Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nix bulletin board....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The definition of a troll is....

(Just so the mods team can tell WTF you're talking about)
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Urban dictionary has a few good definitions that seem to apply to our 'new' friend:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

Quote:
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

See: 96 posts in 3 hours by one poster on Saturday night calling for Buckley to be sacked.

Quote:
One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

"Remember, trolls are those who think Buckley can coach."

Quote:
Someone with nothing worthwhile to add to a certain conversation, but rather continually threadjacks or changes the subject, as well as thinks every member of the forum is talking about them and only them. Trolls often go by multiple names to circumvent getting banned.

The last being particularly relevant in this context.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Hugor wrote:
I've been pretty stressed, angry, depressed this season so far but after the last 2 weeks I have found inner peace once again.
I have come to accept that we aren't a contender anymore this year, and no longer expect to win most weeks.
Every win from now will be a bonus, and every quarter won a hope of greater things to come.
It's nice on the other side.
I don't pretend to know why this is happening nor have the arrogance to suggest what the club should do, but in the end it's a game and ill enjoy supporting them through this tough period as I have before.
BTW being a paid member doesn't earn you the right to demand anything from the club other than your admission through the gate. I've not seen a membership package include the right to slander the club at any opportunity.

and another +1

I also don't bother reading any of the post game threads after a loss,the usual suspects and their negativity just over run it.

Burnsy is correct that this site has hit the skids in the past 2 years.. and it's all due to the trolls who continue to ruin this site for TRUE supporters. The trolls that re-sign up with a different name every time they are found out. The trolls who since 2008 have got stuck into Collingwood at almost every turn and praised their beloved Hawthorn (JS yes I'm referring to you) and the only positive comments ever posted by this one was after we won the 2010 GF.

These same trolls also inhabit VPT and make that a place not worth visiting.

Wasn't the registration code process to stop the trolls infiltrating this place? hasn't worked because apparently you can just sign up.

Nick, via Mike created a great place for all us Collingwood Supporters and it would be great if the Bulletin Board can go back to being a great place to connect.

Last edited by Proud Pies on Mon May 13, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:23 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
I don't doubt there are trolls on here but why let them ruin your experience. Ignore!

Spot on.

It's fascinated me, no end, to witness some of you feeding the so called trolls - giving them oxygen.

Why even respond ?

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Its obvious Proud Pies that there are many long term genuine Nicksters that feel the same way as you. It is also obvious that this has been raised quite a few times in the past in various formats but NOBODY of influence is listening.

If it keeps going this way Nicks will be the last place a positive Pies supporter will want to be.

The moderators can play the devil's advocate all they want but at the end of the day it is the way I feel about Nicks at the moment.

Great way to kill off this thread without deleting it. Just hide it down here where few visit.

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:39 pm

It's quite feral here at the moment. Everyone's getting stuck into each other .. more than usual.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:
It's quite feral here at the moment. Everyone's getting stuck into each other .. more than usual.

am not Wink

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:40 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:

Pies have been relatively successful since you've joined, not sure if you visited here much before that but believe me you've seen nothing. I joined at a time when most could see that we were heading in the right direction but many were getting impatient. For 3 to 4 years it was pretty much like this all the time, probably worse. For anyone here before '06, I imagine the 2 years after the '03 GF loss would've been worse still. Shocked

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:45 pm

That's a good point. I joined a couple of months before we won the flag. I've never seen it like this before
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Nick - I'm not attempting to alienate anybody but IMO change is needed. You are genuine and most are but there are a few who are not.

What I dont want to see is people such as yourself and Proud Pies leaving. Nicks will be the lesser for it.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:24 pm

awwwww thanks M 7167m although i'm sure there are some that would like to see me leave Wink
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Donny wrote:
I don't doubt there are trolls on here but why let them ruin your experience. Ignore!

Spot on.

It's fascinated me, no end, to witness some of you feeding the so called trolls - giving them oxygen.

Why even respond ?

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

I put him on ignore after Saturday night and promised to myself that I would stop responding to him. Probably won't make much difference for everybody else, but at least the board is a slightly more tolerable place for me now. Smile

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:27 pm

Nick - Pie Man wrote:

Pies have been relatively successful since you've joined, not sure if you visited here much before that but believe me you've seen nothing. I joined at a time when most could see that we were heading in the right direction but many were getting impatient. For 3 to 4 years it was pretty much like this all the time, probably worse. For anyone here before '06, I imagine the 2 years after the '03 GF loss would've been worse still. Shocked

i remember when i first joined and living in nz it was my primary source of info and discussion about footy. we used to have some cracker threads that made me laugh my head off. sadly, those days seem so long ago.

i also remember in 2007 when we were on the precipice and pied piper wrote a brilliant two part piece on why things would get worse before they get better. i think we're in a similar position in that things will get worse and we'll come out the other side better for it, more likely in 2014.

Nick - Pie Man 

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Nick - I'm not attempting to alienate anybody but IMO change is needed. You are genuine and most are but there are a few who are not.

What I dont want to see is people such as yourself and Proud Pies leaving. Nicks will be the lesser for it.

Won't happen, they'd have to throw me out Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: