Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Draftee that you are Excited to Watching?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rookie that you are Excited in Watching?
Grundy
46%
 46%  [ 20 ]
Kennedy
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Broomhead
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Ramsey
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Martin
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Dwyer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Oxley
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Hudson
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Frost
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 43

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:17 pm
Post subject: Draftee that you are Excited to Watching?Reply with quote

Well I am guessing Majority will Pick Grundy as he is something we have Needed in that he Can Dominate in the Ruck and Can go Forward and Kick Goals. As well with Wood and Ceglar getting De-Listed and Jolly in his Final Seasons. Is good in Centre Bounces and Stoppages with his Fantastic Tap Work. Also he can contribute in his 1st Season for us. I am also excited to see the Big Man in the Black and White.

But I am Also very Excited in Ben Kennedy as he Reminds me a fair bit of Didak and with Didak in his Final Season of his Career, Kennedy can in and Help Didak as he can be Exciting Machine kicking exciting goals and Crumbing Goals and making things can Happen. Is also best Friends with Grundy and has shown he can play as a Rover where he was AA in the U-18 Champs.

The Rookie that excites me the most is Jack Frost. Athletic KPP who done some exciting things in TAC CUP as a Key Forward. Then his last 4 Games last season in the VFL at Williamstown as a Shut Down Key Defender. Really love his Potential and can be a Very Exciting KPP with his Athletism.

What is your Thoughts and Who are you excited to be?

Last edited by Dave The Man on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
laird 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Kennedy & Grundy out of that group (for reasons you have already stated). Although I am most exited about Josh Thomas debuting.
JT can make a serious impact this year, as one of the new faces we need to improve.

Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:38 pm

Grundy by the length of the Flemington straight. Followed by Kennedy and Witts (if he gets a game, which I hope he does). I think Dwyer - as a mauture age player - would potentially have the biggest impact THIS year...even more so than an aging Hudson.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Ben Hudson, for me. It's possible we won't see much of the national draft picks this year, so I'll be interested to see how our mature-age recruit goes at his fourth club.

Otherwise, it'll be good to see Josh Thomas and Jarrod Witts finally make their debuts.

woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:52 pm

For a 2013 debut? - Josh Thomas (We could do with another inside mid)
A clever player who will add to an already imposing midfield.

For our ND pick? - Brodie Grundy (Exciting ruck & tall forward option)
A collingwood ruckman who can leap high? wow it's been a while. Smile

For our rookies? - Jack Frost ( Good closing speed & well built defender who can play up forward as well)
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:22 pm

Broomhead has the skills to consider paying the bills
Rick Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:13 pm

For me, Kyle Martin. I'm a dolphins supporter and I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:08 pm

I'm looking forward to watching our new recruits this season, if that's in the AFL or the VFL. The players I'm really looking forward to seeing is Grundy, Kennedy and Hudson.

I wonder what impact Hudson will have at the club, not as a mentor to the other ruckman, but also as a back-up to Jolly. I think he'll be a very handy addition to Collingwood.

Grundy is going to be a great player and any playing time he receives this year will be a bonus for us. I hope he tears it apart in the NAB Cup which starts next month. Kennedy is another player that a lot of people were weary of because of his small height, but all the training reports suggest he'll be a very solid player. I like the fact that he doesn't shirk contests and he always puts his body on the line.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:28 pm

I'm more interested in finding out which DTM thread you are most excited about?

Personally I believe the one below just pips the one above it.

Of course that could change and the one above the one above might become my new favourite.

Come to think of it the one below the one above is really the best.

.....Just stirring you DTM. Wink

rand corp 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Grundy is the tantalizing prospect, the much hyped 'miracle that got through' to our pick.

I am very interested in seeing how VFL mature agers like Martin and Dwyer get on, its a big step up in class the AFL but these two are about as good as it gets at VFL level -so will be good to see how they cope with their opportunity.

Hudson also presents an interesting option to keep an eye on. Would not mind at all if he ended up elevated and played a couple of crash and bash games for us.

The other kids I am very happy to give a development year and consider anything else a bonus for them and us.
Warbler 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 pm

For some reason Ramsey has me intrigued , maybe it's because he seems aloof & knows something that none of us knows .

I'm hoping that Grundy proves to be the absolute steal that he has been described as 'cos of our well known need of a decent ruckman .
MOTR 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:01 pm

Lots to get excited about, but brooomhead is the one most likely to make an immediate splash
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:03 am

Of this years additions listed, Broomhead.

Grundy and Kennedy were both really hyped prior to the draft so I'd expect them to do well at VFL level and possibly get a senior game or 2. Broomhead was a little left field but the club obviously thought highly enough of him to pull the trigger early rather than chance his availability in the next round. That to me provides intrigue.

As others have stated, love to see Josh Thomas get a crack at senior footy in 2013. Hope his body holds up.

Richmond is another interesting prospect. Don't expect him to make an impact at senior level but very keen to see how he goes at VFL level. Has some fantastic physical attributes and if he can make the transition to footy could be a gem.
Robbo.D.yobbo 

The Toovinator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:19 pm

I am really excited about the class of '13. This could be the best draft we've had in a few years! Grundy is a good looking prospect. Big, skillfull ruckman with a bit of c*nt about him... a steal for pick 18!

I can't really decide who I am most excited about though! give me six months... haha
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:33 pm

I'm excited about watching anyone at Collingwood who is NOT on bloody drugs....... Rolling Eyes Shocked Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: