Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Chelsea FC

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruno 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yarra Falls End

I was referring to Cobham. This is where the club is based. Stamford Bridge is simply where we play our home games, run a couple of mega stores and do stadium tours. (I don't believe the hotel, nor the Marco Pierre White restuarant is run by the club... I think that space is leased).

It is much like Lexus Centre vs MCG for Collingwood. (Although Roman does own Stanford Bridge). From afar, people would think the MCG was our home. But obviously it is Lexus.

And re. Wenger... I was just trying to get a rise out of some Gunner fans here.
Bruno 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:17 am

Re. Loyalty in Football.... ofcourse, there are going to be others in addition to the likes of Maldini and Del Pierro. The list wasn't supposed to be a true and exhaustive list of everyone. I guess I used those as an example because Maldini has long family connections with Milan, whilst Del Pierro, arguably the worlds best striker was happy to play in Serie B in order to stay with the club. (I wonder if this thread is about to morph into a discussion on who the worlds best striker is!!!!)

I was making the point to Roddy who suggested he stopped supporting Chelsea because the players were only there for the money. I was simply saying that it is like this at all clubs.

The Ryan Giggs of the world are the exception. The Craig Bellamys of the world are the rule.

But good luck to them I say. I have no problem with people chasing money, looking for new challenges at different clubs or different leagues. Variety is the spice of life.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:13 pm

Chelsea lost 4-1 to At Madrid in the Euro Super Cup last night Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: