Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Champions League Final: Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's Going to Win the UEFA Champions League Final
Bayern Munich
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Borussia Dortmund
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:05 pm
Post subject: Champions League Final: Bayern Munich v Borussia DortmundReply with quote

The UEFA Champions League Final for 2013 is taking place on May 25, 2013 local time with the two big German outfits taking on each other with Bayern Munich taking on Borussia Dortmund at Wembley Stadium in London.

Local time this game begins 7:45pm on Saturday May 25 2013.

Therefore in Australia, the game will begin at 4:45am on Sunday May 26, 2013 in AEDT.

What are your tips for this match, and can Borussia Dortmund go all the way and shock Bayern Munich?

paulmck 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bayern Munich are clearly the best club team in the world at the moment. Think they will win 3-1.
paulmck 

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Bayern Munich are clearly the best club team in the world at the moment. Think they will win 3-1.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:39 pm

HAL is always thinking.
tomoleary Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Bayern have long been the powerhouse of German football. While Dortmund have had to be happy with the number 2 mantle.

Bayern have clearly won the most titles in Bundesliga history but Dortmund have won the league 8 times including the 2010-11 title and 2011-12 title. They also won the UEFA Champions League back in 1997, when they defeated Man Utd in a Semi final and Juventus in the final.

Meanwhile Bayern have been setting records in a Bundesliga this season: they have won the league convincingly with 27 wins 4 draws 1 loss and a goal difference of 91 : 15. Last year Bayern finished runner up in the league to Dortmund, loss the German Pokal Cup final to Dortmund and lost the Champion's League final to Chelsea. This year there's still an opportunity to turn all of those runner ups into trophies.

There's a classic phase "when we win we tend to party, when we lose we ponder." Well Bayern's losses last year were certainly the impetus for purchasing Javi Martinez from Athletico Bilbao. Martinez was Barcelona bound until he was pinched by München, he has been touted as a future captain of the Spanish national side. Bayern also bought Mario Mandukic and Dante who have both helped to improve the side. In fact Mandukic has been the leading goal scorer in the Bundesliga this year.

In recent years Dortmunt has actually been Bayern's bogey side. We would've been a whole lot more confident if we had to play Real Madrid, who call Bayern "La Bestia Negra" (the black beast) due to their fear of us. (Bayern's alternative UCL strip is predominantly black)

I'm not gonna pick a winner. I'll just say. This will be Bayern's 3rd appearance in 4 seasons, we also lost the 2010 CL final to Inter Milan, I'll be pretty shattered if we lose again.

Mia San Mia. (We are what we are)
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:41 am

Bayern easily.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Bayern too strong. A real upset if Dortmund get the better of them.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:53 pm

Congratulations to Bayern Munich. A well-deserved win in the end after suffering the pain of defeat last year. Even though a lot of people dislike Arjen Robben, I was happy for him considering he was a former Chelsea player. Bayern's in a strange situation now with Jupp moving on, and with Pep Guardiola entering as the new coach. I wonder whether the appointment will be a positive one or will it be an unnecessary mistake. Time will tell what happens.

Credit to Borussia Dortmund as well for doing so well in the UCL this season. They've been an underrated team for a few years, but I'm glad to see that they're receiving the plaudits they deserve.

Euro Super Cup 2013 = Bayern Munich v Chelsea = most likely Guardiola v Mourinho.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:55 pm

Thank you, thank you very much. I would like to thank everyone who helped. . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: