Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nathan Freeman injury

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slangman 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:46 pm
Post subject: Nathan Freeman injuryReply with quote

Just read that he is still listed as 4 weeks away from returning after getting a hamstring injury 2 months ago....seriously concerning especially considering that his leg speed is one of his key assets.
I would like the club to be a little more upfront about a hamstring injury that usually takes 3-4 weeks recovery time.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I saw it on 360 he was doing Full Training
Darkstranger 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:24 pm

As much as I would like to see him play, there is really no rush for the young kids, second half of the year all things gone well, we should see Scharenberg, Freeman, Oxley, Broomhead & Ramsay light up the "G" or at least get game time.
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:38 pm

eade talked about it in one of his weekly videos and said it was more then just a hammy tear. When they scanned it there was some tendon damage I think so his time on the side was extended
Stupied 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:03 pm

Steve86 wrote:
eade talked about it in one of his weekly videos and said it was more then just a hammy tear. When they scanned it there was some tendon damage I think so his time on the side was extended

Yep. The club have been perfectly upfront about why it's taking extra time, they have Eade talking about it on the website.

There was ligament damage and they're taking a cautious approach because if the ligament tears it's way worse long term than a standard torn hammy.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:57 am

These guys are our future hopefully and even though it's bloody frustrating, competition for spots has already begun among our young brigade with the Taylor Adams dilemma this week. There is zero rush on these guys. Freeman and berg have a lot of footy ahead of them and need to be 110% right before beginning the rest of thier career let alone 2014.

Done get me wrong however, can't wait to see them in the big time and it is frustrating but patience is necessary here.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:08 am

Yes, the club didnt jump up and down but there was info given if you wanted ton find it.
I posted after the geelong practice game the the injury was not just a 3-4 week hammy and that ghere was more damage.
They will be taking their time with him and so they should. We want a 200 game player.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:18 pm

It was a tendon injury & they are being careful with him. Good call I think.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:06 pm

Read somewhere that he had more than just knicked it, he'd torn the some of the ligament off the bone and that takes a long time to get right.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:48 pm

Really want to see Freeman and his mate Scharenberg on the park. Not because they're the newest young things, but because they both have attributes we could really do with: the explosive pace of Freeman (seems the ideal Daisy replacement, minus the overhead marking) and the quality kicking of Scharenberg from defense.

We've started to address the kicking from defense with Young and Fasolo (also Seedsman to return). But the explosive pace of Freeman is sorely lacking. We pretty much have Herry, who is having an excellent year, but does need some line-breaking support. It's for this reason I think that Kennedy also needs to be playing and that Sinclair is an important part of our 22. Add Freeman, Kennedy and Sinclair alongside Herry, and we're looking a darn sight quicker than we do right now. Mooney's the other option of course if he makes it.

For mine, we've never recovered from the loss of Wellingham, Leon, Daisy, and even Didak and Krakouer. We're a team lacking flair and pace at the moment and need to start bringing some of it back.

Beast 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:17 am

Spoke to Nate last night and things haven't gone according to plan with his hammy tendon injury... He's still some time away from resuming full training and is about 4/5 weeks from playing VFL if everything goes well from now on. He's clearly frustrated and itching to get out there but has to take it very easy for now.
He also reckons the boys are pretty confident for today's game and our seconds should smash Coburg. And Swanny is 100% percent fit just taking some time to hit his straps.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:28 am

That's pretty interesting info beast.

Me liking the sound of that for today's game!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: