Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 481, 482, 483 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

1061 wrote:
EBB wrote:
Quote:
stui magpie wrote:
you need a cert 4 to be able to wipe an arse.

You need cert4 to tie a shoe lace and burn toast. Times are a changing.

You certainly don't need a food handlers cert to prepare and cook a meal for the clients. Not sure what cert you need to burn toast though.

Experience suggests at least a degree. Wink

EBB 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:36 pm

1061 wrote:
EBB wrote:
Quote:
stui magpie wrote:

You certainly don't need a food handlers cert to prepare and cook a meal for the clients. Not sure what cert you need to burn toast though.
Yeah, I was referring to the cert 4 Stu was referring to. FFS! I'll let ya all talkbackandforward, then you'll be back to my point, gee wiz.
EBB 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:38 pm

stui magpie wrote:
1061 wrote:
EBB wrote:
Quote:
stui magpie wrote:

Your daughter?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:54 pm

EBB wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
1061 wrote:
EBB wrote:
Quote:
stui magpie wrote:

Your daughter?

No, dickheads at work with degrees and above who managed to burn toast and have the fire brigade attend and charge like a wounded bull for a false alarm. Funny it hasn't happened with my staff yet where the highest qual is probably year 10. Wink

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:02 pm

EBB wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
1061 wrote:
EBB wrote:
Quote:
stui magpie wrote:

Your daughter?

Nah I reckon it's doctors and nurses - I would have said health service managers but they struggle with working out how to get the bread in the toaster so burning it is a major achievement Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
The Melbourne office is based in Footscray, they're a subsidiary of a charitable society. Initials are AHC. I'll PM you the details if you want.

She's been over them for 18 months but is hanging in there because she's studying online for a diploma so once she gets that qual it's sayonara. Health care is such an overly regulated industry, you need a cert 4 to be able to wipe an arse.

Yes that would be grand Stui. Rolling Eyes Shocked

Then your daughter can be paid even less & have worse condtions that she's working now.

It's an uttely exploitative industry especially where your daughter & 1061 work - not specifically but mainly. Too many unskilled workers merely reflect the fact that we as in our society doesn't give a sh*t about the eldelry, the poor elderly especially, the homeless & the disabled. That's why we pay them so little, & house people in poor facilities in the main.

Please explain the sarcasm and the other bolded bit? I must have missed something.

I'm reasonably familiar with all of the public health sector EBA employment conditions, I'd be intrigued to know where she'd get worse pay and conditions other than packing shelves in an Indian warehouse.

In regard to unskilled, unqualified and unskilled are two different things.

De-regulation will lead to poorer wages for workers than the pre-existing low pay that they currently receive.

(Your lot have removed or are in the process of removing the long overdue pay rises that Gillard was giving to NGO workers - who are severely underpaid now. It was also a recognition that women (mostly) with quals getting (traditionally) low pay).

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:06 am

think positive wrote:
You will have to tell us what games you'll be the so we can say hello, cheers, good luck with the gig

Sure will. At present the only game I'm getting to is the Pies and Eagles one. But I will check and see who the Pies have the second time I'm in Melbourne. Smile

The plan is to fully move to Melbourne within the next year, hopefully starting a paid career in the media. I think there's no real hope in Tasmania of this, so I have to expand.

It would appear the Human Rights show on Edge Radio has been approved, heading to the station sometime to look around then May 1st will get inducted as an Amnesty International volunteer, May 6thj begin radio training. May 22nd I'm meant to both finish and fly to Melbourne.

I am hoping my other show ideas have a good chance of airing, getting high praise from other people for my show already on Mix It Up Radio, so hopefully that transfers to Edge.

Also today I got an email saying I'd won a Wrestlemania prize pack from their 30 days of Wrestlemania give away. That's kinda cool, since I thought I'd not won anything from that. Wink

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:11 am

It is a pleasure to introduce myself to you, hoping my other show ideas have a good chance of airing getting high praise.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:47 am

The Prototype wrote:
think positive wrote:
You will have to tell us what games you'll be the so we can say hello, cheers, good luck with the gig

Sure will. At present the only game I'm getting to is the Pies and Eagles one. But I will check and see who the Pies have the second time I'm in Melbourne. Smile

The plan is to fully move to Melbourne within the next year, hopefully starting a paid career in the media. I think there's no real hope in Tasmania of this, so I have to expand.

It would appear the Human Rights show on Edge Radio has been approved, heading to the station sometime to look around then May 1st will get inducted as an Amnesty International volunteer, May 6thj begin radio training. May 22nd I'm meant to both finish and fly to Melbourne.

I am hoping my other show ideas have a good chance of airing, getting high praise from other people for my show already on Mix It Up Radio, so hopefully that transfers to Edge.

Also today I got an email saying I'd won a Wrestlemania prize pack from their 30 days of Wrestlemania give away. That's kinda cool, since I thought I'd not won anything from that. Wink

Wow well done, you've really worked hard to get what you want, enjoy your prize, cheers xxx

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:46 am

Having the weekend off & going to the footy!
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:00 pm

^ Same here WPT Smile

The Prototype wrote:
think positive wrote:

Great stuff mate! If you sit at the Ponsford end I'll buy you a beer! Very Happy

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:19 pm

Where are you guys sitting? I'm probably going to be there too. Smile
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:29 pm

If this is referring to the Eagles game then I'll be sitting in m33 behind the goals next to the cheersquad.

For today's game it's the same spot as well because it's our home game obviously.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Cool! Just today's gameperhaps I'll come down and say hi. I'll probably be stuck on the third level behind the opposite goalposts as usual. Neutral

Do you have a typical spot to hang out at half-time?

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:05 pm

Who is the best ?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 481, 482, 483 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 482 of 866   

Jump to: