Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who stays who goes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Burns wrote:
I can't believe all the negative bullshit about Keefe.

Why?? Panics easily,Very unsure of what he is going to do when the ball comes near him. Panics when he has the ball.Is not particularly quick.Can't kick to save himself,or the team.I feel he has "Some"? currency as a trade OR,play him in the forward line and put Reid at CHB where he belongs,if he ever gets fit that is. Confused
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:10 pm

mudlark wrote:
Mr. Burns wrote:

Why?? Panics easily,Very unsure of what he is going to do when the ball comes near him. Panics when he has the ball.Is not particularly quick.Can't kick to save himself,or the team.I feel he has "Some"? currency as a trade OR,play him in the forward line and put Reid at CHB where he belongs,if he ever gets fit that is. Confused

Yeh - he is behaving like a player who has just come back after a knee reconstruction, a player that has played only 34 AFL games and is a senior member in a dysfunction backline that is riddled with injuries and manned with inexperienced players.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:48 pm

Keefe's goose-step is not the sign of a player who "panics when he has the ball".
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:59 pm

keefe's potential is phenomenal. i honestly have no words for people who criticise him.

will be an AA defender within 3 years, and then the fun will really start.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:07 pm

^^^ The problem some people seem to have is a lack of balance. I think LK is a fine player (I have been riding his wagon since I first saw him playing at CHB in the 2s) but I also felt he needed to be dropped on the 2 occasions he was this year. It should be possible to agree that someone had a bad game without declaring them to be trade bait.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Mr. Burns wrote:

Yeh - he is behaving like a player who has just come back after a knee reconstruction, a player that has played only 34 AFL games and is a senior member in a dysfunction backline that is riddled with injuries and manned with inexperienced players.

I DO detect a little sarcasm here,but ,my argument all along,is the horrendous injury toll we have,that has seen our entire backline,every member and then some,sidelined at some time during the season and we have had,cobbled together,a group of inexperienced youngsters,Keefe,Frost,Langdon,Thomas etc who have toiled manfully during the season,but are now finding the going a bit too much ,without experienced players to guide them. I am sure Keefe would be a hell of a lot better,even after a knee reco,?? if he had Reid,Maxwell Brown,etc around,week in week out,to help him with an obvious confidence thing,as a KP defender.
I will admit I have never been a fan of Keefe,although he was playing some good footy before he did his knee last season,but he had all the players I mentioned around him and his confidence was high.He would take the 3rd string forward rather than the first.But I'll not change my view that he panics and if you care to watch his kicking in skills in the Bulldogs game?? I think it was,you may agree with what I say. But anyway,that's my opinion and apparently ,I'm entitled to have one. Wink
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:01 pm

leonmagic wrote:
keefe's potential is phenomenal. i honestly have no words for people who criticise him.

will be an AA defender within 3 years, and then the fun will really start.

po·ten·tial (p-tnshl)
adj.
1. Capable of being but not yet in existence; latent: a potential problem.
2. Having possibility, capability, or power.
3. Grammar Of, relating to, or being a verbal construction with auxiliaries such as may or can; for example, it may snow.
Everyone has this Quality,particularly,Young AFL players.We NEED" Actual."
Shocked
Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Keefe stays for sure.

I can't for the life of me understand why he was bloody dropped after the Adelaide or GC games.

Dropping Keefe for Essendon rates with the most baffling selection decisions in my time watching Collingwood. Right down there with Tex Walker getting a game in the 2003 GF.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:53 pm

Flashman wrote:
Keefe stays for sure.

I can't for the life of me understand why he was bloody dropped after the Adelaide or GC games.

Dropping Keefe for Essendon rates with the most baffling selection decisions in my time watching Collingwood. Right down there with Tex Walker getting a game in the 2003 GF.

Can't argue with any of that.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:58 pm

I'm amazed at the hate Keefe, he's a future AA IMO.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:08 pm

mudlark wrote:
Mr. Burns wrote:

Odd that you've focused on his kicking as an issue. He's actually a good kick and has done well in keeping his composure when under pressure and not just hacking the ball out. Has he made some mistakes? Sure, but not so many that he'd be considered a liability. Keeffe and Langdon have been our two best users out of defense this year.

Where he does have a weakness is in man on man defending. He's just not strong enough at the moment and gets moved off the ball too easily. That can be a significant problem when he's the second defender and is the reason he was dropped after the Adelaide game (though was done no favours in that one and forced to play an unsuited role). As a third defender, where he should ideally play, he will be fine. The risk there is that he will be challenged by quicker, more mobile options, so he will need to improve his defensive work and attempt to take the number 2 spot. If Brown's available, that will be difficult.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:33 pm

mudlark wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Mr. Burns wrote:

I DO detect a little sarcasm here,but ,my argument all along,is the horrendous injury toll we have,that has seen our entire backline,every member and then some,sidelined at some time during the season and we have had,cobbled together,a group of inexperienced youngsters,Keefe,Frost,Langdon,Thomas etc who have toiled manfully during the season,but are now finding the going a bit too much ,without experienced players to guide them. I am sure Keefe would be a hell of a lot better,even after a knee reco,?? if he had Reid,Maxwell Brown,etc around,week in week out,to help him with an obvious confidence thing,as a KP defender.
I will admit I have never been a fan of Keefe,although he was playing some good footy before he did his knee last season,but he had all the players I mentioned around him and his confidence was high.He would take the 3rd string forward rather than the first.But I'll not change my view that he panics and if you care to watch his kicking in skills in the Bulldogs game?? I think it was,you may agree with what I say. But anyway,that's my opinion and apparently ,I'm entitled to have one. Wink

You do have the right to an opinion and many of your points have validity. He does seem to get flustered at times but I also think that he will improve as he matures. Like all young players he is a worlk in progress but when considering what has been asked of him he has coped well most of the time. I think he will be a quality and solid player for us in the future.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:36 am

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Darkstranger wrote:
The small forward has to be Saad, we need to really make a play for this guy, can play when fit.

The worst thing that can happen is that a team like Hawthorn, Sydney or Fremantle pick him up with the depth they already have.

He'll come cheap and at only 24 a bargin.

Definitely, well worth a look

Ummm... this guy would have an absolute picnic in our rabble forward line.

Dyso
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:39 am

Clarke will be gone
Brenny 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:43 am

I'm going down another path...

I say we need to remove players who have little to no skill at all. I don't care how athletic you are, but if your basic ball handling skills and decision making are terrible, you need to go.

If you mark the ball 30m out from goal and you go to handball it over the top and stuff it up; you need to go. A player 30m out, whoever you are, should be taking a shot!

Now I get that this is the start of a plan (whatever that may be), but included in this plan should be players who have some skill.

Now I'd be staggered if we don't use a first round pick on Darcey Moore, so we need to either trade or find ways to get another first round pick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6   

Jump to: