Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Suns sink Pies - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Ya see, just simple country folk out 'ere...

You keep saying that Swan missed his shot on goal "so early in the game" but my memory of it was about halfway through the last... hardly early... and a momentum killer...

But thanks for showin' we simple country folk the error of our ways.

I'm sure Bucks'll log on here some time this week and will find your insights on selection and attitude a revelation.

hahahahahahaha

Bucks referred to Swan's horrible turnover at the 10th minute mark of the first quarter that resulted in the 12 point turn around, not some missed shot in the last 1/4.
Listen to his presser again.

Also, I did post my queries on the selection in the pre-game thread and didn't state them in hindsight like most people on here do.
Ability to put my plumbs on the line is one of the major things that separates me from the most of you.

And no need to thank me, this isn't the first and won't be the last time I'm correcting your mistakes that stem from blind sycophancy and the primitive "the club knows best" line of thinking.

I consider it as giving something back to the society.
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:51 am

Lazza wrote:
jackcass wrote:

You keep saying that Swan missed his shot on goal "so early in the game" but my memory of it was about halfway through the last... hardly early... and a momentum killer...

I'm sure Bucks'll log on here some time this week and will find your insights on selection and attitude a revelation.

You are dealing with the Beast, Daz..... Rolling Eyes

As some country folk would say, he is such a city lowlife that even our cockroaches are repulsed by him....... Laughing

Just not worth the effort of arguing with a ------- like him...... Rolling Eyes

If there ever was ever any doubt you're mentally deficient you've just dispelled it.

All is forgiven mate.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:58 am

Beast wrote:
jackcass wrote:

hahahahahahaha

Bucks referred to Swan's horrible turnover at the 10th minute mark of the first quarter that resulted in the 12 point turn around, not some missed shot in the last 1/4.
Listen to his presser again.

Also, I did post my queries on the selection in the pre-game thread and didn't state them in hindsight like most people on here do.
Ability to put my plumbs on the line is one of the major things that separates me from the most of you.

And no need to thank me, this isn't the first and won't be the last time I'm correcting your mistakes that stem from blind sycophancy and the primitive "the club knows best" line of thinking.

I consider it as giving something back to the society.

Narcissism anyone. You go wollow in your own self adulation.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:53 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I heard Stan Alves on radio today say that we have lost too many strong bodies over the past couple of years. Especially Leigh Brown and Tarrant. He commented that at times the Suns looked physically stronger than us.

I still think our main problem - apart from Cloke's appalling goal kicking - is in the ruck. Leroy's retirement has hurt us big time, as we have not been able to find a 2nd ruck/forward to replace him. In time, Witts will be a good ruckman, but probably in 2 years. Hudson, despite his big heart, is now just a plodder. We need to fast track Grundy in the coming weeks, as he'll be desperately needed next season.

Spot on not too many have brought up this subject up. Another factor in our predicament. The natural evolution of the side with the retirements of the likes of Tarrant and the Anvil has made us a little weaker strength wise, around the ground so much so that Sydney bullied us this year. Cloke has to play at CHF, he is just not reliable enough around the goals.
Beast 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Beast wrote:
while I consider Gablett to be untagable having a defensively minded player, not Swan and Beams, playing on him when he started to exert such a massive influence on the game was a must.
Yes Caff or JT would have most likely got smashed by him but to let him wreak havoc unattended reminded me of the stubbornness of you know who...

Quote:
Yes, we should have tagged Gary Ablett...clearly it was a mistake on my behalf and the coaching panel's behalf not to go with other alternatives, particularly in the second half.

"That has come out clearly in the review."

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-07-24/tagging-ablett-was-the-way-to-go

Glad to see me and Bucks ended up on the same page eventually after his initial denials this was a massive blunder on his behalf.

This isn't the first elementary mistake he's made this year or even during that game but at least he had the balls to admit it. A steep learning curve no doubt but he'd want to eradicate these things by the end of next season.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Quote:
Yes, we should have tagged Gary Ablett...clearly it was a mistake on my behalf and the coaching panel's behalf not to go with other alternatives, particularly in the second half.

"That has come out clearly in the review."

Wow. I'm impressed by that. If only he'd figured it out at halftime.

Bucks clearly won't be progressing to AFL headquarters at any stage with that kind of honesty and admission of error Wink

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:43 am

I'm just confused why we didn't tag the best player of the last 5 years at the opening bounce.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18   

Jump to: