Re: Bruce Abernethy

Posted by Sereda on 10 July, 1998 at 00:34:12:

> Bruce Abernathy coincidently wore the same number as Bucks, number 5. He had a few good years at North before coming to Collingwood, and although he showed flashes of brilliance, never really gave us great value for what we paid for him.
> Damien.

I think Buckley actually asked for number 5 because Abernethy wore it at Collingwood. Abernethy polled around 14 Brownlow votes in his last year at Collingwood, so it was disappointing that he left the big time at a relatively young age.

Post a Response

Name:
E-Mail:

Comments: