Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VFL at Morwell Rec Reserve - this Saturday

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
^^^^

So Myki Works on V-Line?

Well I see what happens rest of the week. The Forecast of Strong Wind and Rain. Does not Appeal a lot to me to Travel that Far.

Thanks for Info

No worries, Dave.

Yes, myki works on V/Line. That's (one) reason why it was brought in.

Thanks for the Info.

See what Happens but is Highly Unlikely to go but Info is there if I need it

Would it change your mind if Grundy is playing? I know how you love him... Smile
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:32 pm

there should be some info about this game going up on the cfc website soon.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:33 pm

John Wren wrote:
there should be some info about this game going up on the cfc website soon.

Wonder if they will have Magpie Radio?

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:58 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Would go but have no one to take me and Trains be too Tricky

Nothing tricky about changing at Caulfield for the Traralgon/Barinsdale line. And it's only a 5-10 minute walk from Morwell station to the ground.

Come one, Dave, where's your sense of adventure? Smile

Do you have Times for the V-Line Line and How much is a Ticket for the day?

As a matter of fact, I do! Smile

Traralgon line timetable:

http://www.vline.com.au/pdf/timetables/traralgon.pdf

I'd recommend the 10:44 from Caulfield, unless you want to make a day of it in Morwell and get an earlier service.

Coming back, I'd recommend the 18:14 from Morwell (seeing as it's the first service after the approximate finishing time of the match). This one will get you back to Caulfield a little bit quicker, as it's the express service from Bairnsdale. And it has a buffet car as well! I hear they sell good Twisties... Wink

Tickets? I assume you have a topped-up myki? Are you a concession holder?

http://ptv.vic.gov.au/tickets/regional-fares/

If you're a concession holder, a two-way trip will cost $16.80, and seeing as your trip will occur during off-peak time, you will apparently get a 30% discount.

Of course, you have to add your metro fare from Frankston to Caulfield (and back again) on top of that, but that's only a couple of dollars extra.

As for getting from Morwell station to the ground, I provided walking directions in the game thread, or you can just catch a taxi.

According to JW, you can get in to the ground for free if you're a Collingwood member, which is handy.

I'd recommend a good boozer to fill in time between stops in your journey, but seeing as you're not a drinker, I'll just say there are a number of shops at which you can get a soft drink. Or Twisties... Smile

MB, I'm planning a trip to Berlin via Ho Chi Minh City; got a read on the best flights and sights? Wink

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Would go but have no one to take me and Trains be too Tricky

Nothing tricky about changing at Caulfield for the Traralgon/Barinsdale line. And it's only a 5-10 minute walk from Morwell station to the ground.

Come one, Dave, where's your sense of adventure? Smile

Do you have Times for the V-Line Line and How much is a Ticket for the day?

As a matter of fact, I do! Smile

Traralgon line timetable:

http://www.vline.com.au/pdf/timetables/traralgon.pdf

I'd recommend the 10:44 from Caulfield, unless you want to make a day of it in Morwell and get an earlier service.

Coming back, I'd recommend the 18:14 from Morwell (seeing as it's the first service after the approximate finishing time of the match). This one will get you back to Caulfield a little bit quicker, as it's the express service from Bairnsdale. And it has a buffet car as well! I hear they sell good Twisties... Wink

Tickets? I assume you have a topped-up myki? Are you a concession holder?

http://ptv.vic.gov.au/tickets/regional-fares/

If you're a concession holder, a two-way trip will cost $16.80, and seeing as your trip will occur during off-peak time, you will apparently get a 30% discount.

Of course, you have to add your metro fare from Frankston to Caulfield (and back again) on top of that, but that's only a couple of dollars extra.

As for getting from Morwell station to the ground, I provided walking directions in the game thread, or you can just catch a taxi.

According to JW, you can get in to the ground for free if you're a Collingwood member, which is handy.

I'd recommend a good boozer to fill in time between stops in your journey, but seeing as you're not a drinker, I'll just say there are a number of shops at which you can get a soft drink. Or Twisties... Smile

MB, I'm planning a trip to Berlin via Ho Chi Minh City; got a read on the best flights and sights? Wink

Cute. Laughing
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:25 pm

why did this get moved? i know there is a vfl forum but i put it on the main page to drum up awareness and support for this game.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:53 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
^^^^

So Myki Works on V-Line?

Well I see what happens rest of the week. The Forecast of Strong Wind and Rain. Does not Appeal a lot to me to Travel that Far.

Thanks for Info

No worries, Dave.

Thanks for the Info.

Would it change your mind if Grundy is playing? I know how you love him... Smile

Grundy's been selected for the senior side this week despite him having an ordinary game last week in the VFL.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:07 am

Jezza wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
^^^^

So Myki Works on V-Line?

Thanks for Info

No worries, Dave.

Thanks for the Info.

Grundy's been selected for the senior side this week despite him having an ordinary game last week in the VFL.

Club did not say he had a Ordinary Game. It was Non Consistence Game

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:11 am

However you want to word it Dave, Grundy didn't play a great game on Sunday. Sure he may have shown a bit at some stages but hardly a performance that warrants a return to the senior side unless someone like White or Witts are out this week and hence we need a tall player like Grundy to cover that loss.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:47 am

It was a bloody ordinary game, but Buckley wants to play a taller forward line (quite rightly, in my opinion). And since we aren't exactly brimming with fit and healthy talls, than means Grundy comes in, albeit very lucky to do so.

Were we blessed with the luxury of a fully fit list, I'm quite confident in saying that Grundy would be on the bus to Morwell on Saturday...

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:48 am

Jezza wrote:
However you want to word it Dave, Grundy didn't play a great game on Sunday. Sure he may have shown a bit at some stages but hardly a performance that warrants a return to the senior side unless someone like White or Witts are out this week and hence we need a tall player like Grundy to cover that loss.

I think we look more balanced with 3x tall forwards. Goldsack is 193cm but he hardly plays tall. We've been a bit hamstrung for alternatives with Reid and Karnezis in particular being injured. The Cloke-White-Witts/Grundy is it. Yes it has limitation because of the relative inexperience of the rucks but it is what it is. The games we're getting into Witts and Grundy will be like gold going forward.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:04 am

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:

I think we look more balanced with 3x tall forwards. Goldsack is 193cm but he hardly plays tall. We've been a bit hamstrung for alternatives with Reid and Karnezis in particular being injured. The Cloke-White-Witts/Grundy is it. Yes it has limitation because of the relative inexperience of the rucks but it is what it is. The games we're getting into Witts and Grundy will be like gold going forward.

Ah, 360's favourite sound bite!

We'll make a coach out of you yet... Wink
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Jezza wrote:

Do you expect more from a 20 Year Old Ruckman. They take awhile to play out a Game

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:37 pm

I completely agree that for structural reasons Grundy probably should be playing especially if Witts or Cloke are unable to play but I'm saying that based on last week's form in the VFL, Grundy's return to the senior side would be lucky for him personally. After reading the final changes today, it looks like Grundy hasn't made the side but who knows what will happen with a late withdrawal still possible.

Dave, ruckman usually don't fully develop until about the age of 26-28 so Grundy will take time but I have no doubt he'll be a gun in a few years time. He's a special talent with a bright future ahead of him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: