Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies sink Saints - all comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

jackcass wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
13 shots in a quarter for a 5.8 return is just woeful. Will we ever learn?

And as far as I'm concerned we needed to start playing our best footy last week, not next week. It's no use building for the finals. We should be close to our peak now.

I keep hearing from the coach and players that we haven't played our best foot yet. What are we waiting for?

Here's a sobering thought. Maybe we have played our best footy, and it was back in Round 8 against the Crows.

Injuries are no longer a legitimate excuse. We had our best team for the year on the field last night, dominated a quarter of footy, and then got our arses handed to us in the third.

Disappointing.

5 changes and you expect it all to just fall instantly into place... really?

Um... Yes.

Or here's a thought. If team changes are going to prevent things falling into place, then how about we don't rest 4 players from the week before?

The time for resting players and screwing around with selection has passed.

MattyD 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:10 am

i was just watching a bit of the game from saturday night and geez how dirty and reckless were the saints players?
the slide on goldsack, the hit on wellingham and Jolly....
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:53 am

MattyD wrote:
i was just watching a bit of the game from saturday night and geez how dirty and reckless were the saints players?
the slide on goldsack, the hit on wellingham and Jolly....

Yep they are just dirty crawlers!

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:39 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:

And as far as I'm concerned we needed to start playing our best footy last week, not next week. It's no use building for the finals. We should be close to our peak now.

I keep hearing from the coach and players that we haven't played our best foot yet. What are we waiting for?

Here's a sobering thought. Maybe we have played our best footy, and it was back in Round 8 against the Crows.

Injuries are no longer a legitimate excuse. We had our best team for the year on the field last night, dominated a quarter of footy, and then got our arses handed to us in the third.

Disappointing.

Um... Yes.

Or here's a thought. If team changes are going to prevent things falling into place, then how about we don't rest 4 players from the week before?

After the way we faded toward the business end of 2010, I'm more than happy for the club to take opportunities to conserve players when they can. I guess we'll be better placed to judge in about 8 weeks time.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:44 pm

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Did anyone else notice the numerous 'wild' handballs that we shot off from the central corridor - usually just outside 50 - that went to absolutely no-one?? Initially I thought they made a mistake but the more it happened the more I wondered if this was a new string to our game-plan. Admittedly it failed every time but it looked like there was supposed to be someone running into the space.

It was just odd... it's one thing to try and get rid of the ball when under pressure, it's another to handball it 20-30 metres to the outside of the corridor, as opposed to trying to get it deeper in our forward line or more towards the centre when our backline.

Anyone else notice this? Really odd.

My two cents. We should have won by 6-7 goals. We should have been that far up at half time. Game would have been over. Sadly it wasn't due to the horrid 5-8. Still astounded at how long it took us to respond in the 3rd qtr. 10 scoring shots against in a quarter for the third time in four weeks.

Even in the last quarter you felt like we still could have won by 3-4 goals had we not stuffed so many shots.

Here's hoping the "good" side of us turns up this week.

yep, I did also and have noticed it for a while. Was really bad at times against GWS. Other times however we have strung some very good chains of handball together in close and freed up the footy resulting in clean entry to the forward line. I was wondering myself after the saints that this movement by hand, and through the corridor at times, reminded me of the Cats.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:17 pm

jackcass wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Deja Vu wrote:

Disappointing.

Um... Yes.

After the way we faded toward the business end of 2010, I'm more than happy for the club to take opportunities to conserve players when they can. I guess we'll be better placed to judge in about 8 weeks time.

+1 I hope Buckley does everything to make sure we will be at our best in September. That includes making the top 4!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14   

Jump to: