Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 13 - Blues vs Collingwood at Preston City Oval

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Thank you Magpie Bat.

Unable to go or follow it on-screen today due to work commitments on my day off gaddamnit. Wonderful to follow after the game. Greatly appreciated.

Suggestion for next time though: Can you post a win please Wink

No worries WPT.

What do you mean? I've posted wins the majority of the time this year! Wink
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Karnezis has kicked more goals than today and not got a look in so it'll be surprising if he gets a call up.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Just got him, disappointing day in many ways, not seeing Freeman or Martin, then the injuries occurring during the game that cost us the win.

Short review;

5; Maxwell; Was out there for the run and was bought off every now and then, including the last 15 minutes. Typical Maxy though, won plenty of contests, intercepted the ball a lot and used it well. Should play seniors next week.
9; Clarke; Knocked out in the first 10 minutes of the game, wasn't seen again.
18; White; Played on Waite for the first 3 quarters then was switched forward. Played well I thought, did well on Waite and will be in contention for selection next week.
20; Reid; Went off before half time with "the injury". Looked tentative before that and didn't have a lot of the ball. Missed one set shot.
27; Armstrong; one of the better VFL games he's played for us, broke the lines and used the ball well.
29; Broomhead; OUR BEST. Won the hardball and used it well all day, was tagged in the second half after being BOG in the first half yet found a way to break free, especially in the last quarter, I'd bring him in next week.
31; Ramsay; Was given the job on Garlett and held him for three quarters before getting smashed in the last quarter.
33; Karnezis; Got a cut on the leg early on and had it strapped around the calf for the rest of the game. Worked hard up forward and got 4 goals in the end. Definitely in contention.
38; Yagmoor; Hardly noticed him, did a few nice things but doesn't do enough.
44; Gault; One of the better games I've seen him play. Played as a forward and second ruck and at times beat Wood in the ruck. He's improving.
46; Marsh; Not his best day but didn't get beat a lot one on one which is his role now.
48; Mooney; Kicked 3 goals but didn't do much else. Ran hard at times but went missing completely for big parts of the game.

Hellier, Williams, Howe and Ferguson were good of the VFL listed players.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:21 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Siren.

FULL TIME.

Bluescumfilthcheatscarnts 16.9.105
Collingwood 12.15.87

Over to you...

Our club goal kicking is nothing short of disgraceful. If the club won't do something about this then the members should revolt. Practice makes perfect, and our forwards should practice shooting for goal until their feet bleed or until they get it right. Evil or Very Mad

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:34 pm

ok i didnt go to the game today had stuff to do.

BUT i read that white played in the backline? this is a guy who has played forward and in ruck, is playing in backline WTF!!! we clearly need someone to help cloke so why is white in backline.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:36 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
jessfootball wrote:
did anyone see reid's injury?
was it a knock or a strain?

It's being reported as a corky.

Which, given it's Ben Reid, is almost as bad as an amputation...

He's been taken downstairs and shot behind a screen. He'll be cremated on Thursday and the club website will show him as "cork - 2 weeks"

Laughing Laughing

Damn near post of the year, that !!

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:06 pm

karnezis 2 weeks away
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:15 pm

collie dog wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Siren.

FULL TIME.

Bluescumfilthcheatscarnts 16.9.105
Collingwood 12.15.87

Over to you...

Our club goal kicking is nothing short of disgraceful. If the club won't do something about this then the members should revolt. Practice makes perfect, and our forwards should practice shooting for goal until their feet bleed or until they get it right. Evil or Very Mad

you were there were you?

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:20 pm

mattys123 wrote:
Just got him, disappointing day in many ways, not seeing Freeman or Martin, then the injuries occurring during the game that cost us the win.

Short review;

5; Maxwell; Was out there for the run and was bought off every now and then, including the last 15 minutes. Typical Maxy though, won plenty of contests, intercepted the ball a lot and used it well. Should play seniors next week.
9; Clarke; Knocked out in the first 10 minutes of the game, wasn't seen again.
18; White; Played on Waite for the first 3 quarters then was switched forward. Played well I thought, did well on Waite and will be in contention for selection next week.
20; Reid; Went off before half time with "the injury". Looked tentative before that and didn't have a lot of the ball. Missed one set shot.
27; Armstrong; one of the better VFL games he's played for us, broke the lines and used the ball well.
29; Broomhead; OUR BEST. Won the hardball and used it well all day, was tagged in the second half after being BOG in the first half yet found a way to break free, especially in the last quarter, I'd bring him in next week.
31; Ramsay; Was given the job on Garlett and held him for three quarters before getting smashed in the last quarter.
33; Karnezis; Got a cut on the leg early on and had it strapped around the calf for the rest of the game. Worked hard up forward and got 4 goals in the end. Definitely in contention.
38; Yagmoor; Hardly noticed him, did a few nice things but doesn't do enough.
44; Gault; One of the better games I've seen him play. Played as a forward and second ruck and at times beat Wood in the ruck. He's improving.
46; Marsh; Not his best day but didn't get beat a lot one on one which is his role now.
48; Mooney; Kicked 3 goals but didn't do much else. Ran hard at times but went missing completely for big parts of the game.

Hellier, Williams, Howe and Ferguson were good of the VFL listed players.

Just home, agree with that. Loved Broomy's game. They got on top when we ran out of players. They had some handy senior players running around in their team so thought we were doing well to be leading early. Wood probably best on ground for them. Disappointed Freeman and Martin didn't make the team.
DT 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:28 pm

Very disappointed with the moderator taking down a post that Kmart and Freeman wouldn't play before the game which I got from another source- not Bigfooty.

Glad we are getting some players back nevertheless and thanks MagpieBat for your excellent updates

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:48 pm

mattys123 wrote:

Other than that panicked spray in the last qtr when he was in space but threw it on the boot for a long point only for them to take it the length of the ground and kick a goal, very costly that one.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:13 am

eddiesmith wrote:
mattys123 wrote:

Other than that panicked spray in the last qtr when he was in space but threw it on the boot for a long point only for them to take it the length of the ground and kick a goal, very costly that one.

And the time in the 3rd when he picked up a guy coming off their I/C bench with the ball deep in our F50 and refused to get within 20 metres of him and he ended up being on the end of a fast break and getting an easy goal...

And the time in the 3rd when he streamed through the midfield and rather than use outside loose runners chose to put the ball on Fergusons head when he was 1 out against Armfield who marked and they took it the length of the field and goaled...

But against what I've come to expect from him, it was one of the best performances he's had at the club, that I've seen anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: