Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

No. 35 - Brodie Grundy - Details/Info/Photos

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:28 pm
Post subject: No. 35 - Brodie Grundy - Details/Info/PhotosReply with quote

BRODIE GRUNDY - 35

A ruckman who imposes himself on games with his physical presence. Grundy excels in directing the ball at stoppages and can be a dangerous marking target up forward. He won All-Australian honours at Under 18 level in 2011 and has played senior football with Sturt in the SANFL.

He backed it up again in 2012, becoming a dual All-Australian at underage level, averaging 15 disposals and 24.2 hitouts.

A graduate of the AIS-AFL Academy, Grundy only made the switch to Aussie Rules three years ago and has taken big strides in a short period of time. Draft watchers say that his aggression and will to compete have helped make him a standout during his junior career, while his intelligence off the field (he is currently studying human movement) completes a package that fans are sure to enjoy watching.

Draft History
2012 National Draft (Collingwood) selection No. 12 overall.

Height: 202 cm
DOB: 15-04-1994
Weight: 101 kg

GRUNDY%20Brodie.png

Photo from www.collingwoodfc.com.au

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/power-faces-big-draft-call-on-brodie-grundy/story-e6freck3-1226521482177

481568-brodie-grundy.jpg

Last edited by MargOZ on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 pm

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/uFXKTQNRkfn/2012+AFL+Draft+Combine/QR0OqqcNg9-/Brodie+Grundy

Brodie+Grundy+2012+AFL+Draft+Combine+H9sASCgpUk1l.jpg

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/gallery/2012-11-29/afl-2012-training-collingwood-291112#52631b751294b310VgnVCM100000976bb70aRCRD

273166_gp-BrodieGrundy.jpg

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:54 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/gallery/2012-11-29/afl-2012-training-collingwood-291112#bfbc1b751294b310VgnVCM100000976bb70aRCRD

273143_gl-BrodieBeach.jpg

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:57 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2012-11-29/brodie-grundy-addresses-the-media-for-the-first-time

At 202cm and 100kg, new Collingwood ruckman Brodie Grundy already has the frame to play AFL football.

But the South Australian, taken at pick 18 in last week's NAB AFL Draft, has stopped short of declaring he'll challenge for a senior spot straight away.

Watch Thursday's press conference featuring Collingwood's four draftees on CTV in the video above.

Grundy, along with fellow Magpies draftees Ben Kennedy, Tim Broomhead and Jackson Ramsay, fronted the media after a beach session in St Kilda with their new teammates on Thursday.

"My ambition is to play senior football," Grundy said.

"It's something that everyone wants to do.

"Whether that opportunity comes sooner rather than later is up to the coaching staff."

The undisputed best underage ruckman in the country, Grundy had been touted as a potential top four pick for much of 2012.

But, he said, he tried not to take notice of the draft speculation, and was happy to eventually slip through to the league's biggest club.

"You hear your name a little bit, but I just tried not to take much notice of it leading into the draft," he said.

"I tried to stay low key.

"I had uni exams, so I focussed on those."

Grundy will shelve his studies for now to concentrate on his first year as a professional footballer.

Along with fellow South Australians Kennedy and Broomhead, and West Australian Ramsay, he has moved into a house in Kew.

His immediate focus is on learning as much as possible from the club's more experienced big men.

"Training yesterday, going up against [Darren] Jolly, he's so experienced and so strong and knowledgeable, and that's why I'm looking forward to working closely with those senior players and learning as much as I can," Grundy said.

Ramsay, a defender selected at No. 38, and Kennedy, a small midfielder taken at No. 19, both nominated star midfielder Scott Pendlebury as a likely role model.

"He's so professional the way he goes about his training and his off-field stuff as well," Ramsay said.

"I'd like to look up to him and train with him."

Broomhead, taken at pick 20, said his selection by the Magpies had come as a shock.

"When my name was called out it was a bit of a surprise, but obviously very exciting," he said.

"I had a couple of interviews with [Collingwood] during the year, but since the draft camp I hadn't spoken to them.

"No clubs really give much away, so I think any club that picked me, it would have been a surprise.

"But I couldn't have picked a better club than Collingwood with all its history, and it's such a big club."

The four draftees will join the rest of the club's list on its annual pre-season training camp in Utah from December 4.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:22 pm

TWITTER:

Anyone like to follow our boys tweets...!!!

https://twitter.com/brodiegrundy

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Going to be a Superstar
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:48 pm
Post subject: Brodie meets Karolina...Reply with quote

Tweeted by Brodie

Brodie Grundy ‏@brodiegrundy 16h
Pleasure to meet @karolinakurkova tonight at the Waislitz Function pic.twitter.com/yz8p3otY68
5:23 AM - 17 Aug 13

BrodieKarolina.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> NBB Player Sponsorship All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: