Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Return of Wellingham

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you consider Wellingham if he wanted to return to Collingwood?
Yes.
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
No.
64%
 64%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 25

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:45 pm
Post subject: Return of WellinghamReply with quote

In 19 games for WCE, some may say Wellingham has been disappointing.

The ankle injury might have a lot to do with this, but he hasn't really found a consistent level of form since leaving for WA.

So my question is, would you consider Wellingham if he wanted to return to Collingwood? And what would you think would be a fair exchange?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no as I think the question is moot anyway because Buckley made a clear decision to off load him and I can't imagine he'd entertain the thought of redrafting him.

If you wanted a hypothetical answer then a 3rd round pick.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:47 pm

For free? Yes.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:03 pm

No Way - Too Lazy and does not try to get the best of of himself
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Nah
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:50 pm

His best is as good as anyone's, always seemed to play well in big games too, won't happen though.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm in a slight dilemma about this question.

On the one hand Sharrod's best football is terrific and I remember him having some standout performances in 2011, most notably in the Queens Birthday game against Melbourne so he's definitely talented and this showed throughout 2010 and 2011. His performance in the 2010 Grand Final replay was outstanding as well and many were expecting big things from him from then on.

However, it's clear that Bucks wanted to offload Sharrod at the end of 2012 and in a way it didn't surprise me as his development stalled in that particular year and he didn't appear to give 100% in games. He was also living with Buddy at the time and several rumours were afloat about him and Buddy at that stage which some would be well aware of but of course can't be proven though. At West Coast, he's been very inconsistent as well so it doesn't seem like he's dramatically improved back in WA either and I remember part of the reason of him leaving was wanting to go back home to be closer to his family and he'd recently split up with his ex-girlfriend at that stage.

I've always liked him as a footballer but I'm leaning towards a 'no' when referring back to the original question of whether I'd bring back Wellingham to the club or not as I don't think he's improved much since he left us in 2012 and of course he's from WA to start off with and not from Victoria.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:06 pm

His record since he left shows that the decision to trade him out for a draft pick was the correct call. His season has been recently ended by injury again. He's just turned 26, so as a mid-fielder who relies on his pace off the mark at the contest, he probably only has two or at most three seasons left where he might - all other things being equal - be expected to play at his peak.

On the other hand, that was my logic when the possibility of Heath Shaw being traded was first mooted last year, so perhaps we should take Wellers back and then on-trade him to GWS or another top 15 draft player.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:32 pm

Depends what you've have to give up for him doesn't it? If it was for something nominal/free agency then I'd definitely be interested. You could probably say he's flopped at West Coast but there's a good player in there and he's contributed well to us in the past.

That being said, it seems that there may have been off-field problems with Sharrod, so it depends on how much he's matured too. It'd be worth evaluating though in my opinion.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:10 pm

King Malta wrote:
Depends what you've have to give up for him doesn't it? If it was for something nominal/free agency then I'd definitely be interested. You could probably say he's flopped at West Coast but there's a good player in there and he's contributed well to us in the past.

That being said, it seems that there may have been off-field problems with Sharrod, so it depends on how much he's matured too. It'd be worth evaluating though in my opinion.

What IS the point if he feels homesick and wants to return to WA again?? Waste of bloody time IMO.... Rolling Eyes
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:54 pm

yes, provided it was with either a late draft pick or rookie draft pick. Sorry wellers, no trade.
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:45 am

Lazza wrote:
King Malta wrote:

What IS the point if he feels homesick and wants to return to WA again?? Waste of bloody time IMO.... Rolling Eyes

I'd say the bolded part of my post would answer that
Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:25 pm

He's done nothing but play average footy and injure himself since we traded him.... So no.
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:05 pm

He is the kind of player that in a A-Class side he is the cream that can go into the midfield or forward line and cause havoc for opponents. But i think as we have seen in a young side like West Coast thus far he is just not pulling his weight.....granted injuries have not helped his cause.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The Draft & Trade Moot (DTM) forum All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: