Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Game Day. Pies v. Cats - Changes, updates, comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shwany 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:57 am
Post subject: Game Day. Pies v. Cats - Changes, updates, comments.Reply with quote

When u look at the top 8 from last year you have to think who will drop out and who will come in.

For me it looks like west coast and essendon will be those two incoming teams.

The teams going out is a bit harder to predict but I would say Carlton is out and either us port or Richmond.

We play Geelong Richmond Roos and essendon in the next four game, these are all potential top 8 sides. These are must win games.

We must win a minimum of 2 of these. I would've taken 1 win against freo and sydney heading into the season.

Tonight is crucial a win tonight would give us a lot of momentum for the next month. If we can do well and ease Reid brown etc in after the buy and finish strong against those weaker teams, who knows how far we can go.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Every interview you hear from Bucks, you hear him say we are still targeting top four. These are must win games. If we pull it off it will be even better given that we are playing with out depth at the moment.

I can't wait until we have a full squad fit and firing.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:02 pm
Post subject: Game Day. Pies v. Cats - Changes, updates, comments.Reply with quote

Tonight.

MCG. 7.40

Collingwood v. Geelong.

Selected team.

B: Heritier Lumumba, Jack Frost, Nick Maxwell
HB: Alan Toovey, Lachlan Keeffe, Tom Langdon
C: Alex Fasolo, Dane Swan, Clinton Young
HF: Scott Pendlebury, Jesse White, Brent Macaffer
F: Jamie Elliott, Travis Cloke, Sam Dwyer

Foll: Brodie Grundy, Luke Ball, Dayne Beams

Int: Tyson Goldsack, Jarryd Blair, Taylor Adams, Steele Sidebottom

Emg: Ben Kennedy, Marty Clarke, Jarrod Witts

IN: Alex Fasolo, Lachlan Keeffe
OUT: Nathan Brown (shoulder), Ben Sinclair (hamstring)

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Pies by 33pts

Adams to have a Breakout Game.

Blair as sub

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:00 pm

This game is absolutely season defining, it will tell us a lot about where we are. If we lose, having defeated the Swans in their nest, it will tell us were going to have another WLWLWLWL season, like 2013.
That said no other club has to start the season with 3 games against top 4 sides. No one. Not Hawthorn, not free, not Geelong or the Swans, just us.

How come?

Given that the start of a season can set the tone for the rest of the year I'd say that's a pretty big deal.

Once again we play Essendon & Carlton twice. Are we all aware that we have played Carlton only once in a season ONE single time, in 1991? in a hundred seasons there is but one year when we played Carlton only once, and that season, 1991, was one of just 2 times we only played Essendon once.

So those two are a formality, our other "doubles" are Hawthorn, West Coast, & Adelaide.

In fact we don't play a side that didn’t make the 8 - or the log jam for 9th, until after the bye, round 10 or 11 I think. Hawthoen, Freo, Geelong, Sydney, Richmond, Port, ALL have easier starts to the year.

And it isn't a "one off" either, we got screwed like this every season since we got back into the 8 in 2007.

Who knows, we might fare better after Pigboy Demetriou walks away with his mighty "Golden Parachute"

And that’s the other thing that really boils my butt. That lying pig is going to get to walk away with a massive payout and lots of tributes and accolades, when he should have been thrown in jail or at least thrown out of his 2 million a year job ages ago! Can we impeach him? He has been a blight on our game, treating it like his own personal fiefdom, changing rules as he pleases and spending his days thinking of clever ways to NOT answer questions.

Sorry, got a tad off topic there! But yeah, if we lose it then becomes a matter of how we lose. A two point thriller would bode better than a flogging where we kick 3.25, but I would still bet the farm we once again kick more points than goals, even if we win.
and it certainly isn't impossible. We've had the wood on them since 2011, but we are a nervous team with huge culture problems, something Geelong love to take advantage of.

Once again it will simply be a matter of kicking. Kick straight-ish, we win, kick badly, we lose.

It really is a very simple game. Kick straight and you win. Each week we see a couple of sides kick themselves out of games, Freo last night, Carlton last week, Us in Rd.1

Please guys, just kick straight, this game WILL be decided in the first quarter.

Don't bet the farm on us. If you need a bet take the undefeated Saints against WCE at $15. Don't spend the kids Uni fund, as it's unlikely, but it's possible and you don't often get 15s in a 2 horse race!

Go Pies, tear those jerkoffs a new one!!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:15 pm

very GOOD points, we have a lousy draw, if I hear some other fan from another team banging on bout our "easy" draw I will farking spew. !!

Having said that, I just want us to have a red, red hot go, against these arrongant mongrels, hit em hard, pressure, pressure and more pressure, ala the 2010 Prelim !
Woods by 14 points. Cool Exclamation

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:33 pm

Getting Ready to go soon
Beast 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:54 pm

We'll need to improve our skills by about 20% and bring last week's attitude to make it a tight contest, failure to do so will result in a regulation 5/6 goals win for the Cats.

Go the Maggies.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Cats haven't beaten us since 2011 grand final right?

Maybe the Pies made a pact just like the cats did against the Hawks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: