I checked my damage, I saved the BMW. Well karma loves me, cos when I checked my car, the slight mark rubbed off, no damage! And I didn't even abuse the idiot attendant, even though he just shrugged his shoulders at me.

Funny, later junior said, why didn't you blast him, I would have? So I answered honestly. .... Because he was black! Man this Australian of the year crap is really getting to me!

Last edited by think positive on Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
partypie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:02 pm

I haven't been to Daylesford for decades ... It's funny it's so yuppie these days because it used to be the complete opposite. A friend worked in one of the pubs, and instead of a mirror ball over the dance floor, there was a green garbage bin suspended upside down from the ceiling with broken pieces of mirror stuck on the sides, manually twirled by someone tall enough. Had some good times there.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:18 pm

partypie wrote:
A friend worked in one of the pubs, and instead of a mirror ball over the dance floor, there was a green garbage bin suspended upside down from the ceiling with broken pieces of mirror stuck on the sides, manually twirled by someone tall enough.

And what did they have before it went upmarket?

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:44 am

Glenorchy finally got a win at Blundstone Arena against Clarence, though beating the Roos is always a happy thing. Sadly Cornelius broke his leg today so season over for him. Sad

Pies are now equal top with three games to go.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:23 am

Good stuff!

Waking up to watch the insanely good Usian Bolt run in the 4 x 100! And go pommies, came in 2nd! White men can run!well 3 out of 4!

Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Ran the Brisbane Marathon, my tenth one, and got a PB of 4:03. Narrowing down on the four hours.

Happy!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Big T wrote:
Ran the Brisbane Marathon, my tenth one, and got a PB of 4:03. Narrowing down on the four hours.

Happy!!!

Well done🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 514, 515, 516 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 515 of 866   

Jump to: