Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies crunch Crows - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you don't understand my sarcasm.

'no name' posted about Clokey needing to worry about the ball and not the man. The 'rolling eyes' was the sign of my thought on that.

To make it clear, I gave the umpires heaps over their treatment of Trav.

MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:34 pm

jack_spain wrote:
MattyD wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:
^You guys seriously have no idea.

Look a few posts above, Cloke should be doing better with his positioning, not using his strength.

Don't blame the umpires. Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing I find it amusing when people who are obviously relatives of umpires try to defend them. Razz

lol
Thanks for sticking up for us!
It was kind of fun booing them but I really wish we didn't feel like we had to. I know they don't umpire fairly and there's nothing anyone can say to make me change my mind. DECADES of crap to back me up. This business with Cloke is just the tip of the iceberg. It's endemic. How many games do the Pies actually win the free kick count? Very few. And I know that doesn't necessarily mean the umps are biased but in our case, it definitely does. The umpires would have to pay the Pies more free kicks than our opponents for many many games to undo the scars. But the scumps just can't help themselves. I am dreading what they'll do to us when we play the bombers and the hawks. I'm still convinced the scumps murdered us when we played them earlier in the year.

I just don't understand Collingwood supporters who say the umpires don't make a difference. They do and I'll tell you why. How many goals did they cost us on Friday night? Probably about 5 directly (they certainly took three off Cloke). How many times do we need to say this, but it is where the frees are paid that matters and also the frees that are not paid. Just the raw free kick count doesn't tell the story. It is the impact of frees and frees not paid that screws us time and time again.

This isn't sour grapes because we won, it is simply a call for natural justice.

As the Ashes Test is proving match officials are always the weak link in professional sport. Their mistakes always cost far more than players' mistakes.

I agree completely. The other interesting thing that my son noticed on Friday night - which I noticed on Anzac Day and against the Hawks - was that because the umpires are quick to give soft frees against us, our boys are less inclined to be physical and are more afraid to go hard at it. Whereas the Crows getting the 'feeling' that they can go hard and get away with more, get their confidence up and that's when you see more jumper pulling and their arms and elbows all over Cloke's head without fear of punishment! It's a psychological blow on our players that takes it's toll. They did seem to just give up against the bombers and the hawks, especially because the hawks are a very good side.

Edit: I think my point is, we may still have lost to the Hawks based on our team's errors and the caliber of our available players but the margin wouldn't have been so great. And without the umpires, yes, we would have beaten the Crows by 10 goals plus. I think if we miss out on top 4 because of percentage, I'll know where to point the blame.

Last edited by MattyD on Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:49 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
I think you don't understand my sarcasm.

'no name' posted about Clokey needing to worry about the ball and not the man. The 'rolling eyes' was the sign of my thought on that.

To make it clear, I gave the umpires heaps over their treatment of Trav.

our hatred of the umpires blinded us from seeing the eyes rolling! Laughing
DT 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:04 pm

I think we are starting to roll now. We could be a very dangerous proposition for the top 5 now (I rate us sixth at the moment).

It will be interesting to see how we go against Essendon, Swans and Hawks.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:52 pm

DT wrote:
I think we are starting to roll now. We could be a very dangerous proposition for the top 5 now (I rate us sixth at the moment).

It will be interesting to see how we go against Essendon, Swans and Hawks.

If we can beat all three we will well and truly be back in town.
Pete 70 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:10 am

There has to be a closed door session between someone at the club and the AFL - I mean if Cloke's decision is correct you cannot actually ever touch anyone, but if there was an award for a worse decision the Seedsman one immediately after Cloke had the ball taken off him, was classic. He tackles the guy who makes no attempt, and then whilst lying on his back the guy flips over so he is face down, and "In the back". You must be kidding.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:19 am

Pete 70 wrote:
There has to be a closed door session between someone at the club and the AFL - I mean if Cloke's decision is correct you cannot actually ever touch anyone, but if there was an award for a worse decision the Seedsman one immediately after Cloke had the ball taken off him, was classic. He tackles the guy who makes no attempt, and then whilst lying on his back the guy flips over so he is face down, and "In the back". You must be kidding.

Fully agree. Ram home the above points BUT do this stuff behind closed doors. The bloody public don’t need to know, and all non Collingwood fans will see it as us whinging anyway.
But it has got to the point where I consider WHO the umpires are first before deciding whether to attend the game or not all the way from Bendigo. It is pointless doing this just to increase my hatred for the umps and my blood pressure... Rolling Eyes
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:22 am

Should I know pointless doing this to increase his or her hatred for the umps and his or her blood pressure is?
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:40 am

Really happy with the way we responded when challenged early , Pendles is a champ, Clokey really having a crack! Krakouers 3 goals showed a heap, great to have Beamsy back out there, all class is the lad. Marley Williams is tougher than a camel's toe!

www.facebook/the hybernators

Last edited by 3rd degree on Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:54 am

Years where Collingwood have ended Adelaides year: 2002, 2008, 2009 and now 2013 Razz
MattyD 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Adelaide are Collingwood's bitch.

No one has beaten the Crows more than we have.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:05 am

MattyD wrote:
Adelaide are Collingwood's bitch.

No one has beaten the Crows more than we have.

Very true. What's amazing is since 2001, we've had a better record in Adelaide against the Crows than we have in Melbourne.

HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:06 am

That is a rather sweeping generalization about people.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:37 am

Jezza wrote:
What's amazing is since 2001, we've had a better record in Adelaide against the Crows than we have in Melbourne.

Um .... you mean .... right in front of them? Shocked

HAL 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:41 am

Sometimes I say mean things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: