Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

TAYLOR ADAMS.....who is he.....???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:37 pm
Post subject: TAYLOR ADAMS.....who is he.....???Reply with quote

Okay, I have to admit I don't know much at all about Taylor Adams (yet!) so if anyone has any info, goss or photos they'd like to share, please post them in this thread (or feel free to create a new thread in this forum).

Here's hoping he gets plenty of seniors action this season and does some great things for the black and white.

THANKS! Very Happy
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:44 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

From: http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/player-profile/taylor-adams

PLAYER BIO:

Adams is the sort of player that loves winning the contested ball. Standing at 180cm, he thrives on the rough and tumble of life underneath the packs where he averaged 8.1 contested possessions per game during his 16 games in 2013. He ranked second at his club for clearances (averaging 4.0 per game) and laid an average 3.2 tackles per game. Champion Data’s Fantasy Freako, who features in the yearly AFL Prospectus, reported earlier in 2013 that Adams “might turn out to be a clearance machine”. The Prospectus also noted that Adams averaged the second-most clearances of any debutant league-wide in 2012.

SEASON BY SEASON:

Managed 16 senior games, one more than he did in his first season as a Giant, and registered a career-high 30 disposals in the final game of the season against the Suns. Won more than 20 disposals in all bar four of his senior games and averaged 3.25 tackles and 4.0 clearances across the season. Signalled his intentions to return to Victoria at season's end and became a Magpie in a direct swap for 2010 premiership defender Heath Shaw.

AT A GLANCE:

Junior Clubs: St Josephs (Vic)/Geelong U18
Clubs: Greater Western Sydney (2012-2013; 31 games, 12 goals), Collingwood (2014)
Debut: Round 5 2012, Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs
Recruited from: Greater Western Sydney
Brownlow Votes: 0

TaylorAdamsCFC.jpg

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:47 pm

From CFC website:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2014-02-10/get-to-know-taylor-adams

Watch Collingwood recruit Taylor Adams speak to CTV after arriving at the Westpac Centre for the first time last October. Adams will play his first game for the Magpies against Geelong on Wednesday night.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:54 pm

From CFC website:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-10-23/taylor-adams-the-facts

Get a taste of what 20-year-old Greater Western Sydney recruit Taylor Adams can bring to Collingwood's midfield in 2014 and beyond.

THE FACTS:

Taylor Adams breaks away from Dion Prestia on his way to collecting 30 possessions in his final outing as a Giant against Gold Coast in round 23.
RelatedCTV highlights: Taylor AdamsShaw heads to the Giants
It’s not easy to keep track of all of the many talented youngsters on Greater Western Sydney’s list so collingwoodfc.com.au has compiled all you need to know about Taylor Adams, the club’s newest recruit.

What sort of a player is he?
Adams is said to be the sort of player that loves winning the contested ball. Standing at 180cm, he thrives on the rough and tumble of life underneath the packs where he averaged 8.1 contested possessions per game during his 16 games this year. He ranked second at his club for clearances (averaging 4.0 per game) and laid an average 3.2 tackles per game. Champion Data’s Fantasy Freako, who features in the yearly AFL Prospectus, reported earlier this year that Adams “might turn out to be a clearance machine”. Prospectus also noted that Adams averaged the second-most clearances of any debutant league-wide in 2012.

What was his junior record like?
Very impressive. Hailing from the Geelong Falcons via St Josephs, Adams represented Vic Country in the 2011 National Under 18 Championships where he averaged 18.8 possessions across four games. It was enough to see him earn selection in the Under 18 All-Australian team and he followed up with an impressive performance at the Draft Combine later in the year when he recorded 15.1 in the beep test, placing him in the Combine’s top 10.

Was he originally a high draft pick?
He sure was. Adams landed in Greater Western Sydney’s lap at pick No. 13 in the 2011 National Draft. The Age’s draft expert Emma Quayle had him going to the land of the Giants with pick No. 14 while AFL.com.au’s Jason Phelan thought he’d fall to pick No. 16 and head to Fremantle. The Herald Sun’s Superfooty website correctly predicted Adams to be drafted with pick No. 13 as did BigFooty.com in its official phantom draft.

Can you present us with vital statistics?
Disposals: 341 (21.3) Marks: 69 (4.3) Tackles: 52 (3.3) Inside 50s: 52 (3.3) Rebound 50s: 28 (1.Cool Contested Possessions: 130 (8.1) Clearances: 64 (4.0) Score Assists: 13 (0.Cool
2013 averages in brackets.

What have they said about him so far?

“If they (Greater Western Sydney) miss out on Toby Greene, Adams comes in as the second inside onballer. A great kid who'll slot in easily. Adams scored a late invite to the draft, which suggests he's a safe bet. Richmond and Fremantle also keen,” – Emma Quayle, The Age, 24 November 2011.

“Giants love the hardened midfielder's leadership. Big contested ball-winner will push forward,” – superfooty.com.au, 24 November 2011.

“Adams is a tough, skilful inside midfielder who will be an excellent foil (should he be drafted to Fremantle) for the likes of Stephen Hill, Nat Fyfe and Anthony Morabito for years to come. He averaged 28 possessions a game for the Falcons this year and works tirelessly to bring his teammates into the play. He has strong leadership credentials and isn't one to drop his head, with his strong voice a constant at Visy Park late in the season during a particularly heavy loss to Oakleigh. He ran a 15.1 beep test and has the capacity to quickly become an important part of Ross Lyon's new regime,” – AFL.com.au’s Jason Phelan, 23 November 2011.

“Just a lovely player is Taylor Adams and apparently has many admirers in club land. AIS kid and he is a class act because he ticks nearly every box there is. Seen him so many times in traffic and yet he always seems to evade capture and execute to advantage. His hands in close are an absolute treat and he just strikes me as a kid who will get better and better in a club development programme. Can also play out of the contest and uses the ball at an elite level by foot as well. Is a natural leader from what have been told and is a kid you would want in your football environment for sure. AFL Comparison – Trent Cotchin or Jim Bartel,” – Snoop Dogg, one of BigFooty.com’s resident draft gurus, 27 October 2011.

“The bullocking ball-winner, who kicked some clutch goals playing forward, also dispelled any fears about his endurance, running a 15.1 beep test at the draft camp - ranking him equal 10th. It was reward for hard work as rarely were there days when Adams was not doing extra sessions or recovery,” – Jay Clark, Herald Sun, 19 November 2011.

“Youth talent guru Michael Turner has cause to keep a close eye on the Giants as two of his Geelong Falcons from last year, Devon Smith and Taylor Adams, landed there in last year's draft. The first 10 rounds have strengthened Turner's belief that the selections of the "running battering rams" at No. 13 (Adams) and Smith (No. 14) were a bargain,” – Jesse Hogan, The Age, 7 June 2012.

131023_adams300GwS.jpg

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:58 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/taylor-adams-excited-for-pies-debut-as-collingwood-prepares-to-meet-geelong-in-nab-challenge/story-fni5f6hd-1226822645201

By Robert Somers 12Feb14

Geelong v Collingwood: Taylor Adams out to prove point

Collingwood recruit Taylor Adams says Wednesday's NAB Challenge opener against Geelong is his chance to prove he belongs in the Magpies midfield.

Adams will play his first game for the Pies at Simonds Stadium on Wednesday, and after months of hard work on the track, Adams can't wait to show why Collingwood swapped Heath Shaw for the 20-year-old's services.

Adams spoke with reporters at the AFL launch of the NAB Challenge series, along with fellow big name recruit, Essendon's Paul Chapman.

Despite all the hype over his trade from GWS, Adams knows he's no automatic selection

"Obviously, there's a lot of talent and experience there in the midfield. I'm not saying I'm trying to push anyone out of the way because they're great guys to learn off and to model your game.

"At the Giants, you had to earn your spot because there were a lot of high draft picks.

"But it's definitely harder to get a game at Collingwood because the midfield depth is pretty elite and there's a lot of young guys pushing for spots. So, yeah, it will be tough."

Training with Collingwood is not much different to Greater Western Sydney

"The pre-season has been pretty similar – a lot of hard work and a lot of aerobic fitness. It wasn't too different to the Giants. But obviously the game plan has changed.

"I guess up at the Giants it was coach-orientated, all the training sessions were run by the coaches.

"Probably down here, it's more player-driven which I tend to like. Guys like Nick Maxwell really drive the playing group and that probably gets more out of the playing group than hearing from the same coach all the time."

Adams will spend plenty of time resting in the Magpies forward line

"I'll be playing mainly in the midfield but also up forward a little bit. It's pretty tough, with capped rotations this year, to run out a full game in the midfield."

Nobody recognised Adams on the streets of western Sydney but Pies fans are hounding him for his autograph

"There are a lot more footy fans down here and that's something I'm still getting used. But it is good.

Adams is bracing for increased scrutiny that comes with playing for Collingwood

"The Giants didn't have as much pressure in their first two years. There are a lot more eyes on a club like Collingwood so I guess there is a lot more pressure. But I came here to play footy and I'm not going to worry about that too much."
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:01 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/taylor-adams-excited-for-pies-debut-as-collingwood-prepares-to-meet-geelong-in-nab-challenge/story-fni5f6hd-1226822645201

Bruce Matthews •
Herald Sun •
February 10, 2014 2:07PM

Taylor Adams excited for Pies debut as Collingwood prepares to meet Geelong in NAB Challenge

LIKE any recruit, young Collingwood midfielder Taylor Adams is itching to get cracking in the real thing after a long, hot pre-season campaign.

But the 20-year-old is a realist when it comes to starting a tough assignment in the opening NAB Challenge match against Geelong on Wednesday night.

Adams, who spent his first two AFL season at the GWS Giants, is trying to push into an elite Magpies’ midfield unit led by new skipper Scott Pendlebury, Brownlow Medalist Dane Swan and the premiership-hardened Luke Ball.

“Obviously, it’s the first time I’ll pull on a Collingwood jumper which is exciting. It’s a long pre-season, so it will be good to get out there and run around and play some footy,” Adams said.

“My goal at the moment is to play Round 1. I have to prove to my teammates and coaching staff that I can play to the game plan.

“If I play 10 or 20 games, so be it, but this will be the first step and I’ll move on from there.

“At the Giants, you had to earn your spot because there were a lot of high draft picks. But it’s definitely harder to get a game at Collingwood because the midfield depth is pretty elite and there’s a lot of young guys pushing for spots. So, yeah, it will be tough.

“Obviously, there’s a lot of talent and experience there in the midfield. I’m not saying I’m trying to push anyone out of the way because they’re great guys to learn off and to model your game.”

It has been a summer of look and learn from the midfield aces for Adams who impressed Collingwood’s recruiting staff with his aggression at the contest.

“I’m very lucky to have those guys ahead of me and all pre-season I’ve been trying to learn off those guys,” the former Geelong Falcons captain said.

“I really like the way Scott Pendlebury goes about his footy. He’s the ultimate professional and obviously a very good player. Luke Ball is another that I think I play a bit like and he’s exactly the same as Scott, just does everything right.

“I guess up at the Giants it was coach-orientated, all the training sessions were run by the coaches. Probably down here, it’s more player-driven which I tend to like. Guys like Nick Maxwell really drive the playing group and that probably gets more out of the playing group than hearing from the same coach all the time.

“Obviously there’s more talent down here and the intensity of training does go up with the talent and experience.

“With the (interchange) cap rotations, most midfielders have to be able to play in another position, whether it’s half-back or half-forward. I’m probably more of a half-forward.”

Collingwood’s group tuned up for the opener against the Cats with a 50-minute early morning training session on Monday morning.

“It was a bit of structure stuff and skills. With a game in two days, obviously, you don’t want to go too hard and get anyone injured. It was just refining a few things,” Adams said.

TaylorAdamsHeraldSun12Feb14.jpg

larrylj Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:20 pm

Taylor looked pretty good last night!
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Didn't get to see him play at all but fantastic that there are good reports coming through already!
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:12 am

Set up his page on the Website, I'll try to add more to it as we go

http://www.magpies.net/nick/?page_id=1420

Also changed the Sponsorship forum banner, I'll try and make a better one if I can find some time.

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:20 pm

Congratulations to Taylor on his first senior game for the Pies.

I'm sure he will do the jumper (and Nicks) proud.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: