Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Giants - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Museman 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Museman wrote:
Sidey made one very bad error but I thought while we were well just plain shit in 1-2 he was our only shining light in the midfield, harry played himself in but was like most... woeful early.

Is there not someone at the club that can find a plan to stop teams exploiting our in accuracy and waltzing out of our backline when a behind is scored????

Sidebottom got slaughtered in 1x1 contests all night, got a lot of easy kicks running around the outside but then his disposal was for the most part sub standard. Was the worst game I've seen from him in ages.

Watched a different game to me obviously, what 1x1 contests?? as you said yourself he got outside...and early that was vital , his dinky kicks were an advantage for once... instead of the rest thumping it long to outnumbered forwards.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:57 pm

I haven't had a chance to watch the first half yet, but Sidey's second half performance was pretty good: I'd have him in my best six players. Was he really bad in the first half?
Museman 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:36 pm

No, as far as I was concerned apart from a standout error he was by far the cleanest and most damaging mid we had in 1 and 2.
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:01 pm

Tannin wrote:
I haven't had a chance to watch the first half yet, but Sidey's second half performance was pretty good: I'd have him in my best six players. Was he really bad in the first half?

One very iffy hand pass that directly resulted in goal.

Apart from that he was in our 2/3 best players in the first half and his second half was even better.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:25 pm

jackcass wrote:
melliot wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Ive been watching GWS for 2 yrs live at home.
I wasnt surprised by the result, especially when Ball went out.
They build their whole game on contested ball and are now adding run and carry.
Ive said on here a few times that Cameron is the bes key forward in the game. Watching him start 5 meters behind Carlisle the week before and out sprint him to take a mark in the goal square when both started outside 50 was a regular occurrence.

There was an interesting article on Bucklys game plan changes, especially the difference to boundary line play versus run an carry including corridor use.
Defensive boundary play won us a GF but only the one in how many years under Mick playing this style ?
The new style seems very similar to what the CATS bring to the table and it has won them how many GF''s ?
With Gold coast and GWS talent being realised in the next few years, id rather have a style that will win games than defend them.
Bare in mind, as someone says our bottom 6 might not be elite yet however our bottom 6 would be luck to have played 50 games between them.

The teams with the best defense are the one playing in GFs. The Cats have a corridor style of play, but also structure up as one of the best defensively. That also shows in their points against column too!

ATM we leak to many points (and easy goals) and don't seem to score freely either. Worst of both worlds.

And our defence has been the most unsettled aspect of our team for the last few seasons. Keeffe, Brown & Tooves doing knees. Goldsack missing large chunks of games. Maxwell cruelled by injury in 2012. Reid missing games. Tarrant missing games. Williams shoulder. BJs run with injuries.

Stability breeds consistency.

Good call.

And familiarity breeds children.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Museman wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Museman wrote:
Sidey made one very bad error but I thought while we were well just plain shit in 1-2 he was our only shining light in the midfield, harry played himself in but was like most... woeful early.

Is there not someone at the club that can find a plan to stop teams exploiting our in accuracy and waltzing out of our backline when a behind is scored????

Sidebottom got slaughtered in 1x1 contests all night, got a lot of easy kicks running around the outside but then his disposal was for the most part sub standard. Was the worst game I've seen from him in ages.

Watched a different game to me obviously, what 1x1 contests?? as you said yourself he got outside...and early that was vital , his dinky kicks were an advantage for once... instead of the rest thumping it long to outnumbered forwards.

Clearly. Was outmarked in 1x1 contests on at least 3 occasions and lost a number of 1x1 loose ball contests where he had a clear advantage.
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Sheedy and Bucks gave Sidebottom 6 votes which made him equal second best on ground in their eyes.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-07-30/bucks-and-sheeds-recognise-midfielders

Looks like jackass has been watching a different game after all, as usual.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:31 pm

I agree Sidey was one of our better players, but Jackass is right he got beaten in several one on one's by bigger opponents. He isn't the type of player that will outbody his opponent. He just needs to find other ways to win those contests.
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:29 pm

Well he is wrong about that being the worst game from Sidebottom he's seen in ages.
And thats all that matters in this discussion.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Beast wrote:
Sheedy and Bucks gave Sidebottom 6 votes which made him equal second best on ground in their eyes.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-07-30/bucks-and-sheeds-recognise-midfielders

Looks like jackass has been watching a different game after all, as usual.

You just keep attacking the man instead of the ball. Happy to stand by my opinion.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Beast wrote:
Well he is wrong about that being the worst game from Sidebottom he's seen in ages.
And thats all that matters in this discussion.

My opinion... it's different than yours, doesn't make it wrong. But you just keep running people down if thats what give you your kicks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: