Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why so many coaches? Mick has cut the number at Blooze.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlight 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jack_spain wrote:
Redlight wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
I love the fact that these Malthouse haters were usually on his side in the Nick's civil wars. I was for Buckley, but I never hated Mick. And I don't hate him now!

When we had Malthouse you wanted Buckley, now we've got Buckley Malthouse is a genius.

You're always convinced that whatever the Club isn't doing is the thing to do.

Our history since the 1950s shows we usually don't do the right thing.

So that's why we're a rabble teetering on the edge of bankruptcy and can't attract crowds or sponsors or TV ratings?

For mine being the biggest show in football would indicate that the Club may have done a thing or two right over the years.

Of course I wouldn't expect you to notice that.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:18 am

Fair enough. We should just call ourselves the Tottenham Hotspurs of the AFL. Razz

We are certainly no Manchester United. They win something big every year. Laughing
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:57 am

jack_spain wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Joel wrote:
As others have said, Mick doesn't like it when he is not fully control. This would be all about consolidating his control at the club.

+ 1

Laughing I love the fact that these Malthouse haters were usually on his side in the Nick's civil wars. I was for Buckley, but I never hated Mick. And I don't hate him now!

It's a well known fact that Mick likes to be in control, and has to have the last say on everything. Don't misconstrue my comments for your own personal objective.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Looks like they can probably also sack whoever they employ to help them out with trade month.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:07 pm

So MM cuts back on the assistant coaches so he can start off in total control and suddenly that's the new model? Rolling Eyes

Here's an idea. lets get rid of the assistant coaches altogether and do something different like having one coach only.

The coach can also hold down a job on the side, because we'll only train the players on Tuesday and Thursday nights, after they finish working in their jobs.

The punters can go down to the social club after work, have a skinful of cheap beer and drive home after watching the boys train.

Welcome to 1972. Rolling Eyes

buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
So MM cuts back on the assistant coaches so he can start off in total control and suddenly that's the new model? Rolling Eyes

Here's an idea. lets get rid of the assistant coaches altogether and do something different like having one coach only.

The coach can also hold down a job on the side, because we'll only train the players on Tuesday and Thursday nights, after they finish working in their jobs.

The punters can go down to the social club after work, have a skinful of cheap beer and drive home after watching the boys train.

Welcome to 1972. Rolling Eyes

Sounds more like Lulie St Abbotsford in the 80's Wink

Sherwood Pie Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Mick better watch his own back: I found it interesting to see that Luke Sayers has been appointed as a board member at the scum. Sayers is the CEO of the country's biggest accounting and business advisory firm, pwc. As soon as he was appointed CEO, hundreds of staff were sacked in a "restructure". Before taking up the CEO role, Sayers built a reputation as a hatchet man in the firm, overseeing 100s of other sackings and redundancies. All this occurred while pwc was making financial donations to a charity called e.motion21 - a charity run by Sayers'wife!
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:31 pm

Sherwood Pie wrote:
Mick better watch his own back: I found it interesting to see that Luke Sayers has been appointed as a board member at the scum. Sayers is the CEO of the country's biggest accounting and business advisory firm, pwc. As soon as he was appointed CEO, hundreds of staff were sacked in a "restructure". Before taking up the CEO role, Sayers built a reputation as a hatchet man in the firm, overseeing 100s of other sackings and redundancies. All this occurred while pwc was making financial donations to a charity called e.motion21 - a charity run by Sayers'wife!

Oh my, doesn't he sound just peachy-perfect for Carlton?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Redlight wrote:
Sherwood Pie wrote:

Oh my, doesn't he sound just peachy-perfect for Carlton?

Yes indeedy, what an inspirational sort of guy, a role model Wink

Mind you didn't we have that Cooper bloke (or whatever his name was) on our board too?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: