Re: The Ages Article

Posted by Sereda on 24 June, 1998 at 14:13:08:

> there was a number of valid points made in the
> article. One is that many senior players have lost
> faith in Tony Shaws game plan which centres around
> Nathan Buckley. Top players have become disillusioned.
> If this is the case than there is no real point in
> Shaw staying on as coach. Sure he may be a scapegoat
> but rather than cleaning out a roster its a lot
> easier to replace a coach. Whatever changes are on the
> agenda they should be made soon before the team slips further into the mire.

I can't see how people can crucify a guy because his game plan centres around Nathan Buckley, especially when he is head and shoulders above the rest of his colleagues. Buckley is an absolute superstar, and has been the shining light in a very ordinary team. I'd hate to see how the team would perform if the game plan placed a reduced emphasis on the Buckley factor.

Post a Response

Name:
E-Mail:

Comments: