Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

To Eddie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ytry4 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2001 8:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year, with Nine having footy coverage and all, I think its time the Footy Show grew up and started giving more time to football instead of the racist, sexist, IDIOT sam newman. grow up you ****head!

It is the FOOTBALL show, not the 'sammy' show!

Collingwood Forever
-------------------
BLACK & WHITE
http://users.tpg.com.au/pie4eva/

ytry4 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2001 8:41 am

Next year, with Nine having footy coverage and all, I think its time the Footy Show grew up and started giving more time to football instead of the racist, sexist, IDIOT sam newman. grow up you ****head!

It is the FOOTBALL show, not the 'sammy' show! get rid of him eddie!

Collingwood Forever
-------------------
BLACK & WHITE
http://users.tpg.com.au/pie4eva/

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2001 9:54 am

Rohan,

There's a HUGE difference between verbally criticising (which allows for response) and throwing a cream-pie in someone's face. Get serious if you want to be taken seriously.

Broadie
Danzy Rocks!!! 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2001 10:48 am

I didnt watch The Footy Show last night, but a friend whoz a Melbourne supporter told me what happened.
I dont know why Newman did that to Schwarz, I dont like Schwarz but I hate Newman and what he did was totally unfair. Schwarz only played a few minutes of the game, it wasnt his fault they lost. It was the Melbourne midfield, I mean, where were they???

I LOVE DANNY ROACH 4 EVA AND EVA
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2001 3:36 pm

I've never seen the Footy Show much, and when I did it never rated more than and OK with me, but I always thought the main reason it became huge was that Seven never let Nine use game footage, so the show had to become personality driven to succeed.

Can't see why Newman had a go at Schwarz for lasting 2 minutes or so in his 150th game (as I hear occured). Coming from a bloke who only got splinters in his bum when 'playing' his 300th is a tad rich!

At the end of the day, its ratings I s'pose!

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2001 5:00 pm

On "The Game" tonight, Tony Shaw likened Sam Newman to John Howard. Neither will say Sorry.
Surely Sam realised he had gone too far, but he just wouldn,t let up on Schwarz. No player deserves to be humiliated like that after playing his 150th game.I felt really bad for him.
I never miss the footy show but I am disgusted by Sam's behaviour. He must be MADE to apologise, otherwise a lot of viewers are going to switch off.
Julee

Shaun 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 9:41 am

All i can say is that Sam should thank his lucky stars it wasn't Jarrod Molloy who had a crap 150th. He would not have gotten away with just a push, that's for damn sure.

and whatsmore, in the paper on Saturday they said some crap about 'Would Eddie have let it happen if it was a Collingwood player?'. What a load of BS. Within the media, Eddie is one of the most fair minded and professional journalists in the caper. You just have to look at the way he handled the Legionella outbreak at Vic park on the footy show to see that. To suggest he let it happen because Schwarz doesn't play for Collingwood is just stupid. Personally, i have alot of respect for David Schwarz, and i don't think he deserved what he got, not by a long shot.

With the Melbourne Football Club, The Players Association, the general public and Schwarz himself closing in, i think sammy will be delt some indiscriminate justice pretty soon indeed.

I'm magpie Shaun and that's my two cents

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
-General George S. Patton-

eMmA 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 11:25 am

I wonder if everyone would still feel the way they do about the cake incident if schwarz didnt react how he did. I agree Sam goes over board at times but i wish ppl would just get over it.

"gO AnThOnY"...#23

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2001 4:15 pm

normally I don't take much notice of mike sheehan, but what he wrote in the hun made some sense. if schwarz had not been in on the act, why did he stay after he was pied? if he was truly insulted, why didn't he just belt sam and left the studio, or just leave at the very least? I think he was in on the act, in so far as he knew that sam was going to do something to humiliate him. maybe he thought that sam was going to make him eat the pie, rather than hit him in the face with it. schwarz's anger was genuine, there's no doubting that, but the fact that he didn't leave the show immediately would imply that he knew something was up beforehand. no one who was completely in the dark would just sit there with their dignity dragging along the ground and continue on.

Order and disorder are a matter of organisation, courage and cowardice are a matter of momentum, strength and weakness are a matter of formation -- The Art of War, Sun Tzu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: