Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Hawks annihilate Brisbane

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Member 7167 wrote:
The Cats may have won but I would suspect that they would be very concerned with the result.

Funny but Jackcass and I said the very same thing just after the game.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:21 pm

The AFL would be worried about that result.

The Lions sacked their coach because they thought they could secure Roos. Now they have a dud coach, a shit team, and they are $30 million in debt! The AFL had better do something fast or football in QLD will have a very grim future.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:22 pm

Why now? Where did they get them?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:46 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
The AFL would be worried about that result.

The Lions sacked their coach because they thought they could secure Roos. Now they have a dud coach, a shit team, and they are $30 million in debt! The AFL had better do something fast or football in QLD will have a very grim future.

Easy fix. Relocate a bloody blood sucking struggling team from Melbourne to merge with the bastards up there. Problem fixed. Next........ Rolling Eyes
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:33 pm

you probably kill to clubs if you did that.

great idea now I think about it Wink

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:31 pm

Message to mods!

By what standard is this NOT a footy thread? It is NOT political and therefore does NOT belong in VPT. Surely we can all gloat about Brisbane's abysmal failure. But putting anything in VPT means that it is read by exactly 12 people who all share the same left-wing political viewpoint. I won't go there at all and neither will most sane footy supporters.

Get a grip mods! Evil or Very Mad

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Living in Qld the newspapers up here we defending Leppa and the Brions to the enth degree. The Brions did play several rookies and some players under 20 games (if memory serves me correct they had 14 players with less than 20 games including rookies) the majority of the Brions decent players (Brown, Staker, Adcock, Rich, Merritt, Rockcliffe, Zorko and 4 or 5 others who's names escape me didn't play)
But in saying that there lack of depth is very visible. They are a minimum of 3 years from being competitive against finals bound opposition.
The jury is out on Leppa as a coach I would like to think he could at least last 1 season.
Financially they will never be viable. The AFL will be footing there bills forever. They play on a very small market place for AFL and a losing side doesn't attract interest or corporates.
There debt will be hanging over there heads forever the AFL will keep them afloat at least until they get close to negotiating a new TV deal but then they could face merger or extinction.
Financially successful clubs shouldn't be penalized financially because the lame brains at the AFL years ago made terrible decisions in putting teams into non AFL towns.
The Suns will survive temporarily but in 5 years if there is no premiership they will be equally as deficient financially as the Brions.
Hope dimi and his troop of merry men have hidden a huge sack of cash somewhere they are going to need it badly in the next 5 years.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: