Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 14 - Collingwood vs Werribee at Victoria Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Good win but god out Goal Kicking was Terrible.

1.11 in the 3rd Qtr. Not Good Enough

not that black and white. don't just judge by the numbers.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:43 pm

Anyone know who picks the best players on the pies web site?

Broomy 36 possessions & was epic. Martin very good again despite being tagged, yet neither are mentioned in the best players. :O
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 pm

woftam wrote:

Broomy 36 possessions & was epic. Martin very good again despite being tagged, yet neither are mentioned in the best players. :O

Buckley. Wink

Blair forever!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:56 pm

woftam wrote:

No Idea - I don’t even look at the Bests

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:48 am

Are Werribee any good or did we play very well apart from goal kicking

Thanks to all for the reports

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:21 am

neil wrote:
Are Werribee any good or did we play very well apart from goal kicking

Thanks to all for the reports

they were third, we were sixth. one game separating the teams.

this was a very good win by us. the conditions were dreadful. wind and the rain came in sideways. it was all about getting territory. we dominated for most of the game.

Jace Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:38 pm

Hopefully we have seen enough to finally give a few of these kids a run in the seniors next game. To many players in there are resting on past performances & not deserving their spots in there
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Belatedly, here are my player reviews...

1. Alex Fasolo
Didn't look out of place on return from injury (again). Gathered a reasonable amount of the ball and in trying conditions was probably our best user of it. Along with Reid, was 'subbed out' at three quarter time. Back in the seniors after the bye, for mine.

4. Brodie Grundy
I thought he had a good game, all things considered. Played most of the match injured with what seemed to be a corked thigh, which was heavily strapped. Spent considerable periods each quarter on the bench and was rotated deep forward later in the game, where the cork really hampered his ability to lead.

As for the ruck, however, he faced both the VFL-listed Dylan Jones and Majak Daw and arguably beat both for tapwork. Whether he comes back into the seniors depends on when and where the coach wants to use Reid and whether or not he returns to a 3 talls forward setup.

20. Ben Reid
Kicked 2 goals and played the better part of three quarters before being subbed out at three quarter time. Looked like he had shrugged off that corked calf well enough and moved pretty well. Did get caught behind on more than just one or two occasions through. Had Wilson and Mihocek rotating on him, while the Werribee backs also had the benefit of a loose man who we kept kicking it to...

A good game. But the big question is, is he ready now?

23. Lachlan Keeffe
It was a stupid decision to drop him and on Saturday he showed why. Spent the majority of the game on Majak Daw and clearly beat him, keeping body contact at all times and not allowing Daw to get away from him. What marks and possessions Daw did get were defensive side of the wing.

Comes straight back in for mine, particularly with Adelaide's talls. Just don't put him on Jenkins again...

27. Tony Armstrong
I actually didn't mind his game, believe it or not. He racked up a fair bit of the footy playing in defence. The small forward experiment seems to have gone by the wayside. He'll never learn to not give his opponent 20 metres of space, so the coach staff seem to have compensated for this by playing him as a loose man sweeper.

As fellow poster Kosh said, it was probably his best game to date as a Magpie, but getting voted BoG? Don't make me laugh, he wasn't that good!

29. Timothy Broomhead
Behind Fasolo, Tim was the only player who looked like doing something with the football besides just banging it long into space. Really came alight in the 2nd half, gathering a ton of the ball and used it pretty well (although he did have a couple of WTF moments). Probably has done enough to be in consideration for the seniors. Me, I just want him back in there and NOT as the sub! We need good users of the ball in there, pronto!

31. Jackson Ramsay
Decent game from Ramma. Liked his physicality and his willingness to take the game on when he does get it. His only real mistake was a turnover that gifted them their first goal. I wonder if he might get a look in late against GWS?

37. Kyle Martin
Back in after a week out with a calf strain, and boy we needed him! Copped a hard tag from Tim McGenniss in the first half and absolutely ran him ragged. They dropped the tag at half time and just decided to let him roam free. Gathered a ton and a half of the ball (again), effected some hard tackles (again) and was a potent avenue to the scoreboard (again). Inaccuracy blunted his damage there though, returning 1 goal 3 behinds, by my count.

He done more than enough to be considered for the seniors. Curiously, he was in deep conversation with Buckley as the team headed down the rooms after the game, although the coach might have just been concerned about the knock Martin took to the face just before the siren...

38. Peter Yagmoor
Not the best of games from Yags, which is a pity. Probably wasn't the day to be a defender, though. Our boys did pretty well to defend the corridor and across the wings, so you can perhaps say he was starved of opportunity.

Still uses it pretty well when he does get the ball. Shirked a couple of contests, which won't do in a prospective back pocket. Hope he bounces back and sees out the season in some decent form.

44. Corey Gault
It wasn't the day for tall blokes, but Gault did as well as could be expected. Spent quite a bit of time further afield in the ruck covering for Grundy. Thought he drew even with Jones but was bested by Daw, on that front. Kicked the goal of the day from in front of the Bob Rose Stand, when a loose ball got over the back. He paddled it to his own advantage, lashed a foot to it, and the magic of an oval shaped ball skidding on a wet deck did the rest. Nice.

All in all, a reasonable performance. Hopefully he can give us something a bit more in a fortnight's time.

46. Jonathon Marsh
Brilliant one minute, facepalm-worthy the next, is how I'd summarise his game. Took quite a few intercept marks in defence and seemed to benefit from having both Keeffe and Riddle to help him out. His ball use is truly toss of the coin stuff, either clearing the defensive 50 or going lace-out to an opponent 20 metres away.

Such a curious case of a footballer. He alone is worth going to the VFL just to see him play and develop from one week to the next.

48. Caolan Mooney
Had a decent game in conditions that would have probably made him nostalgic for his homeland. Kicked a couple of truly brilliant goals and gave good pressure to lock the ball in our front arc. His speed, as always, was just a thing of beauty to watch. Looked like he was running on top of the grass at times!

Just needs to keep on delivering these kinds of performances if he's to get another year.

From our VFL boys...

- Loved Jack Hellier's game. Just kept bustling in all day. Was a game that suited his style of play. Him and Moloney more than made up for Suckling's absence.

- Ferguson was pivotal in setting up forward entries, although he didn't return a goal himself.

- Nick Riddle had Ben Warren and did well to hold him to 1 goal, which in itself came about because of an errant Jackson Ramsay, so it actually makes Riddle's game all that more impressive.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:51 am

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-07-15/vfl-mcraes-player-review

Just a lazy 38 disposals and 15 clearances for Martin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: