Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brief training report. Wednesday 16th January

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:55 pm
Post subject: Brief training report. Wednesday 16th JanuaryReply with quote

Dear all,

Apologies again for not corresponding earlier. Battling a chronic back caused by decades of obesity, poor fitness and a mild case of sex-addiction.

REHAB GROUP

jolly, Reid, fasolo, Cloke, ball, young, Goldsack, Dale Thomas, Keefe, Grundie, Toovey.Gault.

These guys worked with Hahn who had trouble keeping them in line as they were pretty high-spirited.
Ball and Young ran lap after lap and both look in great nick, particularly Ball who my female friend described as "chiselled"!!

Good to see Daisy finally out of the 'moonboot'. He was very encouraging.

TRAINING

the remainder of the group worked well.

Didak lovers rejoice- he looked very much at ease with his fitness and health and was highly encouraging of his teammates as was his old buddy Johnno.

The Caff looked great. Certainly up for Round one return.

Witts worked with Ben Hudson and showed how much he has learned in twelve months on the list.-promising lad who will get a go in NAB Cup.

Nathan Brown. Looked amazing. Drew gasps from spectators when he removed his shirt after the match practice.

Josh Thomas. Yep. He is a good player, wins his own ball and makes good decisions.

Swan, Pendlebury and Beams; the Holy Trinity are ready to go in 2013.

Sidebottom trained well and every time Pendles got the pill, Sidey would yell out "here skipper". He may have been taking the piss, or maybe he knows something.

HeathShaw and H-Bomb were awesome and set a good, aggressive example for the newbies.

Kennedy-most impressive. Has the ability to break away with a turn of pace. Another Nickster compared him to Tony Francis. On what I saw today, this is a fair ocomparison.

Broomhead and Richmond are very athletic. Seedsman looks to have bulked up and yet, has retained his skills.

The emphasis at training was long-ball use today. Players being bypassed with kicks over their head to leading targets and players streaming toward goal. The Q-Stick was a key player in this drill.

Hudson will be an acquisition for the Pies this year. I can see him playing important mentoring role with our young talls and he gives the impression of being a respected member of the group already.

Maxwell continues to show ENORMOUS leadership on the track. The amount of times he gets around his teammates and gives them a pat on the back or a word of encouragement is something to be seen. We are blessed to have him.

The senior coach appears to have a more observation role this year. Last year he was very intense and involved himself closely in every play. Today he was more of a watching role.
Still has an aura about him and seems more relaxed after twelve months in the gig.

I don't expect miracles in NAB Cup as many are on the road to recovery from injury.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Lad. Very informative. Thanks.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 pm

thank you muchly lad.

what role, if any, did caff play at training?

how did keeffe look?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Thanks for the report Lad.

P.S-How's your aunt from Estonia going?

Svetlana is it?

I heard when she was out here in OZ she was very keen to sample the local salami.

Did you manage to slip her some?

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Thanks for the report Lad.

P.S-How's your aunt from Estonia going?

Svetlana is it?

I heard when she was out here in OZ she was very keen to sample the local salami.

Did you manage to slip her some?

Thank you Mr Swoop 42. Aunt Svetlana passed away several weeks ago in car crash just outside capital of Estonia on icy road. Family still distressed. Uncle Olag is inconsolable.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:30 pm

John Wren wrote:
thank you muchly lad.

how did keeffe look?

Thank you Mr John Wren,

Caff trained on far side of oval, but looked good, moving freely and kicking with penetration and precision.

Overhead Keefe telling another Magpie fan that he has put on about nine kilograms since the end of 2012... Looks like it too.

One would hope Elijah Edwards would be on both the rack and the roids as he is quite short and very thin. Pies 08, who has spent the time since he hung them up in a very good paddock by the looks of it, has identified Elijah Edwards as, "the Rioli clone we crave"!!

Time will tell...

Hope that answers your question Mr Power without Glory

VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Always love your reports. Thanks for your insight.
Remember control is the key to your mild addiction, keep everything in hand!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:14 pm

warburton lad wrote:
John Wren wrote:
thank you muchly lad.

how did keeffe look?

Thank you Mr John Wren,

Caff trained on far side of oval, but looked good, moving freely and kicking with penetration and precision.

Overhead Keefe telling another Magpie fan that he has put on about nine kilograms since the end of 2012... Looks like it too.

One would hope Elijah Edwards would be on both the rack and the roids as he is quite short and very thin. Pies 08, who has spent the time since he hung them up in a very good paddock by the looks of it, has identified Elijah Edwards as, "the Rioli clone we crave"!!

Time will tell...

Love your reports Lad.

What did you think of the new recruits. So that includes Young, Lynch, Russell, Grundy and Kennedy being the main ones.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Quote:
Witts worked with Ben Hudson and showed how much he has learned in twelve months on the list.

I'd appreciate it Mr lad if you could elaborate on what you mean here.

btw, condolences to uncle Olag and the rest of the family.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:24 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Quote:
Witts worked with Ben Hudson and showed how much he has learned in twelve months on the list.

I'd appreciate it Mr lad if you could elaborate on what you mean here.

btw, condolences to uncle Olag and the rest of the family.

Thank you Mr Stui Magpie. There is never a good time to lose a loved one.

What I meant about Witts is that he seems to have learnt how to position his body so that he can get first hands on the ball at each contest.

As others have noted, he does not get very far off the ground, but his sheer girth troubled Hudson a great deal. To Hudsons credit, he was very encouraging of Witts.
A few older Pies fans were in awe of the ability of Witts to palm the ball to a teammate.

What Witts does well is protect the 'drop-zone: this is to say, when the ball comes to ground from a ruck contest/ball-up, he makes a space for his rovers/ ruck rovers to come through the pack.

He is one big unit, but he can play well. The improvement is evident and one hopes it translates into a bonus for the playing rout.

It was a shame Grundie was walking laps today. To my untrained eye he may have OP... Hope I'm wrong. Would loved to have seen these two boys go for it in rucking contests.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Jezza wrote:
warburton lad wrote:
John Wren wrote:
thank you muchly lad.

how did keeffe look?

Thank you Mr John Wren,

Time will tell...

Love your reports Lad.

What did you think of the new recruits. So that includes Young, Lynch, Russell, Grundy and Kennedy being the main ones.

Young and Grundie were injured rehab group. Young ran laps with Ball. Grundy walked a lot of laps.
Lynch, Russell and especially Kennedy were most impressive. Lynch has a great attitude on the track. Really seems to love his work.

By the way, Krakouer is a freak in ball use sense and Blairy just keeps improving. The Wee-Man could be in for a big year....

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:37 pm

Warburton Lad - you are my favourite poster. Apart from your insightful posts, your manners and politeness are something that we can all learn from.

Well done lad!

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:44 pm

warburton lad wrote:
John Wren wrote:
thank you muchly lad.

how did keeffe look?

Thank you Mr John Wren,

Time will tell...

Thanks as always for you insight and report on the training, Sorry about your Aunt. ( I have lost a few good mates lately). Just an observations after looking at Brian's photos it looks like the Caff is in the forwards group, something I am glad to see! There was a lot of suggestions they were going to play him off the halfback.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 pm

dalyc wrote:
Warburton Lad - you are my favourite poster. Apart from your insightful posts, your manners and politeness are something that we can all learn from.

Well done lad!

Thank you DalyC.

I have been blessed in my time in this beautiful country to have many new Aussie friends who have taught me much about the game.

I love Nicks and many, many times learn much from observations of other posters. I enjoy the diversity of views. Like going to the movies and each walks out with their own perspective of what they just saw.

The only movie I never really understood was The Matrix. When I saw it again on Foxtel recently, I understood it less than I did the first time I saw it with Mr Dave O'D.

Thank you.

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 pm

Mossi wrote:
warburton lad wrote:
John Wren wrote:
thank you muchly lad.

how did keeffe look?

Thank you Mr John Wren,

Time will tell...

Thanks as always for you insight and report on the training, Sorry about your Aunt. ( I have lost a few good mates lately). Just an observations after looking at Brian's photos it looks like the Caff is in the forwards group, something I am glad to see! There was a lot of suggestions they were going to play him off the halfback.

Thank you Mr Mossi.

Sorry about your losses too. McCaffer was definitely played as a forward today. His ability to hold his ground in marking contests, especially on the fast lead was very encouraging.

I hope that our boys returning from knee injuries enjoy better luck than some of the lads from other teams. The game is better when all the top players are available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: