Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What pisses you off?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 513, 514, 515 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Got home tonight to find a letter from the local state Labor member telling me that under Napthine the local high school (and others) are dilapidated and falling apart and that Labor will fix the schools.

Really? Shocked No shit that the school is falling down but all that really happened in less than 4 years? It was all totally ship shape and well maintained prior to that? Really?

Unfortunately me and I'm sure a number of others remember that the state of the high school was an issue at the last state election. You know, the one when Labor had been in power for 11 years and spent that piss farting about while things deteriorated.

Get a fkn grip, surely this Liberal government has done enough legitimate stuff you can throw at them, you don't need to resort to blatant bullshit that anyone with an IQ over 60 and aren't suffering memory loss can see through?

Daniel Andrews worries me. I think he's a very good politician, AKA he's a slimy little shit who I wouldn't trust as far as I could spit him. It's taken a while to get to that point to be frank as at first I thought he was a breath of fresh air. Then I realised he was just another fart, the stench was just more subtle.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:29 pm

BIG work day.

Walking through the carpark at sanctuary lakes shopping centre, back to my car, which I always park in the furthest spot, and I don't see a ridgeback cross tied to a pole. As I go past, it goes nuts, barking, and lunging....and the lead snaps! Luckily I'm holding a dońa and pillows. It hits them, not me. Oh ****.

It's 4pm, there is little school kids everywhere, this is right next to the trolley drop, in the middle of the carpark, not near the door. No tags on the dog. Not that I'm getting close enough to see. So I'm fending off kids, and I ring my sister, the cop. She says it's ok to ring 000. So I do. Long story short, yes I'll wait and make sure the dog doesn't eat someone, or get run over.

You may have noticed, ITS $Ł$%^%%$ FREEZING. Little Italian lady comes up after about 15 bone chilling minutes (I'm dressed for work not footy, brrrr) and I explain. 5-10 min later, no cops but the owner rocks up. She looks like she's on drugs or something. Oh goodie. I explain what happens, or try to, but the Italian goes nuts, the ice queen gets in her face, and I'm like oh shit, my black eye just healed!

So I played peace maker, even though I wanted to strangle her for leaving the dog there. I suggested maybe not a good idea with all the dog knapp ping going on to leave him there. She says hold him, I'll get the lead. I'm like, ah, I'll get the lead!

So the poor old fella heads off home. I really hope she doesn't do it again.

And driving home, I get a song that reminds me of mum! Ah, life has been looking good, so ok, I get it, I'll back off! But I'm thanking my lucky stars I found the dog, not some shit that would kick it, and the fact that I remember all the good mum stuff now. Oh, and that bottle of Jim beam I bought!

Cheers

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:35 pm

^

goodonya. Seriously.

I don't think of dogs as people so I wouldn't have any issue in putting down a dangerous animal. or dog. I get that the poor thing has been probably conditioned to be that way, I just don't care about why in that situation.

Well done you.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

goodonya. Seriously.

I don't think of dogs as people so I wouldn't have any issue in putting down a dangerous animal. or dog. I get that the poor thing has been probably conditioned to be that way, I just don't care about why in that situation.

Well done you.

Cheers mate. And I totally get your opinion. I just wish people wouldn't condition them that way.

I used to have a bull terrier cross, I knew the sight of her scared people, so I made sure she was always on the lead, always contained, even though I knew she was just totally gorgeous (hey I raised her!). Same with my healer. It's people that are bad. And that makes me sad.

Thanks, means a lot xx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Hey, all good.

For mine, I'm going to ban my boss from taking leave. Bastard goes off on 2 1/2 weeks of leave and puts me in charge, FMD they come out of the woodwork, day 1.

First time I asked someone (rhetorically) when he was back was 8:30 this morning.

Then by the afternoon I had someone come to me with an issue and I worked through it with them with my boss hat on and they told me I was doing a great job of doing his job. My response was Damn, please shoot me now.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Why aren't medical researchers working on identifying the gene that causes otherwise seemingly reasonably intelligent people to have not grain of common sense! Evil or Very Mad

If they are looking for the perfect study cohort I would recommend they look no further than clinicians!!!!!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Why aren't medical researchers working on identifying the gene that causes otherwise seemingly reasonably intelligent people to have not grain of common sense! Evil or Very Mad

If they are looking for the perfect study cohort I would recommend they look no further than clinicians!!!!!!

When you say clinicians, I assume you include Nurses?

In my observation, worthless as it may be, there's often an inverse correlation between educational standard and common sense.

So Health is full of highly educated dumb pharks.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 pm

That was a phone call I wasn't expecting. I'm banning my boss from taking leave
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm guessing your boss wasn't expecting that!

So after the drama of yesterday, I walk out my front door today, and there's 2 little dogs going nuts on my doorstep! No one in sight.
I locked em in the empty block next door, and made some calls. Gees the RSPCA are a .....hmmm. I mean I got their number from one dogs collar, and they don't know anything about the rego number on it! 3 people waste of 1/2 an hour. So I ring a dog rescue group. She says try the council, so I call the council, they do a third party call, the owner just got home from work to find her hubby searching the streets about 2 Klm away. So they rock up, and pick up one dog and say thanks. I'm like, um, how about the other one? That's not our dog. OH.

So I take it too the vet, he's not chipped. He's a sweetie. I can't leave him for the dogs home, don't trust em after last time. So I take him home. Junior steals him away. Max my old dog is not happy. So I say, ok, we put up posters, put him on Facebook, and we keep him for the weekend. Man he was hungry. And tired. Molly doenst care ,she just wants her ball ball ball. Max got a little better. But then hubby walked in juniors room and said mucking around but gruff"don't park in my car spot" and the little fella does his nanna! So yeah, he's probably done his dash!

Seriously, do I have dog support group tattooed to my forehead?

Buggered. Spa time. Cheers

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:49 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Got home tonight to find a letter from the local state Labor member telling me that under Napthine the local high school (and others) are dilapidated and falling apart and that Labor will fix the schools.

Really? Shocked No shit that the school is falling down but all that really happened in less than 4 years? It was all totally ship shape and well maintained prior to that? Really?

Unfortunately me and I'm sure a number of others remember that the state of the high school was an issue at the last state election. You know, the one when Labor had been in power for 11 years and spent that piss farting about while things deteriorated.

Get a fkn grip, surely this Liberal government has done enough legitimate stuff you can throw at them, you don't need to resort to blatant bullshit that anyone with an IQ over 60 and aren't suffering memory loss can see through?

Daniel Andrews worries me. I think he's a very good politician, AKA he's a slimy little shit who I wouldn't trust as far as I could spit him. It's taken a while to get to that point to be frank as at first I thought he was a breath of fresh air. Then I realised he was just another fart, the stench was just more subtle.

I remember watching the last Election coverage and the bloke they were talking to from Labor seemed like a bit of a dickhead. Then I heard he became the new leader Laughing

Its a lot like the Fireys union making noise about station closures due to lack of recruiting and they want Labor back in. They fail to mention its due to a lack of senior firefighters who should have been recruited 10-15 years when Labor was in charge! You could recruit 1000 new fire fighters tomorrow, it still wont stop them being short of senior officers!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:49 pm

Well Ash is now back home with his owner. Hopefully they start by fixing the fence, getting him a tag at the very least, and deserving him.

Junior is shattered Sad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:08 pm

Telling someone who posted an ad for a housemate on Gumtree using a rather provocative photo of herself whom was them was sent some interesting offers from hardened men with pictures of their hardening non of which had any interest in her room that she should take some personal responsibility for her actions was offensive to her!

Another FB friend lost to the real world.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:11 pm

Nice day outside and I'm confined to barracks. I think I'm gonna have to go back to the osteo, something screwy is happening with my back.

No pain, full range of movement, everything working. After about 30 minutes of being on my feet walking, it starts to play up and spasm in the lower back for no reason, which just about knocks the legs out from under me if I don't have something nearby to grab.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:52 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Nice day outside and I'm confined to barracks. I think I'm gonna have to go back to the osteo, something screwy is happening with my back.

No pain, full range of movement, everything working. After about 30 minutes of being on my feet walking, it starts to play up and spasm in the lower back for no reason, which just about knocks the legs out from under me if I don't have something nearby to grab.

No good mate. Hopefully you recover well.

Massage from the Daily Planet should fix it Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:26 pm

^

Hah, that would certainly lighten the load. In my wallet. Wink

Actually decided on plan B. Take some ibuprofen to help with any inflammation and just go out in the garden anyway. Stayed mainly upright and did some pruning. All good.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 513, 514, 515 ... 717, 718, 719  Next
Page 514 of 719   

Jump to: